Unranked: Vera Zvonareva - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 5th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #31
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WTA #96: Vera Zvonareva

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepaMaria View Post
I really don't understand why people are gloating about this and criticizing her for having reaches world #2. If anything, Zvonareva's absence on the tour is a loss for tennis. As all of you have seen, 2012 was a boring year with Williams and Azarenka dominating all the tournaments. The tour needs Zvonareva as she adds a whole new dimension to tennis and along with Maria, can certainly challenge these two players and produce more competitive tennis. It is unfortunate that Zvonareva has been sidelined with injury, otherwise she would never drop this low. Order will be restored when she returns and wins the calendar slam in doubles next year.
Fixed

Historic #1: FITD S / Tipping S&D / Tennis Tipping D
coolfish1103 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 5th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #32
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Zvonareva's come back from injury and gotten back to the top 10 like three times now. I don't see why she couldn't do it again.
cause she's a washed up dinosaur

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #33
country flag SilverSlam

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I really don't understand why people are gloating about this and criticizing her for having reaches world #2. If anything, Zvonareva's absence on the tour is a loss for tennis. As all of you have seen, 2012 was a boring year with Williams and Azarenka dominating all the tournaments. The tour needs Zvonareva as she adds a whole new dimension to tennis and along with Maria, can certainly challenge these two players and produce more competitive tennis. It is unfortunate that Zvonareva has been sidelined with injury, otherwise she would never drop this low. Order will be restored when she returns and wins the calendar slam next year.
I thought this post was perfect until the calendar slam bit

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Is it really her? because one time i had a two week conversation with Kirsten Dunst, before i realised she was a fake one
SilverSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #34
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Order will be restored when she returns and wins the calendar slam next year.

I would not have expected anything less from you.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #35
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Because she's older and more burnt out

Plus, this might just be my Sharapova-stan experience talking, but I'm not convinced that it's possible that a shoulder injury that was causing Vera so much grief for over a year could (or will ever) heal completely without surgery.
Unfortunately this. She has given that shoulder plenty of rest last year (only 20 matches) and still looked like shit whenever she stepped onto the court. Safina was also fine, when she rested and practiced, but then it took her all of six matches until she had to retire against Kirilenko at teh Australian Open again, took another three months off, and still nothing had changed. The question is, whether Zvonareva would consider surgery at her age or just walk away. Rafter walked away at a similar age, Haas came back.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #36
tejmeglekvár
CFO

tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute tejmeglekvár has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Zvonareva's come back from injury and gotten back to the top 10 like three times now. I don't see why she couldn't do it again.
Thats the story of her whole career. How many lives does she have left?
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 07:22 PM   #37
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post

I would not have expected anything less from you.
Best post of the thread by him

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #38
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Bepa will bounce back and finally win a Slam !!!

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki, Bencic(3ROD), Ivanovic, Svitolina, Kuznetsova
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 12:02 AM   #39
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

And people said Clijsters didn't vulture Slams when beating this mug in the finals Zvonareva has overachieved with her peak ranking even more than Wozniacki and that's quite something.
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 12:08 AM   #40
pav

pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzanator View Post
And people said Clijsters didn't vulture Slams when beating this mug in the finals Zvonareva has overachieved with her peak ranking even more than Wozniacki and that's quite something.
Do you really believe the pathetic shit you write?
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #41
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

The funny thing is, I actually like Zvonareva more than most of other Russian players. And the pathetic shit would only apply when I'd have said that Zvonareva is better than Mandlikova because she was ranked higher at her peak Chill out, will you?
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #42
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

Zvonareva will be back. She has the motivation and is still working hard. Her game isn't like Sharapova or Safina where she is putting a lot of stress on her shoulder by hitting with heaps of pace. I'm expecting her to be top 30 again next year but as other people said it takes her a lot of time to come back. in 05/6/7 there were a lot of ups and downs before she started playing really well.
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 02:21 AM   #43
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Next match exhibition against Ivanovic, let's see how it goes

But on the event banner she's listed WTA #9...

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #44
country flag traralgon

traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light

I miss her a lot, she is so talented.
traralgon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #45
country flag Gaby Gasparyan

Gaby Gasparyan is a glorious beacon of light Gaby Gasparyan is a glorious beacon of light Gaby Gasparyan is a glorious beacon of light Gaby Gasparyan is a glorious beacon of light Gaby Gasparyan is a glorious beacon of light Gaby Gasparyan is a glorious beacon of light Gaby Gasparyan is a glorious beacon of light Gaby Gasparyan is a glorious beacon of light Gaby Gasparyan is a glorious beacon of light Gaby Gasparyan is a glorious beacon of light Gaby Gasparyan is a glorious beacon of light

One time I really enjoyed watching her play but, now these past few years I get uncomfortable when she goes into meltdown

I always feel like I never got to see the REAL Vera, sadly
Gaby Gasparyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote