Karine Sarkisova - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 19th, 2015, 10:58 PM   #1
country flag Potapovushina
Pervupova~

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Karine Sarkisova

I noticed her a few months ago because she qualified for both Eddie Herr and the Orange Bowl and played some good matches there - she beat Shishkina in R1 of EH before falling to Kenin (who won the Orange Bowl just after ) in R2, and at the OB she beat Hauger easily and played a really close match against Sebov (who's in great form lately) in R2.

And this week she's having a great run at 25K Moscow (which appears to be her 1st pro event ever ) where she qualified and now is through to the QFs!
She actually was given a QWC and in Q1 she beat the top seed Olga Doroshina 7-6(5) 5-2 ret., and (16)Anastasia Frolova 3 & 2 in Q2.
In MD, she routined (8)Sabina Sharipova (WTA 266) 3 & 2 in R1 and beat Elizaveta Ianchuk (WTA 334) 4 & 4 in R2 today!
She will face the top seed Vitalia Diatchenko, who's been rocketing up the rankings since her comeback from a very bad injury over a year ago and now is in the Top 100, in QF tomorrow - it's probably gonna be really tough but I'm really looking forward to seeing how she does against Vita. It's gonna be precious experience no matter the outcome of the match.

A few facts: Karine was born on June 7, 1998. She's from Sochi (like Vita! ) but lives in Moscow. I also believe she has Armenian origins. Her current junior ranking is #170 this week, she has a CHR of 154 "only" - mainly because she's not playing much, only played 8 tournaments in 2014. She has no WTA ranking.

Last year she won a tournament, a G3 in Astana, beating Valeriya Yushchenko (who is a good player) 4 & 4 in the final.

In 2013, she got notable wins over Vikhlyantseva, Paigina and Grabher.

GL to her tomorrow and in her future career!

Girls who are boys who like boys to be girls who do boys like they're girls who do girls like they're boys
Potapovushina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 19th, 2015, 11:03 PM   #2
Pervupova~

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Karine Sarkisova

with Pospelova

with Pospelova and Bryzgalova

at OB last December

Girls who are boys who like boys to be girls who do boys like they're girls who do girls like they're boys
Old Feb 20th, 2015, 12:34 AM   #3
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Someone was saying she was a top under-14 junior, but hadn't done anything of note in the next age range.

So impressive here
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2015, 10:02 AM   #4
Pervupova~

Karine up 6-3 *1-0 on Vita

Old Feb 20th, 2015, 10:15 AM   #5
Pervupova~

And Vita retires after losing the next game, Karine wins 6-3 2-0 ret.

Well, there probably was something wrong with Vita, but still that's really impressive from Karine So the dream run continues, in QF she'll face Veronika Kudermetova who's been having some impressive wins this week as well. Should be a really interesting match, to bad we won't get to watch it

Old Feb 21st, 2015, 12:10 AM   #6
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Will be ranked at least in the Top 800 in two weeks, all within her first pro appearance

GL to her against Veronika!
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Old Feb 21st, 2015, 12:47 AM   #7
country flag Warrior

Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Impressive debut. I'll keep an eye on her.
Warrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2015, 03:53 AM   #8
country flag juki

juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute

Vids of Karine back in November 2011 when she was Russia's best U14 player at the time. She was the #1 seed at Les Petits As in 2012, but was unlucky facing American Nicole Frenkel in R1. Her junior results since then have been solid, but unspectacular.

In blue dress from this match against Fatima Bizhukova
juki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2015, 10:49 AM   #9
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

She won against Nichka 2-6 6-2 7-6(3) I really like this girl
Why do you think she is Armenian Zvonaraver?

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2015, 12:38 PM   #10
Pervupova~

Wow, Karine! Impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Why do you think she is Armenian Zvonaraver?
Because of her first name - Каринэ. The traditional Russian version would be Карина. I'm pretty sure I've seen about her Armenian origins on FB or VK, but I'm no expert obviously, and I'm too lazy to do the searching again.

Old Feb 21st, 2015, 12:41 PM   #11
Pervupova~

She looks really cute in the interview vid btw.

Old Feb 21st, 2015, 01:37 PM   #12
country flag lupojohn
TF's Ultimate Thread Starter

lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute

Not only pretty, but talented. Already in the Top 800 after her pro debut is nothing to sneeze it. Definitely one to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
If Saisai rises to the Top 50, i'll treat SAISAI-GOAT to Saisai's R1 match at the Open this upcoming year. Let's see if she can rise that high
Current rank: 73rd.
lupojohn is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2015, 02:45 PM   #13
Pervupova~

She will face Margarita Gasparyan in the final - battle of the Armenian Russians

Old Feb 21st, 2015, 11:12 PM   #14
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Armenia They could be so strong
I think she can win this

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2015, 01:08 AM   #15
Tennis Fool

Girl, slay

Now playing Moscow Queen! Exciting!
Putintseva #1 player