PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: ??

Queen Maria, obviously. 185 68.01%
Vika 87 31.99%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 07:34 AM   #181
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PEAK Maria vs PEAK Vika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincey! View Post
You mean their H2H on grass? Where they played only 1 time? Where Petra played at a level she never reached again? Yes I mean you're right if Petra would ever play like that again and Maria still be playing out of confidence, Petra may be able to beat her again. That's a lot of "if"s tho. If we go solely by both players stats and even overall H2H Maria is the better player, even on grass. Maria has loss 3 sets in 5 matches (not counting the retirement) against Petra...I don't see much of a debate here. The only thing that makes you think that Petra has a chance is the one time they played on grass Petra won, but you need to understand that one tournament doesn't make the general habit of a player, it was also the only win over Maria that Petra has.
How so, she didn't reach it? She gave Serena a better match than Maria did this year and it can be argued that it is MARIA that didn't reach the level she reached last year.yeah she reached the Olympics finals, but who did she beat, that she wasn't supposed to beat?

On grass, right now..Petra's more scary ( because if she catches fire, it's goodnight..) than Maria, because Maria is what she is..
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 07:46 AM   #182
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
How so, she didn't reach it? She gave Serena a better match than Maria did this year and it can be argued that it is MARIA that didn't reach the level she reached last year.yeah she reached the Olympics finals, but who did she beat, that she wasn't supposed to beat?
It doesn't mean anything. Maria beat Kirilenko 2 and 3 while Kirilenko defeated Kvitova please
And Lisicki had beaten Maria just 2 weeks before OG so, and we saw that it wasn't that easy since Lisicki was really playing well and very confident.

Quote:
On grass, right now..Petra's more scary ( because if she catches fire, it's goodnight..) than Maria, because Maria is what she is..
No she isn't, not when you see her losing to the likes of Kirilenko.
It's way too easy to use "if" and it can work with every player not only Kvitova you know.

Last edited by doomsday : Dec 12th, 2012 at 08:05 AM.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 08:03 AM   #183
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
It doesn't mean anything. Maria beat Kirilenko 2 and 3 while Kirilenko defeated Kvitova please
And Lisicki had beaten Maria just 2 weeks before OG so, and we saw that it wasn't that easy since Lisicki was really playing well and very confident.

No she isn't, not when you see her losing to the likes of Kirilenko.
Maria lost to Kirilenko sometime at the Oz open too, no? As defending champ, no less.
Stuff like that happen..but I guess we'll see how it goes. Petra needs to get her act together, otherwise..

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #184
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maria lost to Kirilenko sometime at the Oz open too, no? As defending champ, no less.
Stuff like that happen..but I guess we'll see how it goes. Petra needs to get her act together, otherwise..
Maria was the defending champ of the '09 AO, which she didn't play. Not that it's important to the point you were making though
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 08:33 AM   #185
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
So what ? This has nothing to do with it we're not talking about Maria's level back in 2010 but right now btw I'm pretty sure that she wasn't THE defending champ, your fave was.

Quote:
Yeah stuff like this happen but when you're trying to put Kvitova's level very high when we know that she lost to Kirilenko on grass, that's not gonna work.
Beside I think we're all aware that Lisicki is a bigger threat on grass than Kirilenko will ever be.
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 08:45 AM   #186
bandabou

Quote:
So what ? This has nothing to do with it we're not talking about Maria's level back in 2010 but right now btw I'm pretty sure that she wasn't THE defending champ, your fave was.
No, just saying..oh was it in '10?! Okay..point still stands.

Quote:
Yeah stuff like this happen but when you're trying to put Kvitova's level very high when we know that she lost to Kirilenko on grass, that's not gonna work.
Beside I think we're all aware that Lisicki is a bigger threat on grass than Kirilenko will ever be.
And the Petra who lost to Kirilenko is peak Petra?! Maria's the only one whose losses when she's slumping shouldn't held against?! Ah the Mashatards.

Lisicki might be a greater threat than Kirilenko for MASHA..it's about match-ups.

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 09:10 AM   #187
country flag doomsday

Quote:
Lisicki might be a greater threat than Kirilenko for MASHA..it's about match-ups.
Which cancels the point you were trying to make earlier when you said that Kvitova gave a tougher match to Serena than Maria did.
Like you said it's all about match-up and so far Maria ain't an easy one for Kvitova, already 0-3 down this season and 1-4 overall.
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 09:24 AM   #188
bandabou

Quote:
Which cancels the point you were trying to make earlier when you said that Kvitova gave a tougher match to Serena than Maria did.
Like you said it's all about match-up and so far Maria ain't an easy one for Kvitova, already 0-3 down this season and 1-4 overall.
Yep...good wins, oz open and rg. Now onto the grass.

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #189
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yep...good wins, oz open and rg. Now onto the grass.
are you still clinging onto that fluke Wimby win for KvittyGOAT? Bish please, Maria owns that erratic ass whenever she plays at least decent tennis. The likes of Kirilenko and Radwanska have much better chances of beating Maria than this slow ballbasher with erratic game...Maria NEVER had trouble with the likes of Kvitty in her career
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 11:46 AM   #190
bandabou

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
are you still clinging onto that fluke Wimby win for KvittyGOAT? Bish please, Maria owns that erratic ass whenever she plays at least decent tennis. The likes of Kirilenko and Radwanska have much better chances of beating Maria than this slow ballbasher with erratic game...Maria NEVER had trouble with the likes of Kvitty in her career
Well, they both have ONE Wimbledon..so I don't see how one would be fluke and the other wouldn't?!
Not saying Petra's the better player, but that on particular surface GRASS, she might be better..

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #191
country flag MS17

MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Well, they both have ONE Wimbledon..so I don't see how one would be fluke and the other wouldn't?!
Not saying Petra's the better player, but that on particular surface GRASS, she might be better..
this is just wrong !!
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #192
bandabou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha Fierce View Post
this is just wrong !!
but still true...

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #193
country flag MS17

MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light MS17 is a glorious beacon of light

^what truth !! its a problem really if you believe of this

from your point serena's roland garros is a fluke too bcuz she has only one title there and you and me know this is not true so your point isnt correct !!!

back on topic ..
Maria's peak is stonger than what we've seen from Vika so far ..
So Maria ofc ..
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 01:07 PM   #194
bandabou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha Fierce View Post
^what truth !! its a problem really if you believe of this

from your point serena's roland garros is a fluke too bcuz she has only one title there and you and me know this is not true so your point isnt correct !!!

back on topic ..
Maria's peak is stonger than what we've seen from Vika so far ..
So Maria ofc ..
what r u talking about? I only said that it's true that they both have one Wimbledon..

Madmax was the one talking about flukes.

Old Dec 12th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #195
country flag MS17

Quote:
what r u talking about? I only said that it's true that they both have one Wimbledon..

Madmax was the one talking about flukes.
no !
you said this 'Well, they both have ONE Wimbledon..so I don't see how one would be fluke and the other wouldn't?! '

so you are the one who start the comparison between them as a fluke bcuz they have only one title there !