Your Favorite Sharapova-Serena 'battle'. - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which was your favorite encounter?

2004 YEC Final- 46 62 64 Maria 17 11.64%
2005 Australian Open Semifinal- 26 75 86 Serena 114 78.08%
2008 Charleston Quarterfinal-75 46 61 Serena 5 3.42%
2010 Wimbledon Rd16-76(119) 64 Serena 10 6.85%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 4th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #61
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your Favorite Sharapova-Serena 'battle'.

2005 AO SF. If only for the incredible intensity in the third set. Generally the level of play was rather scrappy, but accentuated by the drama.

Charleston was ok, but Serena absolutely demolished her in the 3rd. I think she only conceded 9 points.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 4th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #62
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamsova View Post
Watching Maria battle to preserve her dignity at the AO or Olympics finals trumps these choices.

Of the four listed it's gotta be 2005 AO SF, that was a classic. I wish this poll was public so we could see who voted otherwise(mainly 2004 YEC F which was a mediocre match that ended on very bad terms ) just for the kikis. I'm sure like in the Peak Venus vs. Peak Pova thread their names all contain "Masha" "Shara" or "Pova"
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #63
Serenita

Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoryuken View Post
Indeed the Goddess of Tennis saving all those MPs.

Yes this was my favorite out of the list. But best kick ass beat down, OZZY 07

Serenita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #64
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #65
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

I've told this in the player forum a few times.

AO 2005 SF as it's the match that made me a complete Maria fan, I already liked her before that but in a growing on me sort of way. She had my respect for what she had done in 2004. Winning that 2005 AO SF could have given her a big head *Teen Maria just didn't give a fuck and was a lot more in your face than current Maria * she took the loss as well as anyone could have at 17 that showed maturity there. It was endearing to me and it was like a light switch

On top of that Serena had won *at the time it was late in the morning in the UK and I stayed up to watch. Had raw fingertips at the end and woke my parents up when I did a Lakeisha and screamed "YESSSS".

Which led to my dad storming down stairs and literally used these words *this gif is perfect*

Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #66
country flag Sund7101

Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future

2005 AO Semifinal for sure. That match would change their rivalry, well not really a rivalry anymore, forever. What a gutsy performance from Serena! Coming up with the shots that she did to save match points was really incredible. I think Sharapova is still haunted by that match when she plays against Serena.

Pierce Seles Hingis Capriati Bartoli Davenport Kournikova Sugiyama Majoli Frazier
Sund7101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #67
country flag Geisha

Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute Geisha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
No. The YEC 2004 match was MUCH higher-quality than the AO2005 match. Both finished the match with good W-UE ratios in the YEC (compared to both having deeply negative ratios in the AO match). The 3rd set of their YEC match was particularly fantastic -- even though Serena had no serve, off the ground she was playing vintage "Shock and Awe" tennis, but Maria managed to overcome it by digging INCREDIBLY deep and playing far more absorbing rallies than anything the AO match produced. The AO match was a shitfest as both were well below good form all tournament (Maria lost a set to Farina Elia at that tournament iirc and barely scraped past Kuznetsova in the QFs). It was an entertaining match because of the intensity and what was at stake, but the quality was atrocious.

Anyway, it's a shame these two have only played 2 matches where they were both somewhere near their best (their YEC matches in 2004 and 2012 -- the former being Maria's A game vs Serena's B game, the latter being Serena's A-game versus Maria's B-game). Hopefully at some point they both bring their A-games against eachother
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FROM START TO FINISHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LMAO
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #68
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the latter being Serena's A-game versus Maria's B-game
death

I almost choked and died.
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 08:31 AM   #69
country flag Kasey

Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That's what I'm talking about
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #70
country flag Shuji Shuriken
Team WTAworld

Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute Shuji Shuriken has a reputation beyond repute

It happened this year on the green grass of Wimbledon. Thing is, no one was wearing all white. Go figure

Brandysan's Keeper

l[l

Venussan #1 Fan
Serenasan Warrior Princess

http://www.myspace.com/keimodarkheart
Shuji Shuriken is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 02:20 PM   #71
country flag i.will2

i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice i.will2 is just really nice

Quote:

This is the point that I vividly remember watching. Serena was down match point and I just hoped Sharapova didn't have an ace coming. She won this point and from that moment I KNEW she was going to win. She hasn't looked back since then hahahaha
i.will2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #72
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.will2 View Post
This is the point that I vividly remember watching. Serena was down match point and I just hoped Sharapova didn't have an ace coming. She won this point and from that moment I KNEW she was going to win. She hasn't looked back since then hahahaha
I love Serena's expressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #73
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Wow, I still remember watching this match live and at this point I thought Serena would lose. Then she saved all those match points and for the first time(during the match) Maria looked visibly shaken. She was so confident and playing in peak form but when Serena saved those match point it broke her spirit. From that point on, I knew Serena would beat her but I never thought she would go on a streak against Maria for years to come.

harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #74
country flag Mightymirza

Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute Mightymirza has a reputation beyond repute

The one over Dimitrov?

Martina Hingis Ana Ivanovic Myskina Safarova

When I have my goals set, I always attain them- Justine
Mightymirza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #75
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

There were never any battles. Serena spanked Maria's butt every time she actually wanted to The only matches which didn't feature a bagel were because Serena didn't give a damn and played at 0,00000333 % or was injured.
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote