S8 - 4: Australian Open, Melbourne (GS) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 20th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #1
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
S8 - 4: Australian Open, Melbourne (GS)

Australian Open, Melbourne

Week 4 * Plexi Grand Slam * Draw Size 16

S1 Winner - Nathalie Dechy
S2 Winner - Tamarine Tanasugarn
S3 Winner - Alicia Molik
S4 Winner - Lindsay Davenport
S5 Winner - Britney Spears
S6 Winner - Britney Spears
S7 Winner - Aravane Rezai

Melbourne, AUS - Welcome to Melbourne, and the first Grand Slam event of season eight on the ATC! Maria Kirilenko will be aiming for history this week and the whole universe is behind her, will anyone dare to spoil the fairytale? We'll soon find out, good luck to MK all!

Points Deadline - Saturday 18:00 CET

Reminder - Please start sending Clay points

Last edited by The Daviator : Feb 20th, 2013 at 06:39 PM.
The Daviator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 20th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #2

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: S8 - 4: Australian Open, Melbourne (GS)

Beltrame 4
Date-Krumm 3
Dementieva 1
Domachowska 4
Gajdosova 2
Goerges 0
Hantuchova 2
Henin 3
Hercog 2
Hingis 4
Ivanovic 0
Kirilenko 4
Myskina 4
Oudin 0
Rezai 3
Sharapova 2
S. Williams 2
Tanasugarn 0
Vekic 3
Wozniacki 0
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #3

Daniela Hantuchova(1) v Qualifier D
Tamarine Tanasugarn v Maria Sharapova(5)

Anastasia Myskina(8) v Melanie Oudin
Qualifier C v Justine Henin(3)

Polona Hercog(4) v Aravane Rezai
Martina Hingis v Elena Dementieva(6)

Caroline Wozniacki(7) v Qualifier B
Qualifier A v Maria Kirilenko(2)

Qualifying

A. Julia Goerges v Kimiko Date-Krumm
B. Jarmila Gajdosova v Donna Vekic
C. Serena Williams v Severine Beltrame
D. Marta Domachowska v Ana Ivanovic

Last edited by The Daviator : Feb 20th, 2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #4

1000 -

Rezai

700 -

Hantuchova

450 -

Henin
Hercog

250 -

Sharapova
Hingis
Oudin
Myskina

140 -

Wozniacki
Dementieva
Kirilenko

Last edited by The Daviator : Feb 21st, 2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #5

Maria Sharapova

Maria's inspirational run to the Sydney SFs gives her the POTW award and she now has 2 aces to use this week

Last edited by The Daviator : Feb 20th, 2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #6

Preview

Odds On

As far as predictions go, it really is MK and everyone else. Never before in ATC history has a player entered a major on the back of three successive wins on that surface. Well, MK has done just that, but she has come into this event as the favourite many times before and has never triumphed. Indeed, MK has lost in the round of 16 here for the past 3 seasons, can she cement her GOATess status and make it past that round and all of the others this week? It will be a nail-biter in any case. Hingis and Domachowska both make it here as the players most likely to spoil due to how well they've utilised their aces. Nobody will get past these two without a huge struggle, and if the unthinkable happens to MK, they would be the next two safest bets.

Solid Bets

Henin and Myskina have a proven calibre at this level, and have 3 and 4 aces respectively, but it's hard to predict their results as bad draws have prevented either from showcasing their potential. Henin has been undone by Hingis twice, and the same has happened to Myskina at the hands of Kirilenko. Both of their nemeses are far away from them in the draw so perhaps now we could see them put a strong run together. Aravane also has several aces at her disposal and is the defending champion, but her results on plexi have been lacklustre. Nevertheless, if she managed to surprise in the way she did in S7, who's to say she won't do the same this season?

Outside Chance

My Prediction

Good luck MK everyone

Last edited by The Daviator : Feb 21st, 2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #7
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Dang Jarka wont get Dani

Sent from my GT-I9070 using VerticalSports.Com App

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #8
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

Did seriously just get hercog? I don't think I have ever beat her....

All my points
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 01:36 AM   #9
country flag goOudinUSA
USA 2:1 Ghana

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Bally

Tim Howard
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 02:16 PM   #10
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

MK ready for Melbourne Challenge

MELBOURNE, AUS -- Second seeded Maria Kirilenko is making the practice and press rounds around Melbourne Park today, ahead of her high-profile campaign to capture her elusive Grand Slam title down under this fortnight.

It was standing room only on the practice courts, with 10,000 fans packed by Practice Court 1 to catch a glimpse of the Russian starlet.

Kirilenko seems noticeably calmer this year than in prior appearances at Melbourne as the favorite, where the pressure and nerves got the best of her. Kirilenko was joking with fans, all smiles and spent one hour signing autographs and taking pictures.

At night was the ATC player party, where Kirilenko and rising star Caroline Wozniacki chatted away with reporters and fellow players, in good spirits:

Unfortunately for them, most of the attention was placed on Top Seeded Daniela Hantuchova, whose tragic "metallic biker chic" look was not well received by players or the press, and stole all the headlines (for all the wrong reasons)

Play is scheduled to begin late Saturday.
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 06:35 PM   #11

Qualies coming up, R16 a bit later.
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 06:37 PM   #12

Qualifying

A. Goerges def. Date-Krumm W/O

B. Gajdosova def. Vekic 6-2 6-3

C. S. Williams def. Beltrame 6-3 6-4

D. Domachowska def. Ivanovic 6-3 6-4
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 06:39 PM   #13

Updated Draw

Daniela Hantuchova(1) v Marta Domachowska(Q)
Severine Beltrame(LL) v Maria Sharapova(5)

Anastasia Myskina(8) v Melanie Oudin
Serena Williams(Q) v Justine Henin(3)

Polona Hercog(4) v Aravane Rezai
Martina Hingis v Elena Dementieva(6)

Caroline Wozniacki(7) v Jarmila Gajdosova(Q)
Julia Goerges(Q) v Maria Kirilenko(2)
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 07:31 PM   #14

Round of 16

Domachowska(Q) def. Hantuchova(1)

7-5 4-6 6-1

Tough draw for Dani She gave her all, but Marta had too much game. After a sensational last few months, Dani must now relinquish the #1 ranking Marta continues to impress with another big win
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 07:39 PM   #15
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Nooo i forgot to send new points.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using VerticalSports.Com App

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote