Australian summer-start of 2013! - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #31
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian summer-start of 2013!

So Makiri starts her season off with a win, and evens her h2h against Olivia!

Errani or Karo Pliskova next.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 6th, 2013, 09:48 AM   #32
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

Kiri starts with a win! YEAHHHHHHH

I was out last night and came back home right in time to see the match. I tried to see the whole match, but I got so tired after a while that I fell asleep
Apparently at the wrong moment, it was 4-5 1st set, and Kiri won 9 of 11 games after that

good luck for the next round maria!

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 10:31 AM   #33
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri rulezzz View Post
Kiri starts with a win! YEAHHHHHHH

I was out last night and came back home right in time to see the match. I tried to see the whole match, but I got so tired after a while that I fell asleep
Apparently at the wrong moment, it was 4-5 1st set, and Kiri won 9 of 11 games after that

good luck for the next round maria!
Eh eh, you should have drunk a cup of coffee before the match.
Iblis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 10:51 AM   #34
country flag amy_0145

amy_0145 is just really nice amy_0145 is just really nice amy_0145 is just really nice amy_0145 is just really nice amy_0145 is just really nice amy_0145 is just really nice amy_0145 is just really nice amy_0145 is just really nice amy_0145 is just really nice amy_0145 is just really nice amy_0145 is just really nice

My brother in laws banner didn't get accepted in..apparently in didn't apply with the standard measurement regulations that the stadium has, to be fair it was fairly large...4-5 people need to hold it up lol. He probably should have checked with tennis Australia before making it lol.
amy_0145 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #35
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy_0145 View Post
My brother in laws banner didn't get accepted in..apparently in didn't apply with the standard measurement regulations that the stadium has, to be fair it was fairly large...4-5 people need to hold it up lol. He probably should have checked with tennis Australia before making it lol.
He can retry in R2.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #36
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Makiri faces Sara Errani next, and Sara leads their h2h, 3:1. Makiri won their last meeting however, at the 2011 USO.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #37
country flag Iblis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
Makiri faces Sara Errani next, and Sara leads their h2h, 3:1. Makiri won their last meeting however, at the 2011 USO.

I'm kinda worried about this match, she has to play better than R1 if she wants to stand a chance of winning.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #38
country flag jimmy_the_greek
*TENNIS NSW PLAYER*

jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future

I am going tomorrow Can't wait! I really hope kiri wins!! I have to wait once a year to see her play, and hopefully the wait pays off
Will take photos as well, and post them up after.
jimmy_the_greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:08 PM   #39
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
not US Open, but US Open series
Errani lost 5-7 and 5-7 to Kiri at New Haven

I don't have the best feelings about this match either, it's a difficult matchup for Maria.
She will have to play her best tennis to win this...anyway, it should be a good test before the Australien Open

Kiri plays her match on the Grandstand, at 11:00 AM (local time)
..so it should be at 01:00 AM CET?

btw: Maria also won her first doubles match of the season, with her new partner Lisa Raymond! 7-5 and 6-4 vs. Erakovic/Makarova

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #40
country flag peterlein

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_the_greek View Post
I am going tomorrow Can't wait! I really hope kiri wins!! I have to wait once a year to see her play, and hopefully the wait pays off
Will take photos as well, and post them up after.
lucky you

hopefully she will show you a great match! can't wait for your photos! HAVE FUN

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #41
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

Is there a stream ?
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #42
country flag Iblis

I'm really nervous about this match, hope Maria will do her best.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 11:30 PM   #43
country flag AK-DH Fan

AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future

Good Luck Maria!
Anna Chakvetadze
Tatiana Golovin
Maria Kirilenko
Ai Sugiyama

Other faves are-Hingis, Pierce, Myskina & Dementieva

|Ain't no party like a ...COCKTAIL PARTY!|D' Express_020|
AK-DH Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 12:04 AM   #44
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Errani is a good early season test for Makir and so far Kiri is failing the test big time as Errani leads 6 - 1 - 1 - 0. It's a shame Maria has such a bad record against great defensive players and counter punchers like Errani, Jankovic, Wozniacki and Radwanksa. They are all more consitent than Maria is Maria has a hard time getting the ball past them. Now ro be fair to Kiri she is not in form yet and she did not properly prepare for Oz and the heat there and I surmise that her lack of form is being taken advantage of by Errani. But still Maria should be punishing Errani's serve shouldn't she?
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 12:17 AM   #45
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iblis View Post
I'm really nervous about this match, hope Maria will do her best.
You and other Kiri fans have reason to be nervous about Maria playing Errani so early in the season because Errani is routing an unprepared for battle Maria 6 - 1 4 - 1. This is unacceptable. Losing to Errani is one thing but getting routed by her in inexcusable. Kiri needs to atleast make it a a closer second set. Why isn't she stepping inside the baseline and using her greater power to hurt Sara? Errani is one of the few top 50 players on the tour who Kiri can clearly outhit.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote