Errani & Vinci are WTA's Doubles Team Of The Year - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 28th, 2012, 06:07 AM   #1
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Errani & Vinci are WTA's Doubles Team Of The Year

Quote:
Italy had a lot to cheer for on the WTA this year, not only in singles, but in doubles too - and now they have two WTA Player Awards to celebrate as well, with Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci taking Doubles Team Of The Year and Errani receiving Most Improved Player.

Errani's rocket-like rise up the singles ranks could have been one of the most impressive feats in recent memory. Having finished the last four years in the 40s, she finished 2012 all the way up at No.6 after winning four WTA titles - all on clay - and reaching her first Grand Slam final on clay as well, at the French Open. After that tournament the Italian became the first player ever to make her Top 10 debut from outside the Top 20, going from No.24 to No.10, and after more impressive results on hardcourts she would creep up to year-end No.6.

Then there was the historic doubles season - having already won a slew of International-level titles together in recent years, Errani and Vinci took it to a whole new level in 2012, capturing eight WTA doubles titles - including two Grand Slams at the French Open and US Open and Premier-level titles at Madrid and Rome - and both spent time as the No.1 doubles player in the world. Their win at Roland Garros made them the first all-Italian duo in the Open Era to win a Grand Slam doubles title, and they repeated the feat at the US Open.

Errani was thrilled about her WTA Player Awards double whammy.

"I'm very happy to have been voted Most Improved Player, and Doubles Team Of The Year too. It has been an incredible year for me - so many matches in singles and doubles. It may be an unrepeatable year, but I'll try to continue like this and give everything I have on the court in every match. And as for the doubles, I'm very happy to share all these results with my best friend, Roberta."

Errani is the third Italian ever to crack the Top 10 in singles, currently spending her 25th week inside the elite (Flavia Pennetta was the first and spent 11 weeks inside, while Francesca Schiavone was the second and spent 70 weeks inside). Errani and Vinci are also the second and third players ever to reach No.1 in doubles (Pennetta was the first to do so, doing so in 2011).
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201211...256076_2993864
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 28th, 2012, 08:34 AM   #2
country flag Emcb29

Emcb29 is a glorious beacon of light Emcb29 is a glorious beacon of light Emcb29 is a glorious beacon of light Emcb29 is a glorious beacon of light Emcb29 is a glorious beacon of light Emcb29 is a glorious beacon of light Emcb29 is a glorious beacon of light Emcb29 is a glorious beacon of light Emcb29 is a glorious beacon of light Emcb29 is a glorious beacon of light Emcb29 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Errani & Vinci are WTA's Doubles Team Of The Year

Congrats, well deserved
Emcb29 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 09:59 AM   #3
country flag Petkovic

Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold

Totally deserved, ofcourse
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 10:02 AM   #4
Valanga
Tick Tock

Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute

Totally deserved.

P.A.K.K
Suicide: 08 Montreal 08 Stuttgart 09 USO 11 Eastbourne Stanford 13 Sydney Highest ranked #03
Tennis Tipping: 09 Cincy D 10 Brisbane D Copenhagen SD 11 Palermo D Beijing S 12 Pattaya S Stuttgart Baku D 13 Palermo D 14 Monterrey D(SCHR: 17 DCHR: 10)
Valanga is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 10:43 AM   #5
country flag Arthur.

Arthur. is a glorious beacon of light Arthur. is a glorious beacon of light Arthur. is a glorious beacon of light Arthur. is a glorious beacon of light Arthur. is a glorious beacon of light Arthur. is a glorious beacon of light Arthur. is a glorious beacon of light Arthur. is a glorious beacon of light Arthur. is a glorious beacon of light Arthur. is a glorious beacon of light Arthur. is a glorious beacon of light

US Open, Roland Garros and many other great tournaments
Arthur. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #6
country flag silvamarius

silvamarius is a name known to all silvamarius is a name known to all silvamarius is a name known to all silvamarius is a name known to all silvamarius is a name known to all silvamarius is a name known to all silvamarius is a name known to all silvamarius is a name known to all silvamarius is a name known to all silvamarius is a name known to all silvamarius is a name known to all

good decision, very well deserved!

1st place at Q-Ball BNP Baribas Katowice Open 2014
silvamarius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #7
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute

NID. I heard they had 62% of the votes.

"After so many years so much work and everything, this is the moment I always waiting for, no? And it's coming when you doesn't expect and everything ...
For me it was something I was waiting since long time, and finally I have a good trophy in my hands."
Zamboni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #8
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

What a lovely year for both of them. It is always nice when the doubles winners are also best friends as sharing such an award becomes an even greater pleasure and honor in such circumstances. This is something that both Sara and Roberta can always feel shared pride about.
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #9
country flag pwayne

pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of pwayne has much to be proud of

Good decision as they had the longest winning streak in WTA in a long time to go along with their Slams
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #10
country flag TennisFan75

TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold

Congrats to them!
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 01:19 AM   #11
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Well earned, Congrats
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote