PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: ??

Queen Maria, obviously. 185 68.01%
Vika 87 31.99%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 10th, 2012, 02:00 AM   #91
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post

What I want to know is, why are people acting like Vika leading the head-to-head against Maria by the end of their careers is a foregone conclusion? Vika only leads her 7-5 atm
Because Vika has already blown past her by now, is two years younger and still has her peak to come while Sharapova's is a thing of the past.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 10th, 2012, 02:05 AM   #92
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
This whole "Maria can't win off clay" is just yet another example of TF overreacting and drawing conclusions from just one season's results
Weren't you on Petra's bandwagon some months ago?!
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 02:06 AM   #93
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Because Vika has already blown past her by now, is two years younger and still has her peak to come while Sharapova's is a thing of the past.
1. Sharapova won their last meeting, rather comprehensively actually.
2. Two years doesn't mean a lot. It would if Maria's body was starting to betray her, but she's as fit and as quick as she's ever been.
3. This year Sharapova got to #1, won a slam, made another slam final, medalled at the Olympics, and lost before the quarterfinal stage of a tournament exactly one time. "Thing of the past" my ass.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 02:09 AM   #94
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
3. This year Sharapova got to #1, won a slam, made another slam final, medalled at the Olympics, and lost before the quarterfinal stage of a tournament exactly one time. "Thing of the past" my ass.
And still Vika did more. More weeks at #1, more titles, won the H2H very clearly. And please stop mention the YEC match, it's really silly. Everybody with half a brain knows why it ended the way it did, Vika looked half-dead on court all week..it had absolutely nothing to do with Sharapova...she just took advantage of the situation to sneak a win.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 02:11 AM   #95
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh right, poor Vika was Extremely Injured

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 02:13 AM   #96
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Nobody claims that she was injured, she was just at the end of her season and visibly low on energy. She didn't move well, nearly lost to Kerber, played pretty bad against Na as well..it simply wasn't her week.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #97
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And still Vika did more. More weeks at #1, more titles, won the H2H very clearly. And please stop mention the YEC match, it's really silly. Everybody with half a brain knows why it ended the way it did, Vika looked half-dead on court all week..it had absolutely nothing to do with Sharapova...she just took advantage of the situation to sneak a win.
Azarenka obviously had the better year, but that doesn't make Sharapova a thing of the past

And I must have seen a different YEC match than you did. Azarenka was half a step slow, sure, but that just shows how much fitter Maria is. And Sharapova played excellent tennis. Moved great, served well (except she was a bit predictable on the ad side), and she was consistent enough to hit through Azarenka's defenses. They both had an epic marathon in the RR stage and one of them regrouped far better than the other. It is weird though because Azarenka being two years younger is supposed to give her some big advantage

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Old Dec 10th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #98
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Give me a break

the reason why Extremely Injured looked half dead out there because Maria wasn't making the 40+ UEs she usually makes against her; thus she was unable to utilize her turbo grinding game to outlast her.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 02:18 AM   #99
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nobody claims that she was injured, she was just at the end of her season and visibly low on energy. She didn't move well, nearly lost to Kerber, played pretty bad against Na as well..it simply wasn't her week.
you do understand the same excuses can be said about Maria's losses too, right? Actually Maria's game is much more prone to breaking down due to how risky it is, yet you don't see any of her fans making excuses when she gifts win to your current fave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 02:18 AM   #100
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Okay, I give up. You guys want to set yourself up for disappointment...fine by me. I wonder how many beatdowns by Vika it takes for you to make peace with the fact that she has simply exceeded Sharapova.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 02:19 AM   #101
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Vika didn't look half death all week, her only loss came to Serena She also only got "injured" in the middle of the 2nd set so the job was already done by Sharapova. Vika is still well behind of Sharapova in term of achievements. Wait until Vika will have won all 4 GS + the YEC and have a +5 ratio over Sharapova before letting your big mouth going wild. Many players have had one good year and then burn down into flames quite rapidly, an Ivanovic comes in mind quickly. If there's one fan that is set for disappointment it's most likely to be you cuz Sharapova has proven being able to come back and fight her way through pretty much everything.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 02:22 AM   #102
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Okay, I give up. You guys want to set yourself up for disappointment...fine by me. I wonder how many beatdowns by Vika it takes for you to make peace with the fact that she has simply exceeded Sharapova.
It's not Maria's fault Extremely Injured was greedy for money and wasted her energy in Linz.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 02:23 AM   #103
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad[le]y. View Post
It's not Maria's fault Extremely Injured was greedy for money and wasted her energy in Linz.
Sharapova stans accusing other players of being greedy....I've seen everything

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 02:26 AM   #104
country flag Stonerpova
`

Quote:
So Sharapova's not only a has-been but is greedy, too?

Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Old Dec 10th, 2012, 02:27 AM   #105
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sharapova doesn't mind withdrawing from tournament cuz she's injured or unwell or cuz she'll get a fine or a 0 pointer...same thing can't be said about Azarenka and that is a fact.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote