Players playing at their peak and still losing the match - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #256
Miss Atomic Bomb
Legendary

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Players playing at their peak and still losing the match

Not a total peak one, but Sharapova vs Wozniacki at USO. That was a high quality match.

Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #257
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Atomic Bomb View Post
Not a total peak one, but Sharapova vs Wozniacki at USO. That was a high quality match.
LOL..to even suggest that Pova was anywhere near her decent level, let alone peak in that atrocious match...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #258
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

peak Sharapova in 2010

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #259
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova-Pierce US Open 2004

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #260
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
LOL..to even suggest that Pova was anywhere near her decent level, let alone peak in that atrocious match...
It was one of her better hardcourt matches of 2010 IIRC. Sure she was still a mess (she was serving at 3-4, 40-30 and double-faulted 3 times to get broken and lose the set, she was also abysmal on break points throughout) but Woz probably played the match of her career.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #261
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
It was one of her better hardcourt matches of 2010 IIRC. Sure she was still a mess (she was serving at 3-4, 40-30 and double-faulted 3 times to get broken and lose the set, she was also abysmal on break points throughout) but Woz probably played the match of her career.
thread title says "players playing at their peak" - in other words playing their absolute best and still losing... Nobody sane would even suggest that Sharapova was playing good tennis in 2010, no matter how much they hate her
Quote:
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #262
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
thread title says "players playing at their peak" - in other words playing their absolute best and still losing... Nobody sane would even suggest that Sharapova was playing good tennis in 2010, no matter how much they hate her
I know Which is why I said it was one of her better 2010 HC matches, aka the worst season of her career.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #263
country flag madmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
I know Which is why I said it was one of her better 2010 HC matches, aka the worst season of her career.
even in that depressing year she played much better against Clijsters in Cincy before she started that monumental choke (and injured herself in the process). Moonballniacki did nothing out of ordinary in that US Open encounter - just waited for Maria to self-destruct like in every single match of hers in those Dark Ages of female tennis
Quote:
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #264
country flag Stonerpova
`

Quote:
even in that depressing year she played much better against Clijsters in Cincy before she started that monumental choke (and injured herself in the process). Moonballniacki did nothing out of ordinary in that US Open encounter - just waited for Maria to self-destruct like in every single match of hers in those Dark Ages of female tennis
OMG I didn't say it was her best

I shouldn't have said anything.

Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #265
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Atomic Bomb View Post
HRHoliviasmith is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #266
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

Rezai here? Every shot was at winner speed . Serena was made to look like a pusher .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 03:43 AM   #267
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
Shahar Peer loss vs Serena Williams 2007 AO QF - rewatching the highlights last night, I couldn't believe how hard she was hitting some of her forehands and her backhand looked so much stronger than I've seen it in a few years. Definitely a peak match from her with lots of help from Serena.
Shahar. I wish she could regain that form.
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #268
country flag traralgon

traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light

My god Rezai... she is amazing
Why can't she always play like this?
traralgon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 07:04 PM   #269
country flag T-rex

T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
I think Davenport in the 2005 Wimbledon final.

Agreed. It was a shame either of them had to lose (Venus or Davenport). That was the greatest single WTA match I have ever seen.
T-rex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #270
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
Rezai here? Every shot was at winner speed . Serena was made to look like a pusher .

That was when Rezai said that "she wasn´t impressed" by Serena?

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote