Australian summer-start of 2013! - Page 29 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:15 AM   #421
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian summer-start of 2013!

Wow, Kiri won in straight sets. Impressive. Now Serena most likley in the 4th round. But I look forward to that match and I hope Maria does too.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:16 AM   #422
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

Maria

She was amazing !

I'm tired, it's so late in France
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:21 AM   #423
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Maria needs to serve better against Serena than she did Yanina. 1 ace and 5 double faults will get Kiri crushed by Williams. But this is a huge match for Maria against Serena and I think Kiri will be fired up for it. I wish this4th match happened at the 2012 U.S. Open. I bet Kiri would not have been double bagelled by Williams the way Hlvackova was.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:23 AM   #424
country flag AK-DH Fan

AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future AK-DH Fan has a brilliant future

Good job today Makiri . Very happy with her run here!!! She's beating all the players she's supposed to beat
Anna Chakvetadze
Tatiana Golovin
Maria Kirilenko
Ai Sugiyama

Other faves are-Hingis, Pierce, Myskina & Dementieva

|Ain't no party like a ...COCKTAIL PARTY!|D' Express_020|
AK-DH Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:23 AM   #425
country flag Celeborn

Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all

I just watched, great play after a difficult start. She is really a very smart player .

4th round is a great result, I just hope for a good match against Serena where she has absolutely nothing to lose.
Celeborn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:24 AM   #426
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

great win Kiri!!!! I am so happy
omg the first set was a nailbiter, but Maria played amazing on bigpoints!

and the oncourt interview....she gets the ring out of her bag to show it to the crowd

nothing to lose for kiri in R4, I am already really pleased with that Australian Open from her. I hope she can win a couple of games against Serena

ok I'm off to bed now, it's also late here in italy...03:24 AM!! gn8 @all

...olympic bronze medalist...

Last edited by peterlein : Jan 19th, 2013 at 01:25 AM. Reason: ...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:34 AM   #427
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Makiri took Yanina to the cleaners Best AO match since her run to the QF in 2010!
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaPalyuchenkovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:36 AM   #428
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Nice win, happy to see her in R4 now she has nothing to lose (assuming that Serena will beat Morita which if she didn't would be THE sensation) and I hope she puts on a good performance
Nina. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:41 AM   #429
the cat

Makiri was only 8 for 20 at the net against Wickmayer and still won. But that won't cut it against Serena. At one point against Yanina I think I saw Kiri was only 1 for 7 at the net. I couldn't believe it. Maybe it will be a very hot day and Serena won't feel like playing.

I saw the end of that on court interview. It sounded like alot of fun. I hope to see the entire on court interview soon.

Last edited by the cat : Jan 19th, 2013 at 02:16 AM.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:44 AM   #430
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

I missed the interview
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 02:38 AM   #431
the cat

Kiri really needed this win over Wickmayer after her and Raymond's doubles disaster loss yesterday. Maria was clutch today.

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #432
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future

I was so delighted about the match, Maria did a wonderful tournament by now, she won every match in straight sets, and played perfectly.
She has nothing to lose against Serena, I know that hoping to win one set is probably daydreaming, but anyway, it really doesn't matter how it will finish, as I already said the final for me was R3.

At last, if Maria continues to play that well and solid, staying wealthy and injury free, I don't see how she could stay away from top 10, correct me if I'm wrong.
Iblis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #433
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

It's definitely not a pipe dream to imagine Kiri taking a set here. After all, Kiri took a set from Serena last time they played (2011 at Stanford), and how many players on the WTA tour can say that? Not to mention, she & Petrova beat the Williams sisters at the US Open, which is relevant in that she's simply not going to be as easily intimated by Williams as others on tour (in particular the #1 Russian). Williams is still obviously the favorite, but everyone is vastly underestimating Kiri in calling this a cakewalk draw, whereas this is about the toughest R4 matchup there could be. And is it Serena's head she can't beat unheralded Russians in R4 of the Aussie Open?

Like everyone here I'm happy to see Kiri playing so well. If this was Kiri of early last year, she'd have probably found a way to choke away a set or a match by now. I was most impressed with her mentally.

She's still started a bit slow so probably her best chance is to wear Serena down and take the second set. With Kiri playing as well as ever and Serena having some ankle issues, this is about as good a chance as Kiri could ever hope for against Serena, and I hope she'll take advantage. On the break point the last set Kiri won against Serena, Kiri did a great job of making Serena move, so I hope for more of the same.
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #434
country flag Nina.

you can watch Kiri's post-match interview here
http://kittysha.tumblr.com/post/4089...-shows-off-her
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #435
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYKiriFan View Post
Williams is still obviously the favorite, but everyone is vastly underestimating Kiri in calling this a cakewalk draw, whereas this is about the toughest R4 matchup there could be. And is it Serena's head she can't beat unheralded Russians in R4 of the Aussie Open?
Who said that? it doesn't make any sense, how could Peng in R2 and Wickmayer in R3 be an easy draw?
Iblis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote