Do you agree? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 07:14 PM   #1
pav

pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute
Do you agree?

Do fans of the ones named as being "certainly"worse than Aga agree,or is the gun being jumped?

Radwanska best ever at Classic?

Published: 7:13AM Friday January 04, 2013 Source: Fairfax
  • Agnieszka Radwanska in ASB Classic quarter-finals - Source: Photosport
Agnieszka Radwanska swept past Elena Vesnina 6-3 6-3 yesterday and did it with such ease that it brings up the question of whether there has ever been anyone as good as her at the ASB Classic before.
Recent winners of the Auckland event include Jelena Jankovic, Elena Dementieva, Marion Bartoli and Lindsay Davenport.
She is certainly a better player than the first three on that list, and when Davenport came in 2008, she was in the twilight of her career. In 2011, Maria Sharapova came, but didn't look interested in doing anything more than collecting her appearance money and shooting off to Australia.
So you have to go back to Evonne Goolagong and Margaret Court in the early 1970s to find someone who can make a case about being better than the 23-year-old Pole.
Vesnina had been playing well up until this quarter-final clash, and she came into it with a credible game plan of trying to move her opponent around the court, get into an arm-wrestle and tire her out.
However, the Pole's fitness never looked like flagging, which is a sign of how much work she had put in over the off-season, before arriving in New Zealand.
Radwanska covered the court with such effortless ease that that the Russian found no way past her. At the same time, Radwanska would be sending away an array of crosscourt winners and unlike her opponent, she rarely made an unforced error.
After Radwanska won the first set, the rain came down when Vesnina was up 2-1 in the second, with the persistent light showers keeping the players off for an hour and a half.
But it didn't take too long after the resumption for Radwanska to take the second set by the same score line as the first.
The top seed will now face American Jamie Hamption, after she beat Dutch Kiki Bertens last night, while Yanina Wickmayer and Mona Barthel will meet in the other semi-final today.

Boisterous Belgian Wickmayer strolled into her third final-four appearance at the Auckland tournament with her third straight sets win this week, yesterday trouncing compatriot Kirsten Flipkens 6-3 6-4, and German Barthel ousted Johanna Larsson 6-2 6-1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 07:16 PM   #2
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you agree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pav View Post
Do fans of the ones named as being "certainly"worse than Aga agree,or is the gun being jumped?

Radwanska best ever at Classic?

Published: 7:13AM Friday January 04, 2013 Source: Fairfax
  • Agnieszka Radwanska in ASB Classic quarter-finals - Source: Photosport
Agnieszka Radwanska swept past Elena Vesnina 6-3 6-3 yesterday and did it with such ease that it brings up the question of whether there has ever been anyone as good as her at the ASB Classic before.
Recent winners of the Auckland event include Jelena Jankovic, Elena Dementieva, Marion Bartoli and Lindsay Davenport.
She is certainly a better player than the first three on that list
I'm sorry? She's better than Bartoli and is lightyears away from Dementieva and Jankovic And twilight of her career in-form Davenport was a much better player than Radwanska.

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 07:23 PM   #3
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

They must think Vesnina is a great player
King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 07:28 PM   #4
country flag Third Mall

Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold Third Mall is a splendid one to behold

You clearly just posted this so people can bash Aga, again.

Anyway, even as a fan of Aga, I have to say there's no way anyone can say she is certainly better than Elena. She is definitely better than Bartoli and, so far, she's about level with Jelena. She will be considered a better player than Jankovic by the end of their careers. She's nowhere near Davenport though. Don't know why this stuff was written, or why it's even being discussed.
Third Mall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 07:29 PM   #5
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

They should wait until she wins the title to annoint her.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 07:30 PM   #6
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Im sorry but she's made 5 QF and 1 slam final, in no way is she better than Lena D or Empress, even if JJ only reached one slam final she still had plenty of SF showings. Ofc this will be debatable by the end of her career.

If we're talking about results and form then Aga is better than Empress RIGHT NOW
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 07:30 PM   #7
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute

It made me laugh
Roookie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 07:37 PM   #8
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

so all this drivel was posted after she beat Vesnina of them all?
they should wait till in-form Barthel blasts her puffballs off the court and proclaim a new GOAT of ASB then
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 08:05 PM   #9
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

OP , is really Afghan marijuana that good quality? Analyzing your post it looks like it is very effective

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:53 PM   #10
pav

pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Mall View Post
You clearly just posted this so people can bash Aga, again.
I did not clearly post it for that childish reason, I just thought it was a very rash statement at this stage of her career!I certainly have nothing against Aga(except when some say she has the best legs on tour)
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:55 PM   #11
country flag caros defender

caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all caros defender is a name known to all

Jankovic, Dementieva, and Davenport were much better.
caros defender is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 10:59 PM   #12
Gentleman

Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Davenport was overall much better player then all of these girls mentioned here... Just be honest.
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:00 PM   #13
country flag Simugna Help

Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute

In all likelihood she will have had a much better career than Jankovic or Dementieva by the time she retires, however she will not match Lindsay's achievements.
Simugna Help is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote