Players playing at their peak and still losing the match - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 16th, 2012, 02:03 AM   #226
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Players playing at their peak and still losing the match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Errani vs Venus Cincinnati 2012

Errani vs Serena US Open 2012

It's funny because it's true

It's actually hilarious how pressed you are by Errani

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 16th, 2012, 02:06 AM   #227
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustachepova View Post
Everyone should be.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 02:34 AM   #228
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pressed? Moi? She's the one getting the constant beatdowns

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 06:12 AM   #229
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Honestly, if Maria lost to Errani in a slam semifinal I'd be pressed AF too

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #230
country flag Geisha

Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
I see not a single lie.
Ditto.
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #231
country flag blistering

blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
Pressed? Moi? She's the one getting the constant beatdowns
Not from Stosur she isn't Sara even managed to bagel her
blistering is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #232
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm just guessing she didn't cuz ya know it's Queen Bethanie
In a third set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petkorazzi View Post
It's because of the injury, Bethanie was going to eat her alive but Radwanska got lucky as she usually does.
Not so much as injury as being worn out. She lead like 5-2 in the first set and it became a marathon for her just to win it in a TB. She just wore herself out in the first 2 sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
She had. 81 winners and 65 UE vs. 29 winners and 13 UE.
Fuck me. And Aga. And Beth.
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #233
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Honestly, if Maria lost to Errani in a slam semifinal I'd be pressed AF too
Don't blame you
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #234
new-york
和平.

new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Venus played well in that match to be sure, but her level was quite erratic compared to her very best. She was consistently better in the USO05 against Kim / USO07 against Justine / USO10 against Kim, imo. I mean, Serena didn't even have to produce her best tennis of just that TOURNAMENT to get by her (she served and struck the ball better in the final).
She was never consistently better vs Justine at the USO 2007. If anything she resisted to hurricane Joost better than anyone but still could not do anything in Justine's service games until late in the set. She did play amazing to get it to a tiebreak. The second set was nothing like the first.

Vs Kim, she was the best player until losing her lead in the second set. She won what, 1 game in the third set. Losing at her peak? 1-6?

USO 10, Kim was a mess. Venus could have won playing routine tennis she was playing. She flopped in the tiebreak like I've never seen her flop. Losing at her peak?

<===================

Last edited by new-york : Dec 16th, 2012 at 06:22 PM.
new-york is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #235
country flag hablo

hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute hablo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIGetAWhat View Post
Sharapova to Venus 05 Wimbledon SF

I agree with this!

GO all Canuck players GO
hablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #236
country flag blistering

blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light blistering is a glorious beacon of light

That Vinas-Jankovic QF at the 2007 USO sure made for one hell of a highlights reel but it was a shitfest for the most part. Jankovic was having a blast.
blistering is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 04:55 AM   #237
country flag TPlaya8

TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawntreader View Post
You are a mess. I suggest you look at Venus's ball-striking, movement, length, energy in her '07 encounter against Jankovic compared to the '10 encounter with Sin. She's half the mover in the latter, with half the assurance off the ground.

Actually, compare the '05 level of tennis at the USO to her '10 match. The difference in athleticism is stark. Even in '08 the difference is palpable.

I know you are a concentrated Venus hater, but there's no need to revise the truth so shamelessly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Venus's W-UE differential was about -20 or something in that match, iirc.

I don't think her match against Kim in '09 was particularly great, but their '10 match was definitely as well as she's played away from grass post-2003. Her ballstriking was unbelievably crisp, and it was one of those rare matches where her defence was an asset. Her so-called "choke" has also been overstated -- apart from those 2 DFs in the 2nd-set tiebreak (and, let's face it, how many big matches has Venus actually had where she hasn't thrown in some DFs at crucial times), it's not like she collapsed in a mountain of unforced errors at all.
I do agree that her '07 QF with Jelena was low in quality until the 3rd Set but High in drama the whole match.Especially the 3rd set.

But as 2010 SF being Venus as well as she has played from grass post-2003 is not true at all. The biggest thing I should first indicate is her movement. Venus' movent at the 2010 US open is even a stark comparison to her movement just earlier that year.

Venus played better at the Open in 2007 and 2008. Infact to be honest if you go back and watch all of Venus' 2008 US Open matches I felt like Venus was winning with relative ease and seemed to be coasting through matches looking like she was barely trying and still beating opponenta easily until that QF wher(if you want to talk about ball striking) was out hitting Serena so easily to only choke the match away.

I think 2010 was a testament to truly how weak the field was and had Venus and kim been on opposite halfs they would have meet in the finals because no one in that tournament had the talent level they had!
TPlaya8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 05:04 AM   #238
country flag SymphonyX

SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of SymphonyX has much to be proud of

Dementieva losing to Serena at Wimbledon 2009 semis. That was what I most vividly remembered. I feel that Serena should've lost that day because she kept losing rallies to Elena yet at crucial points, Serena took them as a seasoned GS champ does. That was the best and most rock-solid I've seen Elena play ever. I felt sad for her after that match. I think Elena would've lost to Venus in the final though, but perhaps she would've played for another year if she did reach it.

Also want to throw in the Sharapova-Henin YEC 2007 final. Maria played lights out tennis yet still lost to Justine. She ran out of gas mid in the third set.

Last edited by SymphonyX : Dec 17th, 2012 at 05:13 AM.
SymphonyX is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 05:15 AM   #239
country flag TPlaya8

TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of TPlaya8 has much to be proud of

Just to show how Venus movement really degressed in 2010 after that mid season knee injury I got the match vs Kim and vs Na

Venus vs Kim

Venus vs Na And look at the point at 1:52 Venus would not been able move like that in that US Open match even if she wanted to or tried to!

TPlaya8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 06:11 AM   #240
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blistering View Post
That Vinas-Jankovic QF at the 2007 USO sure made for one hell of a highlights reel but it was a shitfest for the most part. Jankovic was having a blast.
Yup. What a lot of people on here don't realize is that a 15 minute highlight reel does not equal a great match. The 2005 US Open QF between Clijsters and Venus was a shitfest of epic proportions but some people on here have made it out to be some sort of classic.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote