Ask Nazzac - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 09:08 PM   #76
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ask Nazzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzac View Post
I haven't fully decided what to do with the final yet. But it's definately going to be single or multiple choice.
It's OK, you still have plenty of time to decide. Just one last thought for now: with multiple choice it would still be possible for everyone to vote for one fave only like in single choice, but at the same time people with two or more faves have to possibility to vote for all of them. I think that would be an advantage (MTF also had multiple choice in the final, btw ). Alternatively, if you have difficulties to decide, you could ask the forum to chose the format before the final starts.

Quote:
What do you think of my contest? (i admit i copied it off MTF )
I really like it! We've had a somewhat similar contest in October (without polls though) and as you've mentioned there's the one by Sexysova but they all have a different format so it will be very interesting to compare the results. Others seem to like it as well, judging from the number of votes.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #77
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
It's OK, you still have plenty of time to decide. Just one last thought for now: with multiple choice it would still be possible for everyone to vote for one fave only like in single choice, but at the same time people with two or more faves have to possibility to vote for all of them. I think that would be an advantage (MTF also had multiple choice in the final, btw ). Alternatively, if you have difficulties to decide, you could ask the forum to chose the format before the final starts.

I really like it! We've had a somewhat similar contest in October (without polls though) and as you've mentioned there's the one by Sexysova but they all have a different format so it will be very interesting to compare the results. Others seem to like it as well, judging from the number of votes.
I plan to get the contest done by the end of next week. Quarter Finals until this weekend. Semis until midweek, and final until next Sunday.

And good . I thought it wouldn't take off like it has. There has been no objections like there was on MTF, so it's gone quite well. Kinda hoping there are no more votes in QF 1, so Slava goes through . Thought she'd be heading out this round tbh, but she's doing well.
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #78
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I plan to get the contest done by the end of next week. Quarter Finals until this weekend. Semis until midweek, and final until next Sunday.

And good . I thought it wouldn't take off like it has. There has been no objections like there was on MTF, so it's gone quite well. Kinda hoping there are no more votes in QF 1, so Slava goes through . Thought she'd be heading out this round tbh, but she's doing well.
Already looking forward to semis and final! By the way, what would you do if players five and six of a group were tied?

Slava is 8 votes ahead of Sabine, that should be enough. Quite surprised actually because IIRC Sabine won her first group and now she's only fifth.
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #79
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
Already looking forward to semis and final! By the way, what would you do if players five and six of a group were tied?

Slava is 8 votes ahead of Sabine, that should be enough. Quite surprised actually because IIRC Sabine won her first group and now she's only fifth.
I would either make a voting playoff, or i'll tally their votes from the previous rounds and the current one and add them up. Whoever has the most votes goes through.

Slava is going to win it. She's getting through, but hasn't won a group yet. She's going to keep on quietly getting through and then be a suprise winner.

The Sabine thing is what makes this contest so interesting. A player can be getting a lot of votes one round, and then be heading out or just staying in the next. Makes it compelling, and hard to predict. Sabine is still in the Qualifying positions, so she looks pretty safe atm.

Semis are going to be interesting. I'll try make the groups as balanced as i can.

Speaking of which, what do you think of the groupings so far? Are they balanced/good? or unbalanced/bad?

Because often in these contests, groups end up being unbalanced. I made the groups, but i had a system, so it's not like i completely handpicked them.
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 10:05 PM   #80
country flag Natural Joe

Quote:
I would either make a voting playoff, or i'll tally their votes from the previous rounds and the current one and add them up. Whoever has the most votes goes through.

Slava is going to win it. She's getting through, but hasn't won a group yet. She's going to keep on quietly getting through and then be a suprise winner.

The Sabine thing is what makes this contest so interesting. A player can be getting a lot of votes one round, and then be heading out or just staying in the next. Makes it compelling, and hard to predict. Sabine is still in the Qualifying positions, so she looks pretty safe atm.

Semis are going to be interesting. I'll try make the groups as balanced as i can.

Speaking of which, what do you think of the groupings so far? Are they balanced/good? or unbalanced/bad?

Because often in these contests, groups end up being unbalanced. I made the groups, but i had a system, so it's not like i completely handpicked them.
My dream result would be Slava and Vika being first in the final with the same number of votes. Not going to happen though. But yeah, this unique format makes for very interesting results.

I think the groups have been fair and balanced thus far. I see no reason to change your system. Apparently people are of the same opinion, otherwise they surely would've complained by now.
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 07:10 AM   #81
country flag nazzac

Good, good. Nice to see it going well
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #82
country flag bulava

bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of bulava has much to be proud of

Did you watch Doctor Who this year? If yes, then how do you rate the roles of Matt Smith, Karen Gillen and Arthur Darwill and their on-screen chemistry?
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #83
country flag nazzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulava View Post
Did you watch Doctor Who this year? If yes, then how do you rate the roles of Matt Smith, Karen Gillen and Arthur Darwill and their on-screen chemistry?
No i don't watch Doctor Who anymore. I used to when i was younger