PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: ??

Queen Maria, obviously. 185 68.01%
Vika 87 31.99%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 02:04 PM   #196
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha Fierce View Post
no !
you said this 'Well, they both have ONE Wimbledon..so I don't see how one would be fluke and the other wouldn't?! '

so you are the one who start the comparison between them as a fluke bcuz they have only one title there !
So how r u gonna label a 21 player who's just starting her career as a fluke when she already has as many titles at the venue as a player who's 25 years old and has been around longer?

And the Serena comparison at RG..well, since Serena won the other three majors at least FOUR times each ( only Graf, Court, Wills Moody have done this), soo..
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #197
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
How so, she didn't reach it? She gave Serena a better match than Maria did this year and it can be argued that it is MARIA that didn't reach the level she reached last year.yeah she reached the Olympics finals, but who did she beat, that she wasn't supposed to beat?

On grass, right now..Petra's more scary ( because if she catches fire, it's goodnight..) than Maria, because Maria is what she is..
Maria beat Peer, Robson, Lisicki, Clijsters, Kirilenko, to get to the olympics final....Kvitova beat Glatch, Keothavong, Vinci, Wickmayer, pironkova and Azarenka to beat Sharapova in the final of Wimbledon....in terms of quality opponent both had pretty similar players beaten. Saying that Kvitova gave a better match to Serena than Sharapova is so irrelevant lol. Ivanovic had a better scoreline against Kirilenko this year than Kvitova...does that mean Ivanovic is better than Kvitova?? I mean that might explain her loss to Kirilenko in the Olympics...but wait Sharapova beat Kirilenko at those exact olympics therefore with your logic doesn't this make Sharapova an automatic better player on grass than Kvitova??

Quote:
Well, they both have ONE Wimbledon..so I don't see how one would be fluke and the other wouldn't?!
Not saying Petra's the better player, but that on particular surface GRASS, she might be better..
Oh well considering Petra had 2 chances to prove herself again after her triumph at the All England Club I'd say (for now) she hasn't proven that she can get back to that level and be such a threat again even on grass. She only made the QFs both times and one was losing to Kirilenko?? While in the next two years that Sharapova played at the All Englend Club she reached the SFs and lost to the eventual champions each years. Since then Sharapova has also made 2 finals. Maria's run at Wimbledon cannot be considered a fluke, while Kvitova's run is still to be determined.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #198
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So how r u gonna label a 21 player who's just starting her career as a fluke when she already has as many titles at the venue as a player who's 25 years old and has been around longer?
you are a walking epic fail from one thread to another .

1) Kvitova is 22 and she is 22 even longer than Masha is 25
2)W, F, 2SF are still better results than W,SF, QF

Quote:
And the Serena comparison at RG..well, since Serena won the other three majors at least FOUR times each ( only Graf, Court, Wills Moody have done this), soo.
Graf won all 4 at least 4 times each! 3 majors four times -impressive , but as that much as Graf's record (Court and Graf won 3 majors at least 5 times each +4 time

Both Serena and Federer should try to add one more RG title to join elite group of Evert, Navratilova, Court , Laver,Emerson - players who won all 4 at least twice

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player

Last edited by NashaMasha : Dec 12th, 2012 at 04:06 PM.
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #199
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincey! View Post
Maria beat Peer, Robson, Lisicki, Clijsters, Kirilenko, to get to the olympics final....Kvitova beat Glatch, Keothavong, Vinci, Wickmayer, pironkova and Azarenka to beat Sharapova in the final of Wimbledon....in terms of quality opponent both had pretty similar players beaten. Saying that Kvitova gave a better match to Serena than Sharapova is so irrelevant lol. Ivanovic had a better scoreline against Kirilenko this year than Kvitova...does that mean Ivanovic is better than Kvitova?? I mean that might explain her loss to Kirilenko in the Olympics...but wait Sharapova beat Kirilenko at those exact olympics therefore with your logic doesn't this make Sharapova an automatic better player on grass than Kvitova??
Only major champ on the list, Clijsters..and contrast that to Pironkova ( just took Vee out), Sharapova a former champ. But okay..

Sharapova has a better resume right now on grass, that's true.

Quote:
Oh well considering Petra had 2 chances to prove herself again after her triumph at the All England Club I'd say (for now) she hasn't proven that she can get back to that level and be such a threat again even on grass. She only made the QFs both times and one was losing to Kirilenko?? While in the next two years that Sharapova played at the All Englend Club she reached the SFs and lost to the eventual champions each years. Since then Sharapova has also made 2 finals. Maria's run at Wimbledon cannot be considered a fluke, while Kvitova's run is still to be determined.
For Petra to build her resume, yep..she's gonna need more time.

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 04:07 PM   #200
bandabou

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
you are a walking epic fail from one thread to another .

1) Kvitova is 22 and she is 22 even longer than Masha is 25
2)W, F, 2SF are still better results than W,SF, QF
she's longer than Masha is 25?! Maria's still been around in tennis longer, no?!

Sure qua resume Maria's ahead. I only am saying that to me Petra vs Masha on grass, I think Petra has the bigger weapons..but that means peak Petra obviously.

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #201
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
she's longer than Masha is 25?! Maria's still been around in tennis longer, no?!

Sure qua resume Maria's ahead. I only am saying that to me Petra vs Masha on grass, I think Petra has the bigger weapons..but that means peak Petra obviously.
Maris can't do anything with the fact that she was competitive vs the best players since teenager age.

As for peak vs peak , Petra will have more chances, but not because her peak is higher , but because for Masha it's harder to improve her game to the level of her best years and for Petra it's still possible

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #202
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Only major champ on the list, Clijsters..and contrast that to Pironkova ( just took Vee out), Sharapova a former champ. But okay..

Sharapova has a better resume right now on grass, that's true.

For Petra to build her resume, yep..she's gonna need more time.
LOL seriously? You're comparing Clijsters to Pironkova now?
Yes Petra needs to build up her resume, but if we'd compare only Sharapova's defending champ year at Wimbledon to Kvitova's sharapova has proven herself more consistent already. I get that Kvitova was really hyped after Wimbledon last year, but she's yet to back it up with any kind of results and if I would have to pick one player who seems to be able to be on a good way to have a really dominant H2H against kvitova, I'd pick Sharapova. Already 4-2 (4-1 if you don't count the ret.) and their matches were getting easier and easier. Oh and BTW Kvitova is 22 not 21 like you said...

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #203
bandabou

Quote:
LOL seriously? You're comparing Clijsters to Pironkova now?
Yes Petra needs to build up her resume, but if we'd compare only Sharapova's defending champ year at Wimbledon to Kvitova's sharapova has proven herself more consistent already. I get that Kvitova was really hyped after Wimbledon last year, but she's yet to back it up with any kind of results and if I would have to pick one player who seems to be able to be on a good way to have a really dominant H2H against kvitova, I'd pick Sharapova. Already 4-2 (4-1 if you don't count the ret.) and their matches were getting easier and easier. Oh and BTW Kvitova is 22 not 21 like you said...
4-1..and how many of those are on grass? We're talking about GRASS. Petra vs Maria on grass. Just like Rafa vs Roger..Rafa leads the h2h too, but a match indoors...you'd still pick Roger over Nadal, no?! On other surfaces Maria wins no problem..but this isn't even set in stone. Just my feeling, based on what I saw from Petra in '11, but obviously she hasn't backed it up since.

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #204
bandabou

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
Maris can't do anything with the fact that she was competitive vs the best players since teenager age.

As for peak vs peak , Petra will have more chances, but not because her peak is higher , but because for Masha it's harder to improve her game to the level of her best years and for Petra it's still possible
The myth of Maria's peak is basically based on three/four tournaments...'04 wimby, '06 u.s. open, '07 yec, '08 oz open.

Just two weeks at a time..her peak never lasted much longer. So that's why I think a comparison of '11 Wimby Petra vs Masha CAN be done.

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #205
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
The myth of Maria's peak is basically based on three/four tournaments...'04 wimby, '06 u.s. open, '07 yec, '08 oz open.
Absolutely not are you serious ? When we're referring to Maria's peak it's between 04 and 08 and whether you believe it or not she was really playing well in many tournaments reaching the QF at least at any tournament especially in 05/06.
The events that you're mentioning are events where Maria reached her ultimate peak though and you forgot many more like YEC 2006 for example.

Quote:
Just two weeks at a time..her peak never lasted much longer. So that's why I think a comparison of '11 Wimby Petra vs Masha CAN be done.
Again wrong. She really had amazing streaks back in 2006 and 2008.

Last edited by doomsday : Dec 12th, 2012 at 07:44 PM.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #206
country flag Vincey!

Quote:
4-1..and how many of those are on grass? We're talking about GRASS. Petra vs Maria on grass. Just like Rafa vs Roger..Rafa leads the h2h too, but a match indoors...you'd still pick Roger over Nadal, no?! On other surfaces Maria wins no problem..but this isn't even set in stone. Just my feeling, based on what I saw from Petra in '11, but obviously she hasn't backed it up since.
They played ONE time on grass, only one time! It's ridiculous to pretend Kvitova would automatically beat Maria again if they were to play on grass again solely based on ONE single match where Petra was playing really well and Sharapova was looking for her confidence. I'd always pick Federer over Nadal on every surfaces except Clay even if Rafa is leading on their H2H. That match up on other surface than Clay is on Federer's racquet not on Nadal's. Same thing goes for Maria agaisnt Petra.

Quote:

LOL you know nothing about Sharapova's career. She peaked at much more tournaments than those. I personally don't even consider her performance during the Wimbledon 2004 her peak. Anyway that being said, Sharapova has at least proved that she can reproduce her "peak" form a few times during her career so far. Kvitova "peaked" during only 2 tournaments within the same 6 months. We have no idea if Petra will ever reach that level again, at least Sharapova has proven being able to get back to a level close to her best. Which to me gives Sharapova a clear edge over Kvitova. She's one of the player who has the best H2H against her as well with Serena.

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #207
bandabou

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Absolutely not are you serious ? When we're referring to Maria's peak it's between 04 and 08 and whether you believe it or not she was really playing well in many tournaments reaching the QF at least at any tournament especially in 05/06.
The events that you're mentioning are events where Maria reached her ultimate peak though and you forgot many more like YEC 2006 for example.
I think maybe because even at her peak there was somebody else better than her most of the time, that's why I tend to link it to the tournaments she DID end up being the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Again wrong. She really had amazing streaks back in 2006 and 2008.
see above.

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #208
bandabou

Quote:
They played ONE time on grass, only one time! It's ridiculous to pretend Kvitova would automatically beat Maria again if they were to play on grass again solely based on ONE single match where Petra was playing really well and Sharapova was looking for her confidence. I'd always pick Federer over Nadal on every surfaces except Clay even if Rafa is leading on their H2H. That match up on other surface than Clay is on Federer's racquet not on Nadal's. Same thing goes for Maria agaisnt Petra.
every match against Petra is on MARIA'S racquet?!

Quote:
LOL you know nothing about Sharapova's career. She peaked at much more tournaments than those. I personally don't even consider her performance during the Wimbledon 2004 her peak. Anyway that being said, Sharapova has at least proved that she can reproduce her "peak" form a few times during her career so far. Kvitova "peaked" during only 2 tournaments within the same 6 months. We have no idea if Petra will ever reach that level again, at least Sharapova has proven being able to get back to a level close to her best. Which to me gives Sharapova a clear edge over Kvitova. She's one of the player who has the best H2H against her as well with Serena.
In that regard you're right. The onus is on Petra now to prove that she wasn't a flash in the pan.

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #209
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
see above.
see below

Quote:
And you're right..the thread is about Serena, so what are the Mashatards doing here?!
so what exactly are you willyTard doing here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenus Christ View Post
Wait Kerber's ankle I thought it was her shoulder..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
I hope its both.
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #210
bandabou

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
see below

so what exactly are you willyTard doing here?
Discussin..I didn't derail the thread by talking about people who didn't belong it, no?!