Alize season 2013 - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 24th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #91
country flag Ollie_R

Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute Ollie_R has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alize season 2013

Great win for Alize!

Does anyone know the reason why she started slumping in 2009 after being so promising?

Petrova / Stosur / Kuznetsova / Kanepi / Rybarikova / Makarova / Hradecka / K.Bondarenko / Sharapova / Vesnina / Hantuchova / Flipkens / Jankovic / Govortsova / Krajicek / Martic / Lucic / Cetkovska / Rezai / Peer / Begu / Dulgheru / Arvidsson / Larsson / Hercog / Mattek-Sands / Scheepers / Pliskovas / Peng / Minella / Puchkova / Voegele
Ollie_R is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 24th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #92
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Good win again

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 07:28 PM   #93
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

allez alize good luck in R4!!
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 02:23 AM   #94
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck against Vinci in R4 Alize.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 05:32 AM   #95
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently her match with Davis was so physical in the heat that both players left the court in wheelchairs .

Chris Evert ‏@ChrissieEvert
Just witnessed a grueling 3 set, 3 hour match between Davis and Cornet in which the they both left the court in wheelchairs.......

Beyond The Baseline ‏@SI_BTBaseline
WTA confirms after Davis-Cornet match both players left court in wheelchairs. Cornet: heat illness, Davis fatigue. #wta #SonyOpenTennis

I hope she can recover in time to play Roberta.
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 06:35 AM   #96
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Good job Alize.

Keep it up.

Big match coming up with Vinci as Alize hasn't beaten a top 30 player since beating Kuznetsova in Fed Cup in February 2011.
It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon Project was a dream given form. Its goal: to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last best hope for peace. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5. (Jeffrey Sinclair: Babylon 5: Season 1: Signs and Portents)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 08:35 AM   #97
country flag HowardH

According to a posting in GM, Alize was supposedly so confused by the heat that she had to ask her coach in the locker room whether she won or lost the match.

Worrying... not sure whether she should try to play or not at this point. I'm finding it hard to believe she will be able to play properly. If she feels up to it, maybe start the match with Vinci but don't continue if the effects of heat exhaustion reappear.

Last edited by HowardH : Mar 25th, 2013 at 08:50 AM.
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #98

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

whatever, just try to recover and fight against vinci now!!!
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #99
country flag jiffster

jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all

I was at the match yesterday. It was very hot, they played midday, with swirling winds. Davis played a very solid first set, was getting everything back and hitting some nice winners. I think because of the wind it was difficult for both players to be super aggressive, so the rallies were long with lots of looping topspin shots. The games and rallies were long, and there were many deuce points on both sides. It was almost like watching a clay court match. Mauresmo was in the stands watching and was full of support for Alize's efforts. Alize was in a lot of trouble, but started to turn things around in the second set. She hit some pretty effective drop shots, and Davis started missing a bit. By the end of the second set both players were exhausted. Davis was clearly cramping in the back of her legs, and both players left the court for 15 minutes between sets 2 and 3. Alize started strong in the third set, and opened up a 4-1 lead. I was surprised that Davis had seemed to recover from her cramping, and was moving well. I thought she might default early in the third set, but instead she seemed to revive and started playing better again. At 4-1 Alize was in the driver's seat, but the match did not feel resolved yet. Alize is always capable of losing her service game, and it seemed like it would still be a fight to the finish. In the end, I think Alize's experience pushed her past Davis. Alize fought really hard in the final games, though she was clearly in distress. Still she played smart, and was aggressive when she could be and it paid off. At match point Alize screamed in victory, a win that she deserved and really wanted. Davis walked off the court quickly into the arms of her coach, she was very upset and crying. Alize walked off looking fine, smiling and waving to the crowd. Neither player emerged from the small court 2 stadium for quite awhile, in fact the next doubles match started before either player left. Davis did not leave in a wheelchair, but she was rushed out by a bunch of security and she was clearly not feeling well. Alize left 10 minutes later, and was rolled out in a wheelchair with towels of ice on her neck and legs. Shot lots of photos, will post when I get a chance.

Her match with Vinci is mid to late afternoon today, and heat should not be a factor. Vinci came back to beat Suarez-Navarro and looked pretty strong in doing so. This could be a tough match.
jiffster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #100

thank you a lot for your report, really appreciated it
will be waiting for the pics
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #101
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like awful conditions yesterday. Hope Alize is ok today.

Could you please split your post into paragraphs, jiffster? It'd be a lot easier to read. Thanks.
It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon Project was a dream given form. Its goal: to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last best hope for peace. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5. (Jeffrey Sinclair: Babylon 5: Season 1: Signs and Portents)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 12:45 AM   #102
country flag HowardH

Alize won the first set 6-2 but lost in the third set 6-4 . Still a good week for her. Time to rest up and prepare for the next event.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 03:18 AM   #103
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

I like that she was competitive against VInci. There is work to do on her serve but from what I've been able to glimpse from her Miami +IW matches her FH looks like it's coming together.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #104
country flag jiffster

jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all

Making the fourth round in Miami is a good accomplishment, but the match with Vinci was very winnable. Alize played a great first set, serving very well and dictating the pace. It was the best set of tennis I have personally seen her play in Miami in years.

In the first game in the second set, it seemed like her lower back started to bother her. She was holding it, and stretching it between points. All her momentum disappeared quickly and her mood completely changed. Her serve lost a lot of effectiveness, and Vinci was in complete control of set 2.

Alize never stopped fighting and opened up a 3-0, 2 break lead in the third set. But her serving betrayed her yet again and Vinci quickly reeled off 4 straight games. Vinci started attacking the net on anything short, which was a good strategy and well executed with lethal net play. Alize finally held serve and got to 4-4 in a very tense eighth game where she held off many break points and hit some incredible winners. Alize had her chances with Vinci serving at 4-4. she had a few break points, but Vinci played tough and made some big shots to go up 5-4.

I had a strong sense that Alize had to break at 4-4 or the match was over. Her serve was a big weapon in the first set, but it was a real liability in the third. Vinci was all over Alize's serve in the final game and quickly went up 0-40 and finished off the match. If Alize could have just held serve a couple of times in the third, she would have won this match. Still, the level of play from both players was quite high and Vinci did go out and grab the victory, Alize did not just hand it to her.

If she was feeling the effects of yesterday's match, she didn't show it. I watched her practice in the morning and she looked just fine. She played late in the day, and the temperature was much cooler with very little wind.

All in all Miami was a success for her this year. She will pick up a nice bunch of points that will boost her ranking. But honestly she got a huge break when Azarenka pulled out, otherwise she would have likely walked away with only one win here. But that's how it goes, sometimes the breaks are in your favor and sometimes they aren't.

It was good to see her take advantage of the good fortune, a loss to Davis in the third round would have felt like a real missed opportunity. I don't know if she could have beaten Jankovic in the quarters, but I would have liked to see her get that chance.
jiffster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #105
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Sad she lost but great week for her

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote