Whatever happened to Jarka Gajdosova in 2012? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 27th, 2012, 01:12 AM   #1
country flag martin white

martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of martin white has much to be proud of
Whatever happened to Jarka Gajdosova in 2012?

im not a huge fan,but whatever happened to Jarka to cause such a drop in form and ranking?she started the year in the mid 30's,now languishesat#179,I remember her getting killed byb Bartoli in The hopman cup 0 and 0,also her marriage collapse,i hope 2013 is better for Jarka
Advertisement

Old Nov 27th, 2012, 01:25 AM   #2
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Whatever happened to Jarka Gajdosova in 2012?

Average 40 Unforced Errors per match (set )

Just kidding I like her, especially when she's finding the court

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 01:35 AM   #3
country flag jetglo

jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin white View Post
im not a huge fan,but whatever happened to Jarka to cause such a drop in form and ranking?she started the year in the mid 30's,now languishesat#179,I remember her getting killed byb Bartoli in The hopman cup 0 and 0,also her marriage collapse,i hope 2013 is better for Jarka
I think you answered your own question. Don't underestimate the impact a relationship ending can have.
jetglo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 01:42 AM   #4
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Jarka
GOATdin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 01:55 AM   #5
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute
She's had a very hard year off court as well and that unfortunately but expectedly translated into a tough year on court. Please come back refreshed for 2013 Jarks

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

Last edited by Yoncé : Nov 27th, 2012 at 02:36 AM.
Yoncé is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 02:10 AM   #6
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

She began the year playing horribly, probably affected by her separation. Then she was abused on Twitter, which led her to close her account. And as if that was not enough, her mother apparently died in mid-year.

Gajdosova grieves over mom’s passing

Matt Cronin
Monday, September 24, 2012

Jarmila Gajdosova announces that her mother, who was also named Jarmila, passed away while she was competing at the WTA tournament in Guangzhou last week.

"On Friday afternoon I was told my mum died," Gajdosova wrote on the WTA website. "It was a shock. I've been very sad. I cried a lot when I found out and I still do. I can't believe my mum is gone - she was always the best mum in the world and I love her very much. I will miss her as long as I live. In a way, it feels like a really bad dream that you're trying to wake up from, but you can't. I spoke to my dad and my brother as I heard the news and they told me to keep playing, that my mum will always be home when I finish, that I can visit her when I come home, and that I still have my life and my tennis to take care of. So I was trying to win this week for my mum, but as you can imagine it was hard to concentrate, and the more I tried, the worse it got. I was very sad when I lost. It broke my heart - I really wanted to win for my mum to be proud, but I couldn't."

http://sportadore.com/Away?u=http%3A....co%2FJYsAzwSC
Achernar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 02:25 AM   #7
country flag HOS

HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of HOS has much to be proud of

He rmum died, broken marriage but I think a massive factor is the coach.
Gavin Hopper- pre jail- and now- has a history of burning players out. He gets them super super fit- great results happen but the players bodies can't keep up with it. Coetzer and Philipoussis prime examples. Seles did the right thing y getting fitter iwth Hopper and then ending the relationship
HOS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 02:26 AM   #8
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

It should be clear by now what emotional turmoil can do to a player. Whether it is a relationship collapse, a death of a loved, or an abusive family member, everyone has their breaking point. Tennis is a very mental game and if you are not happy off the court, it's going to be hard to be happy and successful on the court.

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 02:28 AM   #9
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reephoria. View Post
She's had a very hard year off court as well and that unfortunately but expectedly translated into a tough year on court. Please come back refreshed for 2012 Jarks
Agreed. Last year she got divorced, this year her mother died after a long disease, not to mention that she's a streaky headcase anyway...
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 02:43 AM   #10
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I think after she got double bagelled by Bartoli in front of her crowd which she'd said so many times she was beyond excited and happy to be, she simply lost a lot of confidence. She left the court in tears and actually went straight to her hotel room. It's sad she saw it as such a disappointment because it is an exhibition but it does mean a lot for her particularly because of the twitter abuse she's faced about not "really" being Australian. Add that to the rest of her drama's this year and a poor coach, she simply didn't get the results she wanted

I'm sure she'll be back in 2013 playing well again.
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 02:48 AM   #11
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
It's sad she saw it as such a disappointment because it is an exhibition but it does mean a lot for her particularly because of the twitter abuse she's faced about not "really" being Australian. .
I remember this too. Although I think it's a great thing that we can communicate with players on Twitter, some people are just vile and nasty. Sure, she should've never gotten so upset about that but... boy, it must be tough to deal with such horrible insults.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 02:48 AM   #12
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute

She wasn't the strongest mentally to begin with, so the marriage ending took a huge toll.

But to be honest, Mid-30s was probably her limit anyway. Fine game when she finds the court, but there are other girls who struggle with the same consistency and hit a better ball when they're on

instargram
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 07:56 AM   #13
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

she became even more brainless. only thing "working" was service, and not that much as the day before. from the baseline, awful stuff
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 02:36 PM   #14
country flag bjurra

bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
He rmum died, broken marriage but I think a massive factor is the coach.
Gavin Hopper- pre jail- and now- has a history of burning players out. He gets them super super fit- great results happen but the players bodies can't keep up with it. Coetzer and Philipoussis prime examples. Seles did the right thing y getting fitter iwth Hopper and then ending the relationship
Yes I am sure the coach's fitness regime was a major factor in a year where she got divorced and lost her mother. You must be empathically challenged.
bjurra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #15
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute

Jarka had a terrible year off court. She always seemed to me like someone who needed reassurance from others. To face a marriage break-up, the death of a loved one and a load of unpleasant twitter abuse directed at her really destroyed her confidence. And we know what that does to a tennis player.

Judging by her twitter comments now she seems to be in a much better place mentally. Hopefully that means she is rebuilding her game and will re-enter Top 100.
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote