BOMBSHELL: Maria Sharapova def. Serena Williams - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 7th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #166
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BOMBSHELL: Maria Sharapova def. Serena Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
But its day in day out dreck against Masha in GM, Rena fans don't have to read half the accusations about their fave.
And Jimmie didn't actually say anything wrong at all - I'm just giving the motive that we as a SS community are constantly on the back foot trying to defend Masha, at least in GM anyway

[ofc Masha fans dish out dreck too btw, we're no angels]

but we [or I] am making too much of a fuss about this. so w/e
What's wrong with questioning if she's a lesbian though? The type of reactions that the Marthatards are having about her sexuality is the reason why high profile athletes stay in the closet. Look at how many of her fans are getting their panties in a bunch at one person questioning her lesbianism. BTW, her sexuality has nothing to do with ANY of us, her fans, her haters and those who feel nothing towards her at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 7th, 2012, 12:16 AM   #167
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
What's wrong with questioning if she's a lesbian though? The type of reactions that the Marthatards are having about her sexuality is the reason why high profile athletes stay in the closet. Look at how many of her fans are getting their panties in a bunch at one person questioning her lesbianism. BTW, her sexuality has nothing to do with ANY of us, her fans, her haters and those who feel nothing towards her at all.
I have no problem with it
Its just the fact that it had to be questioned in the first place which people can find offensive
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 12:21 AM   #168
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Its just the fact that it had to be questioned in the first place which people can find offensive
Once again, what is so offensive about Maria being a lesbian?
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #169
country flag Noten

Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of

Quote:
But its day in day out dreck against Masha in GM, Rena fans don't have to read half the accusations about their fave.
And Jimmie didn't actually say anything wrong at all - I'm just giving the motive that we as a SS community are constantly on the back foot trying to defend Masha, at least in GM anyway

[ofc Masha fans dish out dreck too btw, we're no angels]

but we [or I] am making too much of a fuss about this. so w/e
Accusations? As if being gay was a crime?
Your choice of words is extremely bad, if not revealing, to say at least.

There's nothing to defend Maria from because there's nothing bad with being gay. If people were mocking her and/or calling her slurs I'd be the first to come for their wigs, but that's not the case.
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 12:26 AM   #170
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimewave View Post
Accusations? As if being gay was a crime?
Your choice of words is extremely bad, if not revealing, to say at least.

There's nothing to defend Maria from because there's nothing bad with being gay. If people were mocking her and/or calling her slurs I'd be the first to come for their wigs, but that's not the case.
I wasn't referring to the lesbian comments I meant through the general consensus of GM thankyou Crimewave

and fgs I myself am gay
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 12:28 AM   #171
Forever Sharapova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
Once again, what is so offensive about Maria being a lesbian?
It's not offensive - at least not to me
but not everyone has the same view do they?
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 12:39 AM   #172
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But what if people would have been questioning if she is straight, would that be ok for you?!
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 12:44 AM   #173
Forever Sharapova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolás89 View Post
But what if people would have been questioning if she is straight, would that be ok for you?!
IM GAY

Jeez. I'm not saying its acceptable to say being gay is wrong, wth is wrong with you guys. I was just trying to be just in my commentary by saying that SOME PEOPLE find it offensive to speculate about sexuality, whilst others have no problem with it. AND I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH IT

I'm not going to explain myself again, I was only trying to give a balanced fucking argument
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 01:15 AM   #174
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Please, don't make me dig up comments about the golfer, Redfoo or whoever...

All I did was share my impression of her and it wasn't even negative at all. The fact that this topic sets you off like this doesn't really paint you in a very favorable light...
But what you're not grasping, no-one IS mad or offended by what you said. We're just utterly bemused, because you just listed several innocuous facts about Maria and attempted to draw the conclusion from them that she was a lesbian, even though the facts you stated prove/indicate nothing of the sort

Let's go go through your ridiculous post bit by bit...

Quote:
I don't mean "not straight" as in "butch", she obviously is the exact opposite. It's something about her behavior around the other girls, her whole demeanor etc. Plus, it adds to the other weird things..her "engagement", that close friendship with that other girl that disappeared all of a sudden (no idea about her name, I don't really care about Sharapova much). Those are little things and isolated they don't mean much but it does form a certain picture.

We will of course never now because somebody as money- and endorsement-driven as her would never come out, her main customer base are horny dudes so this wouldn't be a smart move at all. But if one day after her career is done she would come out, I'd be like "NID"
Firstly, how exactly does her being engaged to a MAN serve as proof that she is a lesbian?

Secondly, you do realise that, within 2 sentences, you claimed that her not being friendly with the girls on the Tour AND her once being very friendly with Camilla Belle, are somehow BOTH signs that she's a lesbian? They are two diametrically-opposed propositions, how can being cold towards females and having a close friendship with a female BOTH be signs that she's gay?

And to top off your logically-fallacious post, you show how little you know about straight men. If anything, finding out Maria was a lesbian (or especially bi) would increase her appeal to said horny straight dudes

Please ask someone to get you some commonsense for Christmas.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #175
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitten View Post
This still going. Where is my Legend GIF?
on your home page, instead of Google.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 01:26 AM   #176
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post

Firstly, how exactly does her being engaged to a MAN serve as proof that she is a lesbian?

Secondly, you do realise that, within 2 sentences, you claimed that her not being friendly with the girls on the Tour AND her once being very friendly with Camilla Belle, are somehow BOTH signs that she's a lesbian? They are two diametrically-opposed propositions, how can being cold towards females and having a close friendship with a female BOTH be signs that she's gay?

And to top off your logically-fallacious post, you show how little you know about straight men. If anything, finding out Maria was a lesbian (or especially bi) would increase her appeal to said horny straight dudes

Please ask someone to get you some commonsense for Christmas.
Dear god...I forgot you are in here too..so I guess I have to get out the sock puppets to get my point across.

The fact that she was engaged to a man supports my theory due to the whole "nature" of their engagement. The dude was obviously just a prop and the way it ended was even more questionable. But if all of her stans ar as gullible as you then it worked out I guess

Yes, a large part of straight men might find the idea of her being a lesbian appealing but not all of them...especially in America. Plus, she'll also lose out with some conservative women who are now buying her crap etc. and might stop if she would come out. The bottom line is, she would risk losing a part of her customer base without the chance of gaining in other areas. The gay demographic is rather small and a large part of it is on her bandwagon already... so again, it's a bad business decision, lots of risk with little to no possible gains.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 01:34 AM   #177
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The fact that she was engaged to a man supports my theory due to the whole "nature" of their engagement. The dude was obviously just a prop and the way it ended was even more questionable. But if all of her stans ar as gullible as you then it worked out I guess
Again, throwing out bland assertions without backing it up with any substance. How was Sasha obviously a "prop"? How was the way it ended in any way "questionable" or unusual/suspicious. If an ordinary person was given the facts of the Maria/Sasha relationship against the Wozniacki/McIlroy relationship and asked which was more likely to be a hoax, we both know what their answer would be -- but, one bandwagon ago, you were hysterically shouting anyone down who claimed Wozilroy might possibly be a PR stunt

Quote:
Yes, a large part of straight men might find the idea of her being a lesbian appealing but not all of them...especially in America. Plus, she'll also lose out with some conservative women who are now buying her crap etc. and might stop if she would come out. The bottom line is, she would risk losing a part of her customer base without the chance of gaining in other areas. The gay demographic is rather small and a large part of it is on her bandwagon already... so again, it's a bad business decision, lots of risk with little to no possible gains.
Oh, so you're changing your tune now I've shown your "straight men will boycott her" theory is nonsensical Do you seriously think "American conservative women" constitute a major part of her fanbase? The types of American conservatives who'd want to burn lesbians at the stake probably hate Russians in equal measure anyway, so they wouldn't be "on her bandwagon" in the first place.

Again, the horrible truth is that, while unattractive lesbians would probably lose market value, hot lesbians are gold dust (which, again, is a horrible thing about the world we live in imo, but it's still the facts). Her management would probably jump up and down with joy if they found she was gay.

Last edited by dsanders06 : Dec 7th, 2012 at 01:39 AM.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 01:35 AM   #178
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wait... But why would she need a cover, there were no rumors, to begin with. Unless you're talking about the friendship with that girl, but that's silly. There were rumors about her and Novak or Roddick, after all. And why would she do something extreme like getting engaged at 23 if it would only raise suspicions? That would be stupid.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 01:40 AM   #179
country flag PROTENNIS

PROTENNIS is just really nice PROTENNIS is just really nice PROTENNIS is just really nice PROTENNIS is just really nice PROTENNIS is just really nice PROTENNIS is just really nice PROTENNIS is just really nice PROTENNIS is just really nice PROTENNIS is just really nice PROTENNIS is just really nice PROTENNIS is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
NID

****and butch women are obviously the only types of lesbians, right? Hell, simply being butch doesn't even make you a lesbian.
What about a high and tight hair cut?
PROTENNIS is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 01:41 AM   #180
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post

Oh, so you're changing your tune now I've shown your "straight men will boycott her" theory is nonsensical
It's not nonsensical in the least. Your idea that all straight guys just love lesbians is just stupid, life isn't a porn movie. There are plenty of men out there who hate lesbians, go look what happens if lesbians protest for their rights in countries like Russia etc. In South Africa, lesbians are regularly raped by man to "fix them" etc. So again, the idea that she wouldn't lose fans over this is idiotic.

And yes, conservative women are certainly a considerable part of her customer base. She sells tennis apparel for women and tennis is traditionally a wealthy people sport... the more wealthy people are the more likely is that they`re conservative, especially in the US.

I'm done here as I feel like i'm talking to a five-year old. You're either playing dumb to troll me or you seriously have such an incredibly limited and stereotypical view of the world. Either way, it's a waste of time, especially since I don't even give a shit about her and don't really know how I even got into this.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter

Last edited by Jimmie48 : Dec 7th, 2012 at 01:50 AM.
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread