Players playing at their peak and still losing the match - Page 19 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:46 AM   #271
country flag swim4life227

swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute swim4life227 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Players playing at their peak and still losing the match

Caroline losing to Na Li at the A0 2011. Subsequently, Li losing that final to Kim.
swim4life227 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:49 AM   #272
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Wozniacki vs Kuznetsova, Australian Open 2013.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:18 AM   #273
country flag tennisrules

tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all tennisrules is a name known to all

-Steffi losing to Monica in the 1992 French final
-ASV losing to Steffi in the 1995 Wimbledon final
-Hingis losing to Capriati in the 2002 Australian finals
-Serena losing to Chanda Rubin in the 2002 Los Angeles quarterfinals
-Venus losing to Serena in the 2003 Australian finals
-Capriati losing to Henin in the 2003 USO semis
-Davenport losing to Venus in the 2005 Wimbledon finals
-Venus losing to Henin in the 2007 USO semis
-Jankovic losing to Ivanovic in the 2008 French Open semis
-Jankovic losing to Serena in the 2008 USO finals
-Dementieva losing to Serena in the 2009 Wimbledon semis
tennisrules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 04:49 AM   #274
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
*tap tap tap* Kirilenko Sharapova 2012 Indian Wells
Please.

The best match Kirilenko lost was probably against Stosur at the US Open 2012 or Zvonareva in Beijing 2010.
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:40 AM   #275
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutiana View Post
Please.

The best match Kirilenko lost was probably against Stosur at the US Open 2012 or Zvonareva in Beijing 2010.
This. Best I've ever seen Kirilenko play period. That match was extremely high quality.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #276
country flag fede33

fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of fede33 has much to be proud of

Errani Peak max vs Aga in YEC bye bitch !
Petkovic vs Aga in Beijing, Bobusic and Mattek-Sands vs Aga in AO

Forever: Hingis|Davenport|Henin|Dementieva|Safina
fede33 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 08:21 PM   #277
country flag Passierschlag

Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light

I wish Petkovic was back.
Passierschlag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #278
country flag machinist

machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all

Vaidisova-Williams 2007 AO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiYbu4icXic
machinist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 02:38 PM   #279
country flag hingis-seles

hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute

Hingis d. Seles 2002 AO

Seles d. Graf 1993 AO
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #280
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo St View Post
im sure it happens from time to time..
Um . . yeah . . .that's part and parcel of tennis and many sports.
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 02:49 PM   #281
country flag Danars

Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold Danars is a splendid one to behold

Venus Williams vs Kimiko Date-Krumm 2011 Wimbledon, maybe the best match since the comeback from Date-Krumm.
Danars is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #282
country flag machinist

machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all machinist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hingis-seles View Post
Hingis d. Seles 2002 AO

Seles d. Graf 1993 AO
I have just watched the highlights of Hingis-Seles 2002 AO and I agree Seles plyed very well there. Those returns of serve and all the other winners... amazing
machinist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #283
country flag fedhingis67

fedhingis67 is a name known to all fedhingis67 is a name known to all fedhingis67 is a name known to all fedhingis67 is a name known to all fedhingis67 is a name known to all fedhingis67 is a name known to all fedhingis67 is a name known to all fedhingis67 is a name known to all fedhingis67 is a name known to all fedhingis67 is a name known to all fedhingis67 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisrules View Post
-Steffi losing to Monica in the 1992 French final
-ASV losing to Steffi in the 1995 Wimbledon final
-Hingis losing to Capriati in the 2002 Australian finals
-Serena losing to Chanda Rubin in the 2002 Los Angeles quarterfinals
-Venus losing to Serena in the 2003 Australian finals
-Capriati losing to Henin in the 2003 USO semis
-Davenport losing to Venus in the 2005 Wimbledon finals
-Venus losing to Henin in the 2007 USO semis
-Jankovic losing to Ivanovic in the 2008 French Open semis
-Jankovic losing to Serena in the 2008 USO finals
-Dementieva losing to Serena in the 2009 Wimbledon semis

Hingis making more unforced errors than her opponent is not Peak Hingis
fedhingis67 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #284
country flag MarkNL

MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute

First match that comes to mind is Cornet vs. Safina at AO 2009, Cornet was at her peak ranking at that time if I recall correctly and she had matchpoints but ended up losing.
#1 Mayo Hibi - Current Player: Stéphanie Dubois (CAN) - #2 Daria Gavrilova (RUS)
Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - Eguchi - Nara - Krajicek - Bertens - Rus - Hogenkamp - Schoofs - Kerkhove - Burger - Giorgi - Gajdosova - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko
MarkNL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #285
country flag spencercarlos
Sabatini lover Forever

spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute spencercarlos has a reputation beyond repute

Venus losing to Henin at the Usopen 2007, omg such a high quality match from Venus and from both, honestly she would have beaten Svetlana in the final with that level.
Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 9
Straight Seasons in the top ten: Sabatini 10 Conchita 6
Seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 5
Straight seasons in the top 5: Sabatini 6 Conchita 4
Tier II and above titles
Sabatini 24 Martinez 17
Record at the Masters
Sabatini has 2 titles 2 Runner up and 3 SF
Martinez has 0 titles, 0 RU, and 0 Sf
Record against the best players
Sabatini 40% Martinez 21%
Head to Head
Sabatini leads 9-6 over Martinez
FWTT Hard 111(111 + ny)Carpet 104(104 + ny)Clay 107(107 + 4) Grass 100(100 ny)
spencercarlos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote