Alize season 2013 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 06:24 PM   #46
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alize season 2013

She lost in 3 sets

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 06:34 PM   #47
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

very good performance in paris though. just remember what she did here last year great improvement!
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #48
country flag jiffster

jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all

Fed Cup draws were announced and Alize will not be playing singles for the team. Alize and Razzano are scheduled to play the final doubles match. Bartoli has pulled out with the "flu". Interesting decision by Mauresmo to move both Parmentier and Mladenovic ahead of Alize in the singles. I guess since Mladenovic just beat Goerges in Paris, that makes some sense. Parmentier has a decent record against both Goerges and Lisicki. We all know Alize's troubles in FedCup. We will see how it works out...
jiffster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #49

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

really? no bartoli playing singles and still alize doesnt play singles? no words
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 12:21 AM   #50
country flag Pax

Pax is just really nice Pax is just really nice Pax is just really nice Pax is just really nice Pax is just really nice Pax is just really nice Pax is just really nice Pax is just really nice Pax is just really nice Pax is just really nice Pax is just really nice

Yeah what a silly decision that Alize isn't playing singles!!!!!!!!!! That makes no sence. lol

Who decided this? Mauresmo?? This decision for me seems a stupid joke.
-Alize is is good form, it's not fair to her.
-Alize is World No. 36 at the moment, far more better rankings than the others.
-We can say that Alize played this year after some weeks consistent.
-Her performance in Paris indoors, which is her weakest surface, was very impressive, good fight against Safarova, Alize was competitive there.
-They play in Limoges on clay, which is her best surface.
-She plays well on clay, she can give back a lot of balls on every surface, and on clay it is more effective.
-And Alize could have been very dangerous to Lisicki and Goerges, who can hit a lot of unforced errors and play a lot of times without brain.

Not letting her play I think it is a huge mistake. Mladenovic plays, who played well in Paris on fast surface. So why they play on clay if Mladenovic is playing well on fast and they want Mladenovic to play?????? Why is Parmentier playing and not Alize??

Alize's smile at the photos of the official draw for me doesn't seem very honest. I think she is pissed, and I can understand her.

If Alize plays tomorrow singles it will be very hard for her, big pressure too because the Germans lead 2-0. It won't be fair.
It's hard to say, but the French team deserves the lose if they decide the things like this. One positive thing is that Alize was at the Fed Cup and she can qualify for the next Olympic Games. She doesn't have to play this event if she doesn't want.
Pax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 08:19 AM   #51

bad decition, but you can see what parmugtier and mladenovic did yesterday karma is a bitch, amelie
Old Feb 10th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #52
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, I would have expected this scenario: they choose fast hardcourt, use Bartoli and Mladenovic, given her Paris indoors run.

But with Marion out with flu, maybe Mladenovic and ... not sure about the second singles choice, maybe Razzano who hits very flat shots.

On clay however I'm really surprised that they didn't use Alize in singles. Her game suits clay more than any of the other French players. It was always going to be a tough tie though. Sabine is strong on quick surfaces as she has shown at Wimbledon, Julia is strong on clay where it becomes difficult to rush her big swing, so even the surface choice was tricky, but with Bartoli theoretically available I would have gone with a fast surface.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #53
country flag jiffster

jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all

I think it says a lot about Mauresmo's lack of confidence in Alize. Clay is her best surface, and she was the highest ranked French player on the team. The fact that Amelie thought an untested Mladenovic was a better choice than Alize--on clay--is a bit puzzling. Like I said we all know Alize's troubles in FedCup, but she has been a loyal supporter of the team and deserved the chance to play in the singles.
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #54

yeah, mauresmo doesnt like her a lot, because chosing mladenovic and parmentier over her on clay is hilarious
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:46 PM   #55
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

She won against Svitolina 62 76

Old Feb 18th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #56

not a good performance at all in second set, but good enough. first set, she was great =)
GL in R2 alize!!
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #57
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

She lost to Pereira 57 76 26

Old Feb 20th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #58

i cant
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #59
country flag jiffster

I'm starting to think that it is just a myth that clay is her best surface. I don't care how well the other girl may/may not have played (she played well last week) - #36 (2nd seed) doesn't lose to an inexperienced number #156 in the second round on her "best surface". Alize was broken three times in the final set, and double faulted five times. Pretty disappointing loss.
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 12:36 AM   #60
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Alize . Bounce back girl.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote