Where does Flavia Pennetta go from here? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 25th, 2014, 09:49 PM   #1
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
Where does Flavia Pennetta go from here?

She had the cinderella comeback (Wimbledon 4R, US Open SF, Australian Open QF) that was crowned with the Indian Wells title. Looked like she could push for Singapore and the top 10 again.

Now she's had R2 and R3 losses ever since. HC is her best surface, is she going to bounce back? Or have we already seen the best of Flavia? She was definitely written off by many people at this time last year. Will she be able to surprise us another time? Or is this it?

Discuss.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 25th, 2014, 09:50 PM   #2
country flag Innocent!

Innocent! has much to be proud of Innocent! has much to be proud of Innocent! has much to be proud of Innocent! has much to be proud of Innocent! has much to be proud of Innocent! has much to be proud of Innocent! has much to be proud of Innocent! has much to be proud of Innocent! has much to be proud of Innocent! has much to be proud of Innocent! has much to be proud of
Re: Where does Flavia Pennetta go from here?

She will go down and flop badly for the rest of the year.
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 09:53 PM   #3
country flag Celestial

Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all

She's looked spent since IW. Really lethargic on court... Maybe age has caught up with her? IDK. Flavia was never much of a contender early on in her career, perhaps the success of the past year has satisfied her hunger.
Celestial is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 09:55 PM   #4
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

Probably italy for some rest
atominside is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 09:55 PM   #5
country flag MB.

MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be surprised if she pulls a Bartoli/Schiavone late career.
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 09:56 PM   #6
country flag 01gametennis10

01gametennis10 is a splendid one to behold 01gametennis10 is a splendid one to behold 01gametennis10 is a splendid one to behold 01gametennis10 is a splendid one to behold 01gametennis10 is a splendid one to behold 01gametennis10 is a splendid one to behold 01gametennis10 is a splendid one to behold 01gametennis10 is a splendid one to behold 01gametennis10 is a splendid one to behold 01gametennis10 is a splendid one to behold 01gametennis10 is a splendid one to behold

she is just a nobody who had a very lucky tournament. dumb Stephens in the wind, crazy Li Na, and injured Aggie who couldn't move.

what was to be expected? she never cared much about her tennis, she shows up for the checks and that's it. she will take the prize money she's "earned" and party with her BF Fognini, good for her.
01gametennis10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 09:56 PM   #7
country flag Celestial

Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all Celestial is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if she pulls a Bartoli/Schiavone late career.
She already has. Indian Wells was her slam moment.
Celestial is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 09:58 PM   #8
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
She's looked spent since IW. Really lethargic on court... Maybe age has caught up with her? IDK. Flavia was never much of a contender early on in her career, perhaps the success of the past year has satisfied her hunger.
I have been thinking the same kind of thing. Flavia maybe never expected to win a title like IW, maybe to her this is almost like winning a slam (even if it is not). And she did beat many good players there and throughout the last year in general.
Thing is, when I see her on the court, she still wants to win. She seems to be motivated, but maybe she just enjoys competing now, not winning so much anymore.

Hope for one last US Open run at least. She said she was going to come back to defend IW, but I am not so sure about it ATM.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2014, 11:14 PM   #9
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future killerqueen has a brilliant future

I've been watching tennis with interest since maybe 2009/2010 and from that I don't really know Flavia's full career trajectory from before that time, but it was kind of my understanding that this was how Flavia rolled anyway. She typically wins a few matches at an event, challenges the big players - successfully on occasion, and has deep runs here and there, but typically isn't someone who gets to the QF and SF of big events on a highly regular basis.

Sure, her form since IW hasn't been great, but is she really someone who we'd be expecting to do that much better? She hit a hotstreak on hard since last summer (which I really liked watching) and now she's back to where she usually is, or perhaps slightly worse off than that. I could be totally undervaluing her, but from 2010 to her injury, I don't recall Flavia being someone who I'd expect to be doing that much better than she has been of late.

(By the way, this isn't meant to be nasty or hateful or anything! I like Flavia! )

Tennis Tipping Rank: 117 (singles), 85 (doubles)
Doubles Titles: WTA Luxembourg 2013, ITF x5
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 12:55 AM   #10
country flag D1-retiree

D1-retiree is a name known to all D1-retiree is a name known to all D1-retiree is a name known to all D1-retiree is a name known to all D1-retiree is a name known to all D1-retiree is a name known to all D1-retiree is a name known to all D1-retiree is a name known to all D1-retiree is a name known to all D1-retiree is a name known to all D1-retiree is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gametennis10 View Post
she is just a nobody who had a very lucky tournament. dumb Stephens in the wind, crazy Li Na, and injured Aggie who couldn't move.

what was to be expected? she never cared much about her tennis, she shows up for the checks and that's it. she will take the prize money she's "earned" and party with her BF Fognini, good for her.
she was top 10 long before these slam runs and IW wells title. Hardly a nobody.
D1-retiree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 02:32 AM   #11
country flag mirzalover

mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1-retiree View Post
she was top 10 long before these slam runs and IW wells title. Hardly a nobody.
right a former top 10 player who regularly made the 2nd week of slams and 10 singles title isn't a nobody.
mirzalover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 02:38 AM   #12
country flag PinkTape

PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of PinkTape has much to be proud of

Play doubles with Stosur. DUH. Generation 30

Ashleigh Barty - Casey Dellacqua - Laura Robson
PinkTape is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 02:40 AM   #13
country flag adrian_106

adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold adrian_106 is a splendid one to behold

a decent Hard Court Season, so-so AO and remaining hard courts, retires as the highest ranked Italian i think she will be satisfied with her accomplishment

Petra Kvitova the COMEBACK GOAT
- 2011 Wimbledon, Year-end Championship, Fed Cup, 2014 Wimbledon -

How to win Wimbledon? Retire in Eastbourne
adrian_106 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 02:42 AM   #14
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Flavia is an okay player who had a lot of good fortune at 2013 US Open & 2014 IW.
I dont expect her to ever repeat those results, but she could make a slam QF with the right draw.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2014, 02:44 AM   #15
country flag Potato

Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

you are too predictable