2014 French Open set new viewing record for Eurosport - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 15th, 2014, 02:04 PM   #1
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute
2014 French Open set new viewing record for Eurosport

http://www.insidethegames.biz/sports...-for-eurosport

Pan-European television network Eurosport enjoyed record-breaking audience figures during this year's French Open, according to broadcast data.

An average live audience of 1.36 million people watched the tennis Grand Slam, up 17 per cent on the previous tournament benchmark set during 2012.

The women's final - a three-hour contest which saw Russia's Maria Sharapova overcome Romanian Simona Halep in a deciding set - was the most watched women's tennis match in Eurosport's history.

It attracted an average live audience of 3.8 million viewes, a 24 per cent rise on the 2012 Women's Tennis Association Miami final between Sharapova and Pole Agnieszka Radwańska, the previous record holder.

The men's final between Spain's Rafael Nadal and Serbia's Novak Djokovic was the most watched French Open final ever on Eurosport, with a live audience of 4.1 million viewers tuning in.

It was just shy of the 4.3 million who watched the 2012 Australian Open final between the pair.

The highest viewing figure rises versus 2013 were in Romania and Spain, both up 128 per cent.

The United Kingdom saw a 79 per cent rise in people watching the action at Roland Garros, and viewing in France on the network was up 49 per cent.

A total of 60.7 million different European viewers tuned in to the two-week tournament, which ended at the weekend, versus 58.8 million in 2013.

That makes it the second best ever Grand Slam reach on Eurosport and Eurosport 2, narrowly behind the 61.2 million record of the 2012 French Open.

"To have the best-ever French Open this year is a fantastic achievement for the whole Eurosport team," said Eurosport Group chief executive Jean-Thierry Augustin.

"The strategy to identify and secure exclusivity in specific European markets on key properties has delivered the expected results.

"The French Open is definitely one of those key properties.

"Our on-air coverage has been excellent and clearly matched viewers expectations who enjoyed some incredible tennis and great analysis from our experts.

"It is especially pleasing to achieve this record in our 25th year, which also marks the 25th broadcast of the French Open on our channels."
Advertisement

Old Jun 15th, 2014, 02:07 PM   #2
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2014 French Open set new viewing record for Eurosport

What I think is great for all WTA fans is that viewership for the women's final was 93% of that for the men. That's a very healthy percentage for women's tennis.
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 06:13 PM   #3
country flag darkboy

darkboy is just really nice darkboy is just really nice darkboy is just really nice darkboy is just really nice darkboy is just really nice darkboy is just really nice darkboy is just really nice darkboy is just really nice darkboy is just really nice darkboy is just really nice darkboy is just really nice

So why did they abandoned all the other prestigious tennis tournaments the owned?
darkboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 06:15 PM   #4
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

Maria & Simona.
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 06:16 PM   #5
country flag Human Nature
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute

Simona

Michael Jackson :King Of Pop and Musical Genius
Until i die you will always be in my heart .
Serena Williams : Greatest Player of All Times .
Ready for 18
Human Nature is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 06:24 PM   #6
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Maria & Simona.

And some people say and think that Simona is not marketable The best way to be marketable is to play tennis at the highest level. The best promoter for women tennis and WTA is tennis itself and WTA should focus more on promoting tennis not other bullshit that makes people horny.
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 06:28 PM   #7
country flag Mario101

Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future Mario101 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
Maria & Simona.

And some people say and think that Simona is not marketable The best way to be marketable is to play tennis at the highest level. Is the publicity for women tennis and WTA should focus more on promoting tennis not other bullshit that makes people horny.
I hate to sound sexist, but.any promotors will tell you women's look matters a lot when promoting. Men run the world and they like to watch sexy women. I will probably get attacked for this, but just stating facts
Mario101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 06:31 PM   #8
country flag Mr Halep

Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute Mr Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLovesWTA View Post
Maria & Simona.

And some people say and think that Simona is not marketable The best way to be marketable is to play tennis at the highest level. The best promoter for women tennis and WTA is tennis itself and WTA should focus more on promoting tennis not other bullshit that makes people horny.
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 06:36 PM   #9
country flag DanLovesWTA

DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute DanLovesWTA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Ourselves View Post
O please, don't tempt me I had a moment before when i was thinking with my brain and not with others parts of my body.

Alyssa Milano was my crush from childhood
Sorana Cirstea,Jelena Jankovic,Samantha Stosur,Victoria Azarenka,Sabine Lisicki,Ana Ivanovic,Caroline Wozniacki,Na Li,Monica Niculescu,Petra Kvitova,Flavia Pennetta,Belinda Bencic,Irina-Camelia Begu,Lucie Safarova,Madison Keys,Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Donna Vekic,Angelique Kerber,Elina Svitolina,Agnieszka Radwanska,Venus Williams,Andrea Petkovic.
Elena Baltacha 1983-2014
Deserve my appreciation: Steffi Graf, Elena Dementieva, Justine Henin, Kim Clijsters.
DanLovesWTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 06:38 PM   #10
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

never doubt maria sharapova's pull.
malarkist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 06:39 PM   #11
country flag Hazelwood

Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold Hazelwood is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
http://www.insidethegames.biz/sports...-for-eurosport

Pan-European television network Eurosport enjoyed record-breaking audience figures during this year's French Open, according to broadcast data.

An average live audience of 1.36 million people watched the tennis Grand Slam, up 17 per cent on the previous tournament benchmark set during 2012.

The women's final - a three-hour contest which saw Russia's Maria Sharapova overcome Romanian Simona Halep in a deciding set - was the most watched women's tennis match in Eurosport's history.

It attracted an average live audience of 3.8 million viewes, a 24 per cent rise on the 2012 Women's Tennis Association Miami final between Sharapova and Pole Agnieszka Radwańska, the previous record holder.

..."
I know some people will hate me for this:

Graf vs. Sabatini (Masters 1987) had a 11 million audience in Germany alone.
Graf vs. Hingis (FO 1999) had more than 25 million in Europe.

The decline of women's tennis goes on and on ...
Hazelwood is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 06:43 PM   #12
country flag tennisfan146

tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold

It really was a great match and, therefore, deserved a big audience. Although to be honest, people who drew up the audience figures were mostly Romanians. As written in the article, Romanian viewership was up 128% in the whole tournament. It's foolish to think most of that rise didn't come from the final rounds. Anyways, it's great to see such a feat and shows that women's tennis, on the contrary to what some say, still has a lot of life in it.

Last edited by tennisfan146 : Jun 15th, 2014 at 06:54 PM.
tennisfan146 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 06:51 PM   #13
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova brought in the other highest rating

A total of 60.7 million different European viewers tuned in to the two-week tournament, which ended at the weekend, versus 58.8 million in 2013.
That makes it the second best ever Grand Slam reach on Eurosport and Eurosport 2, narrowly behind the 61.2 million record of the 2012 French Open.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 06:56 PM   #14
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by malarkist View Post
never doubt maria sharapova's pull.
She's the most marketable female athlete in the world.

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 06:58 PM   #15
country flag pov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario101 View Post
Men run the world a
Only so long as women buy into their dren and put with it.