Is it fact or Jealousy? Martina hingis on Serena Williams - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 01:33 PM   #16
country flag iHeartTroyBolton

iHeartTroyBolton is just really nice iHeartTroyBolton is just really nice iHeartTroyBolton is just really nice iHeartTroyBolton is just really nice iHeartTroyBolton is just really nice iHeartTroyBolton is just really nice iHeartTroyBolton is just really nice iHeartTroyBolton is just really nice iHeartTroyBolton is just really nice iHeartTroyBolton is just really nice iHeartTroyBolton is just really nice
Did she really say this? What was the catalyst for it?

To discount physicality would be like saying Yao Ming wasn't helped by being tall. Although to say brute force and no power seems silly when any tennis player knows good timing is a key ingredient to creating pace.

Not to mention Serena's foot speed has always been one of the many major upsides in her game.
iHeartTroyBolton is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 01:34 PM   #17
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is it fact or Jealousy? Martina hingis on Serena Williams

Serena is jealous of Hingis and of Sharapova and of every other woman who dresses well and is liked by men

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 02:11 PM   #18
country flag Lilowannabe

Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold

This isn't the full quote, if I remember it rightly. She see the force and power, no finess was a gamestyle she couldn't respect but she was forced too!

I kinda think Hingis was biased, and gave greater merit to a certain skill set ie finess, court craft, anticipation. Though I think Hingis now has great respect for serenas game

big support for... Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova, Petra Kvitova, Ana Ivanovic, Vika Azarenka
Lilowannabe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 02:15 PM   #19
country flag Lilowannabe

Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Serena is jealous of Hingis and of Sharapova and of every other woman who dresses well and is liked by men
Hingis, Sharapova and Serena all very different, gorgeous women.

big support for... Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova, Petra Kvitova, Ana Ivanovic, Vika Azarenka
Lilowannabe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 02:53 PM   #20
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

Was unable to find a direct link to the article. However, the referenced quote was probably
"Playing (Serena) it always felt like playing a steamroller. No subtlety, no finesse, just raw, loud power. To respect this style of play was always a bit tough for me, but of course I had to, because the rules of tennis don't state that having a beautiful game is required to become No. 1."
Honestly, before 2002, that was a fairly accurate assessment, and that would have been the timeframe Hingis was referencing, since she retired in 2002.
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 03:00 PM   #21
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
'Serena is jealous .... oh God I think I'm dying. That's like Jon Isner is jealous because he isn't as tall as Henin.
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 03:08 PM   #22
country flag blongislong

blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Sorry I much prefer Serena. Maybe because I am black so it may be a cultural thing. Give me a hip hop music video girl over a Victoria's Secret model all day everyday
blongislong is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 03:19 PM   #23
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Dredging up a quote from at least six years ago?

"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread