Challenge: Predict the Top 8 of 2013 (Congratulations to SAhero) - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 10th, 2012, 10:08 AM   #76
country flag SAhero

SAhero is just really nice SAhero is just really nice SAhero is just really nice SAhero is just really nice SAhero is just really nice SAhero is just really nice SAhero is just really nice SAhero is just really nice SAhero is just really nice SAhero is just really nice SAhero is just really nice
Re: Challenge: Predict the Top 8 of 2013

1. Maria Sharapova
2. Victoria Azarenka
3. Petra Kvitova
4. Serena Williams
5. Agnieszka Radwanska
6. Sara Errani
7. Li Na
8. Angelique Kerber

9. Petrova, Nadia
10. Dominica Cibulkova

mervana sandra adriana ema helena dijana damira
sonja dada azra sanela lejla dea senka ina
nadina selma jasmina maja anita marijana asja
melissa ena medina adela
SAhero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 10th, 2012, 10:25 AM   #77
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

In no order: S. Williams, Sharapova, Azarenka, Kvitova, Radwanska, Ivanovic, Wozniacka, Kerber.

Alternate: Stosur #9, someone random #10.
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #78
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

1). Serena
2). Vika
3). Sharapova
4). Kvitova
5). Venus
6). Li
7). Kerber
8). Barthel

9). Samantha
10). Radwanska
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #79
country flag FletcherPD

FletcherPD is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Azarenka
2. Kvitova
3. Serena
4. Sharapova
5. Li
6. Wozniacki
7. A.Radwanska
8. Kerber
9. Bartoli
10. Robson
FletcherPD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #80
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Ivanovic and Kirilenko are mostly unable to beat the players inside the Top10 (or even in the Top20 actually) so I would be very surprised to see them integrating the Top10.

Cibulkova, Safarova, Kanepi, Goerges and Lisicki have everything it takes but injuries or inconsistency have always prevented them to reach this goal. I don't see why it should change suddenly.

Bartoli is always close but always falls short.

No one among the youngest players gives me the impression of being ready for a real breakthrough, although here we must expect some surprises.

IMO, Makarova and Barthel are making steady progresses and I'll follow them closely.

Schiavone is getting older and is probably close to her retirement. Kuznetsova and Jankovic: well, no one knows what to expect from them.

Taking into account these elements it's difficult to predict significant changes for 2013. So here are my predictions:

1- Azarenka: since her game is about controlled aggression and tactical choices it allows her to be incredibly consistent. She could very well stay at the top of the ranking.

2- Kvitova: in 2012 she was still crushing most of her opponents ranked among the Top20/30. As soon as she will recover the capacity of defeating the other Top10, she will move up the ranking.

3- Sharapova: I thought she would end about the 8th rank in 2012, but she proved me wrong. She seems to have recovered her game, so she could well stay in the Top3.

4- Serena: as good as she is, she doesn't play enough to really compete for the top spot(s). In 2012, she played what was the closest thing of a full schedule for her. She won more than 93% of her matches and was still unable to reach the number one spot. I dont think she can do better than a 3th or 4th rank.

5- Kerber: she's fairly consistent and, as a Top10 player, she'll have easier draws in 2013 than in 2012. If she keeps the same intensity, she'll remain among the best.

6- A. Radwanska.

7- Stosur

8- Wozniacki: that's more a hope than a prediction if she doesn't improve.

9- Robson

10 - Zvonareva
Achernar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #81
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

If no specific orders mentioned, the players you entered first will be counted as #1.

Not listing alts will not alter your rankings if other players who indicated alts got incorrect.
coolfish1103 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #82
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

1. M Sharapova
2. S Williams
3. V Azarenka
4. P Kvitova
5. A Ivanovic
6. C Wozniacki
7. N Petrova
8. A Radwanska

---

9. A Kerber
10. S Stosur
Ana'sProcess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #83
country flag erschloy214

erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all

1 - Serena
2 - Azarenka
3 - Sharapova
4 - Kvitova
5 - Radwanska
6 - Li Na
7 - Kerber
8 - Stosur
------------
9 - Wozniacki
10 - Venus
erschloy214 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 08:43 PM   #84
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute

1. Kvitova
2. Azarenka
3. Sharapova
4. Serena
5. Li
6. A.Radwanska
7. Wozniacki
8. Venus
--
9. Kerber
10. Kanepi
TT Singles Current Ranking: #1 (CH Ranking: #1)
Titles(6): Linz 2014, Cincinnati 2014, Wimbledon 2014, Marrakech 2014, Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #28 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles(6): Cincinnati 2014, Bucharest 2014, Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
Inger67 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #85
country flag Asif_Nawaz

Asif_Nawaz has a reputation beyond repute Asif_Nawaz has a reputation beyond repute Asif_Nawaz has a reputation beyond repute Asif_Nawaz has a reputation beyond repute Asif_Nawaz has a reputation beyond repute Asif_Nawaz has a reputation beyond repute Asif_Nawaz has a reputation beyond repute Asif_Nawaz has a reputation beyond repute Asif_Nawaz has a reputation beyond repute Asif_Nawaz has a reputation beyond repute Asif_Nawaz has a reputation beyond repute

1. Sharapova
2. Williams
3. Kvitova
4. Kerber
5. Azarenka
6. Li
7. Radwanska
8. Bartoli
9. Stosur
10.Ivanovic

R.I.P BALLY
Asif_Nawaz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #86
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achernar View Post
Ivanovic and Kirilenko are mostly unable to beat the players inside the Top10 (or even in the Top20 actually) so I would be very surprised to see them integrating the Top10.

Cibulkova, Safarova, Kanepi, Goerges and Lisicki have everything it takes but injuries or inconsistency have always prevented them to reach this goal. I don't see why it should change suddenly.

Bartoli is always close but always falls short.

No one among the youngest players gives me the impression of being ready for a real breakthrough, although here we must expect some surprises.

IMO, Makarova and Barthel are making steady progresses and I'll follow them closely.

Schiavone is getting older and is probably close to her retirement. Kuznetsova and Jankovic: well, no one knows what to expect from them.

Taking into account these elements it's difficult to predict significant changes for 2013. So here are my predictions:

1- Azarenka: since her game is about controlled aggression and tactical choices it allows her to be incredibly consistent. She could very well stay at the top of the ranking.

2- Kvitova: in 2012 she was still crushing most of her opponents ranked among the Top20/30. As soon as she will recover the capacity of defeating the other Top10, she will move up the ranking.

3- Sharapova: I thought she would end about the 8th rank in 2012, but she proved me wrong. She seems to have recovered her game, so she could well stay in the Top3.

4- Serena: as good as she is, she doesn't play enough to really compete for the top spot(s). In 2012, she played what was the closest thing of a full schedule for her. She won more than 93% of her matches and was still unable to reach the number one spot. I dont think she can do better than a 3th or 4th rank.
Those 4th round and 1st round losses at AO and FO are what's holding her back. I doubt she'll replicate performances as poor as those in 2013. She may not win both, but she should reach at least the 4th round at both
effedcamel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #87
country flag matj2310

matj2310 is just really nice matj2310 is just really nice matj2310 is just really nice matj2310 is just really nice matj2310 is just really nice matj2310 is just really nice matj2310 is just really nice matj2310 is just really nice matj2310 is just really nice matj2310 is just really nice matj2310 is just really nice

1. serena
2. azarenka
3. Sharapova
4. kvitova
5. kerber
6. Radwanska
7. venus
8. stosur
9. robson
10 Sloane
matj2310 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 12:03 AM   #88
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

1. Vika Azarenka
2 Serena Williams
3. Maria Sharapova
4. Agnieszka Radwanska
5. Angelique Kerber
6. Sara Errani
7. Petra Kvitova
8. Sam Stosur
9. Caro Wozniacki
10. Andrea Petkovic
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 02:05 AM   #89
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by effedcamel View Post
Those 4th round and 1st round losses at AO and FO are what's holding her back. I doubt she'll replicate performances as poor as those in 2013. She may not win both, but she should reach at least the 4th round at both
I agree with the bolded part, but it would not have made any difference in 2012. With these two 4th round, she would have had 9675 pts, 370 less than Sharapova and 920 under Azarenka. Even if we replace her bad results by 2 QF, she is only tied with Sharapova and still under Azarenka by 480 pts.

Since 2012 was truly exceptional for Serena, with 7 titles, over 90% of matches won and only 4 losses, we can rationally doubt that she'll replicate these results in 2013. Especially since she'll probably play less next year - as an example, I'm not sure she will replace the Olympics by another tournament. All in all, she has a really small margin to improve her results.

OTOH, it is very possible that her top opponents experienced a decline of their own results. Then, Serena would have a chance for the Top3, or even for the number one. But if anyone reaches 9000 ranking points or more, she won't be able to compete with it. At least, that's how I see it.
Achernar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 06:45 AM   #90
country flag Moo_21

Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all Moo_21 is a name known to all

1. Azarenka
2. S. Williams
3. Sharapova
4. Kvitova
5. A. Radwanska
6. Wozniacki
7. Kerber
8. V. Williams

9. Li
10. Petrova

http://mootennis.com