Australian summer-start of 2013! - Page 32 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:05 AM   #466
country flag jimmy_the_greek
*TENNIS NSW PLAYER*

jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future
Re: Australian summer-start of 2013!

2-6
jimmy_the_greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:08 AM   #467
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

Well at least bagel avoided... Just nothing to do against this behemoth
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:15 AM   #468
country flag bck.adi

bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all

Maria got scared by Serena's looks
bck.adi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:27 AM   #469
country flag bck.adi

bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all

I think only Sharapova in the final can stop Serena
bck.adi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:37 AM   #470
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

Serena was focused and in a good day, so nothing to do. Maria could have done a bit better on her serve though, she committed some UE.

Good AO for her with 3 good wins, I hope it's a good sign for the rest of the year.

Oh and I don't think Sharapova has a fragment of a chance against Williams (however I'd like to be wrong on this point)
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:44 AM   #471
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute

We knew that this match was impossible to win, still a very good AO, now let's what happens next in the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bck.adi View Post
She doesn't stand a chanche.
Iblis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:59 AM   #472
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

I hoped she'd be able to make it a bit more competitive at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bck.adi View Post
Nina. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 12:17 PM   #473
country flag JimM

JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold

I think Maria can be pleased with her AO. 3 good wins. King can be a handful on her day and Peng and Wickmayer are rising stars. Her match against Yanina was one of the best I have seen Maria play.

Hopefully she can maintain the determination and aggression she showed here for the rest of the season. The Top 10 is not far off

The doubles is the only blip. I think she and Raymond should find other partners before the season gets into full swing.

JimM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:12 PM   #474
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all
Well, actually I also hoped for more than just two games.
I didn't see the match, but considering the reports and stats, there was simply no chance for Kiri. That's probably the best Serena ever, she is destroying everyone.
Maria will be happy with her AO, three good wins in straight sets against competitive and tricky players!
If she continues like that, I can see her making the top ten this season

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VerticalSports.Com App

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 03:03 PM   #475
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

That was too bad. When Kiri started by winning the first three points on Serena's serve - two mistakes by Serena followed by a beautiful lob by Kiri - I thought this could be a good day. But that start really woke up G.O.A.T. Serena. Serena already recognized she needed to shape up after her subpar second set against Morita in R3, and to face triple break point out the gate did not sit well with her. From then on, Kiri simply had no chance on Serena's serve. (Maybe instead Kiri should have played really badly at first to lull Serena to sleep and then step up her game ) Kiri did okay on her first few service games but could never find the right rhythm. This was the same quality Serena that obliterated everyone on grass in the summer, and I don't think anyone on tour would've done a whole lot better against the Serena that showed up after the first 3 points tonight.
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 04:33 PM   #476
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

I have not watched the match yet. Very dissapointing scoreline even though Serena is on the most awesome run in WTA history in terms of physically dominating her opponents. Did Maria use variety against Serena with her slices and angles? Did Maria try to hit with Serena from the baseline? Hitting with Serena is the wrong strategy for Kiri. I wish she had am elite coach. Kiri should probably mix in some moon balls when she's being hit off the court by Serena and other elite power players. I will watch the match this afternoon on ESPN2 and have a further opinion then.

A decent Australian open for Maria. Except fot the doubles. I would like to see Makiri make the top 10 for the first time this season. But she will have to have a very good season to do so. I only wish she had a real top flight strategic coach to help her.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:06 PM   #477
country flag watchdogfish
Vide cor meum

watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute

Not a bad tournament considering her lack of matchplay. I do want to see her back with Nadia in the doubles though
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:58 PM   #478
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

It was a good Australian Open for Maria in singles.

Doubles was pretty dissappointing though. I expect more from her there.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : Jan 21st, 2013 at 08:24 PM.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 08:25 PM   #479
country flag wagner1912

wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light wagner1912 is a glorious beacon of light

I think there is a simple analysis, Serena was in his day and played perfect. There is nothing to criticize Maria, she did what was within reach. Even the mistakes are understandable because the pressure I had was important because his opponent was very inspired, even so deserved to win a game more.
In doubles I think she needs a companion more aggressive and powerful as it was petrova or Azarenka at the time, Maria was always thinking that defined or points in the network, while their other companions marked difference with their serves and strokes background.
wagner1912 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:25 PM   #480
country flag malthof200

malthof200 is a glorious beacon of light malthof200 is a glorious beacon of light malthof200 is a glorious beacon of light malthof200 is a glorious beacon of light malthof200 is a glorious beacon of light malthof200 is a glorious beacon of light malthof200 is a glorious beacon of light malthof200 is a glorious beacon of light malthof200 is a glorious beacon of light malthof200 is a glorious beacon of light malthof200 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagner1912 View Post
I think there is a simple analysis, Serena was in [color="Red"]his day and played perfect. There is nothing to criticize Maria, she did what was within reach. Even the mistakes are understandable because the pressure I had was important because his opponent was very inspired, even so deserved to win a game more.
In doubles I think she needs a companion more aggressive and powerful as it was petrova or Azarenka at the time, Maria was always thinking that defined or points in the network, while their other companions marked difference with their serves and strokes background.
don't know if this was on purpose, but exactly true. "His" , tennis is not going to be the same until, "He" retires.....
malthof200 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote