The Fall Cometh: Victoria Azarenka - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:54 PM   #76
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Fall Cometh: Victoria Azarenka

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
Serena on every surface..and Maria I think on clay mostly.
Yes, those are the only two matchups where Vika isn't in control of her own faith.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:57 PM   #77
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future

Quote:
Well, Petra's get to meet her fist, no?!
Gonna be interesting to see what new, if any, form Petra bring to the table next year.
Peak Wozniacki is the better play than Azarenka.
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 05:04 PM   #78
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Lawd Baby Jesus with all the trolls in this thread.

Vika will lose her number one ranking, most likely to Serena who plays her best in Melbourne. That said, she won't fall out of the top 3 unless she gets really injured and misses a large chunk of the season or Petra gets her shit together. And even if that latter takes place, she's still top 4.

And no one is winning any slams next year if Serena stays on form. Period.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 05:19 PM   #79
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

How can supposed tennis fans still seriously believe Azarenka would struggle with Wozniacki? Since when has Azarenka "not had enough power to blow great movers off the court"? She went 9-0 combined against Radwanska and Kerber this year. In fact, every single loss that Aza suffered this year was when she was overpowered. If you don't best her in the power stakes (and I'm assuming noone believes Woz does that), you don't beat her, simple as that. She's just too consistent to give away the scale of errors that Wozniacki relies on getting from her opponent (and no, two competitive 3-setters they played when Aza was more error-prone than she is now, and when Woz was at her zenith, don't prove anything).

Kvitova is a different matter. I do think Azarenka is unlucky to have not met Kvitova this year because she would've beaten her anywhere but grass.......but, if Kvitova does get her shit together in 2013 as expected, I think she's still pretty much a nightmare match-up for Vika. After all, their YEC meeting in 2011 was on what would probably be Vika's surface of choice in this match-up, a slow hardcourt, and Petra edged her out Though admittedly Vika probably wasn't *quite* as good in that match as she was for most of 2012. We'll see.

Last edited by dsanders06 : Dec 2nd, 2012 at 05:25 PM.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 05:26 PM   #80
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

The Vika-petra match-up is pretty clear, we all know what happens once Petra gets on a roll. No one except Serena can stop her atleast on grass and indoors. On outdoor hardcourts/medium-pace, it's a different story. Petra needs almost perfect conditions in order to play her game, if not she does not have the patience or athletic ability to stay with Azarenka. If she loses about 20 pounds and strengthens her core than maybe we can talk.
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 05:32 PM   #81
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
The Vika-petra match-up is pretty clear, we all know what happens once Petra gets on a roll. No one except Serena can stop her atleast on grass and indoors. On outdoor hardcourts/medium-pace, it's a different story. Petra needs almost perfect conditions in order to play her game, if not she does not have the patience or athletic ability to stay with Azarenka. If she loses about 20 pounds and strengthens her core than maybe we can talk.
That myth needs to die. Sharapova on indoors already did stop Kvitova and can certainly do it again, the generation suck would be useless though I agree on that.
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 05:34 PM   #82
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
In all seriousness barring injury and/or psychotic meltdown she'll be at the very worst #4 at the end of next year. She's way too consistent.
Yup.
pedropt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:04 PM   #83
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

I think Azarenka will perform 50/50 ...she needs to stay fit and motivated, but there's the pressure of being #1 by tryna stay on top could result in meltdowns where she pushes herself beyond = physical & mental burn out. She's too good of a player to drop outta top 10, there aren't enough girls outthere atm who are better or equal to her other than Serena, Maria, & Petra!

Her 1st challenge is to DEFEND HER AUSSIE OPEN title ....You're not a true champion until you defend ...Ivanovic, Schiavone, Petra, Li Na all failed to defend their slam titles, actually went into funk after failing to defend ....the last players to defend their slam titles were Serena Wimby 2010 & Clijsters USO2010. Can Azarenka do it??
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:07 PM   #84
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSumGame View Post
I think Azarenka will perform 50/50 ...she needs to stay fit and motivated, but there's the pressure of being #1 by tryna stay on top could result in meltdowns where she pushes herself beyond = physical & mental burn out. She's too good of a player to drop outta top 10, there aren't enough girls outthere atm who are better or equal to her other than Serena, Maria, & Petra!

Her 1st challenge is to DEFEND HER AUSSIE OPEN title ....You're not a true champion until you defend ...Ivanovic, Schiavone, Petra, Li Na all failed to defend their slam titles, actually went into funk after failing to defend ....the last players to defend their slam titles were Serena Wimby 2010 & Clijsters USO2010. Can Azarenka do it??
But neither Clijsters or Serena defended their first slam title.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:13 PM   #85
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah the huge fall she's going to take to #2 in the world. What a tragedy.
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
égalité is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:17 PM   #86
country flag Kerbicz

Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all Kerbicz is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post

Now I wonder if anyone has the guts to open the same thread about Serena.
Serena is more likely to fall out of top 10 than Vika.
Kerbicz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:19 PM   #87
country flag DeucesAreWild

DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of DeucesAreWild has much to be proud of

Wishful Thinking!
DeucesAreWild is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:19 PM   #88
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbicz View Post
Serena is more likely to fall out of top 10 than Vika.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:36 PM   #89
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future

Quote:
Well, Petra's get to meet her fist, no?!
Gonna be interesting to see what new, if any, form Petra bring to the table next year.
In 2012 Petra Kvitova´s last 10 matches from US Open to Fed Cup finals brought her 5 wins (Hercog, Cornet, Parmentier, Hantuchova & Jankovic) and 5 losses (Bartoli, Martic, Suarez Navarro, A. Radwanska & Ivanovic). Not very promising for her.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:42 PM   #90
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Good things never happen. The Falsetto Nightingale sold itself to the Satan which insures it that it will devour many innocent souls for years to come.