WTA website gets a much needed overhaul - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 14th, 2012, 02:00 AM   #76
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WTA website gets a much needed overhaul

You can now click in the rankings. Still need to fix the rankings breakdown.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 14th, 2012, 02:24 AM   #77
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's Freudian in the sense that the WTA needs an overhaul.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 02:51 AM   #78
country flag Viennalover

Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of

found many mistakes on ranking points breakdown.
probably there's tons of it and not sure if they can fix it all... too many

I can't believe they opened it with this low quality...
it's not a college website or something but they have tons of money....
looks like they wanted to cut the budget and made by themselves!?

Last edited by Viennalover : Dec 14th, 2012 at 03:04 AM.
Viennalover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 03:09 AM   #79
country flag Mynarco
Thank You For The Music

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute
I hope they would fix the h2h asap
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 03:11 AM   #80
country flag iWill

iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute iWill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzhak View Post
The Head2Head is not saying at which round each match took place but only the tournament and the year, it's big BUG...
Yeah that is super annoying I thought I was crazy for a moment cause I couldnt imagine why they wouldnt automatically include that information ..Cmon WTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
*inserts a couple fingers into you*
VOTE POPCON 2014
iWill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 03:23 AM   #81
country flag Viennalover

Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of Viennalover has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanw2008 View Post
I couldnt imagine why they wouldnt automatically include that information ..Cmon WTA
True.
If most of the date can't come out automatically,
how can they fix the error one by one, it'll take thousand hours...

do we need to report all mistakes that we found on fave's profile?
Viennalover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 03:24 AM   #82
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

We should be able to see a full tournament schedule and be able to see each "category' separately.

When clicking on "rankings", one should see the singles.
97% don't care about Roberta Vinci's doubles ranking.

I'm already sick of the big in-your-face yellow icons.
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #83
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
Good news, I hope that's a sign that they're still working on all the remaining errors and missing data.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #84
country flag wtatourfan

wtatourfan has much to be proud of wtatourfan has much to be proud of wtatourfan has much to be proud of wtatourfan has much to be proud of wtatourfan has much to be proud of wtatourfan has much to be proud of wtatourfan has much to be proud of wtatourfan has much to be proud of wtatourfan has much to be proud of wtatourfan has much to be proud of wtatourfan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtatourfan View Post
I didnt like it that much... BTW, does anyone know how to get the PDF 2013 Calendar in this new website?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layabout View Post
I don't think you can...they seem to have removed many of the features of the old site hopefully they'll improve the usability of it
actually, I found it here: http://www.wtatennis.com/road-to-sofia

There's still a lot of thing to fix...
wtatourfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #85
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

I still say the site peaked in 2003-2005 with the black and hot pink layout. Super easy to navigate.
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #86
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

tennis is one of the few sports , where historical legacy is of a great importance .... We don't know who won Olympics in the 30s or 50s in track and field , boxing etc, but we know GS champions since the beginning of 19 century

At the same time on WTA web site we can find nothing about tennis history, nothing about statistics , records etc . I can't press one link and find out who won the most number of RG trophies, who had the longest winning streak , a least of youngest GS champions, a list of CGS winners etc ... I still can find it at wikipedia ,but i'd better check it on official WTA web site

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #87
country flag Wiggly

Their Twitter's yearbook looks like a cheap Justin Bieber's concert program or something.
Very frustrating to see this organization go down the toilet.
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #88
country flag ivanban

ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
Yass
ivanban is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #89
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute

Minor quibble - Why are ITF titles being counted in the players' overall title count? This is the website for the WTA tour not the ITF tour

Overall, I like the update though.
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 09:42 AM   #90
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

No printable rankings with points coming off?

spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote