Players playing at their peak and still losing the match - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 15th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #211
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Players playing at their peak and still losing the match

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
I could've sworn she had a positive ratio W/UE.
She had. 81 winners and 65 UE vs. 29 winners and 13 UE.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 15th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #212
country flag J4m3ka

J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future

Dsanders is really trying too hard to make them Venus' - Belgian USO matches happen The match vs Justine was indeed great, the rest were mediocre at best from Venus. Even the 05 QF was a mess but looks good in highlight reels (although admittedly the play was great in parts).

All of the 08 YEC matches, majority of 09 YEC matches, 08 USO vs Aga, Stosur, Serena, 09 Dubai vs Serena, '10 Dubai vs Azarenka are ALL better performances from Venus than any of USO QF 05, 09, SF '10. And that's just from the top of my head.

Please stop.
"But every sport improves dramatically every three-to-five years, and I think we've see that in the sport of tennis. These guys just keep getting better and better. There's no comparison between what guys are doing now to 10 years ago"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Agassi
"Listen, I could sit here and tell you that I'm the best of the best, but unfortunately, the best get better. That's just how it is. Speed, athleticism, change in technology, and why people don't come to the net anymore because of the angles that are created. It's a whole different set of circumstances out there"

Last edited by J4m3ka : Dec 15th, 2012 at 06:22 PM.
J4m3ka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #213
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

i am quite sure chris evert played a bunch of matches at her peak and lost to navratilova......

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #214
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4m3ka View Post
Dsanders is really trying too hard to make them Venus' - Belgian USO matches happen The match vs Justine was indeed great, the rest were mediocre at best from Venus. Even the 05 QF was a mess but looks good in highlight reels (although admittedly the play was great in parts).

All of the 08 YEC matches, majority of 09 YEC matches, 08 USO vs Aga, Stosur, Serena, 09 Dubai vs Serena, '10 Dubai vs Azarenka are ALL better performances from Venus than any of USO QF 05, 09, SF '10. And that's just from the top of my head.

Please stop.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #215
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Please stop.
I see not a single lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #216
country flag Tennisgucker

Tennisgucker has disabled reputation

I'm astonished. This thread is two weeks old and has 15 pages and still nobody has mentioned this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJDMto0CSVQ
Tennisgucker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #217
country flag Tennisgucker

Tennisgucker has disabled reputation

Link above doesn't work. Second attempt:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJDMto0CSVQ
Tennisgucker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 01:02 AM   #218
country flag caboche

caboche is a glorious beacon of light caboche is a glorious beacon of light caboche is a glorious beacon of light caboche is a glorious beacon of light caboche is a glorious beacon of light caboche is a glorious beacon of light caboche is a glorious beacon of light caboche is a glorious beacon of light caboche is a glorious beacon of light caboche is a glorious beacon of light caboche is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Please stop.

Didn't Venus reach the final with only one round robin win ? I remember the 2009 YEC as a horrible tournament. Serena only had to show up to win it, the rest of the field was playing like horseshit.
caboche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 01:14 AM   #219
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Errani vs Venus Cincinnati 2012

Errani vs Serena US Open 2012

It's funny because it's true

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #220
country flag J4m3ka

J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future J4m3ka has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by caboche View Post
Didn't Venus reach the final with only one round robin win ? I remember the 2009 YEC as a horrible tournament. Serena only had to show up to win it, the rest of the field was playing like horseshit.
Yeah - the tournament itself ended up being a bit of a flop, but the RR match against Serena and RR match against Kuznetsova were Venus at a much higher level than the 09 USO QF / 10 SF.

"But every sport improves dramatically every three-to-five years, and I think we've see that in the sport of tennis. These guys just keep getting better and better. There's no comparison between what guys are doing now to 10 years ago"
Quote:
"Listen, I could sit here and tell you that I'm the best of the best, but unfortunately, the best get better. That's just how it is. Speed, athleticism, change in technology, and why people don't come to the net anymore because of the angles that are created. It's a whole different set of circumstances out there"
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 01:30 AM   #221
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah - the tournament itself ended up being a bit of a flop, but the RR match against Serena and RR match against Kuznetsova were Venus at a much higher level than the 09 USO QF / 10 SF.

Take your advice and "please stop". Or, better yet, look up the stats for those horrendous quality YEC09 matches and compare them to the stats of the USO05 QF, so you can realise your heinous error of even suggesting they're comparable
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 01:52 AM   #222
country flag J4m3ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Take your advice and "please stop". Or, better yet, look up the stats for those horrendous quality YEC09 matches and compare them to the stats of the USO05 QF, so you can realise your heinous error of even suggesting they're comparable
Horrendous quality, yet the uploader had to state this in the video description: "It was a great match, I had to cut off all the aces so that the video could be shorter than 15 mins"

Anyway, the videos speak volumes, and speak far more than dsander's delusional revisionist history will ever do. Venus moves like a corpse in the 09/10 USO matches in comparison to these, and her shots are no where near as penetrating and effective. Her energetic movement around the ball is practically non-existent in the '10 SF

PS: I said that the 05 QF was great in patches

Anyway, to hopefully kill this myth once and for all, here are even more post 03 HC matches in which Venus plays better than the supposed holy grail that is USO 09 QF:

Quote:
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 01:55 AM   #223
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Quote:
Horrendous quality, yet the uploader had to state this in the video description: "It was a great match, I had to cut off all the aces so that the video could be shorter than 15 mins"

Anyway, the videos speak volumes, and speak far more than dsander's delusional revisionist history will ever do. Venus moves like a corpse in the 09/10 USO matches in comparison to these, and her shots are no where near as penetrating and effective. Her energetic movement around the ball is practically non-existent in the '10 SF

PS: I said that the 05 QF was great in patches

Anyway, to hopefully kill this myth once and for all, here are even more post 03 HC matches in which Venus plays better than the supposed holy grail that is USO 09 QF:

What's the USO09 QF? That's why I assumed you meant the USO 05, because they didn't play in the QFs in '09.

If you mean the USO09 4R, then I explicitly said in a previous post that I thought that was a bad match and that I wasn't counting that as one of Venus's 3 best post-03 hardcourt matches Talk about a strawman argument.
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 01:56 AM   #224
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

A player can never beat the Williams Sisters, they and their fans always have an excuse, it's either they didn't play well or the player that beat them made "lucky shots".

JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 02:01 AM   #225
country flag JCTennisFan

JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute

Holy video clip explosion!
JCTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote