Usue Maitane Arconada - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 27th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #31
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Usue Maitane Arconada

Below are some photos from the match!

Usue plays (3)Dushevina/Mueller next.

Old Jul 27th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #32
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
Regional Tournament Segment, Fort Myers, USA, USTA 18&U

R1: (3)Usue Arconada (USA) df. Sara Kelly (USA) 6-3 6-2
R2: (3)Usue Arconada (USA) df. Angel Deng (USA) 7-5 5-7 6-0
QF: (3)Usue Arconada (USA) df. Melissa Machado (USA) 6-1 6-3
SF: (3)Usue Arconada (USA) df. (5)Gabriella Castaneda (USA) 5-7 6-3 6-2
FR: (3)Usue Arconada (USA) df. Anna Bright (USA) 7-5 6-3
I'm kind of late posting this, but here's Usue with the trophy.

Old Jul 27th, 2013, 07:22 PM   #33
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

That can't be right...at 14 years and 9 months...youngest to win a WTA match

I certainly thought that Capriati or someone was younger...
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #34
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

^ Madison Keys hold the record as the youngest too win a Match on WTA tour as well at 14 years and 48 days
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 07:32 PM   #35
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
Q1: (WC)Usue Arconada (USA) df. (5)Maria Irigoyen (ARG) 7-5 6-3

Unreal! Usue wins on her WTA debut against the #174 player in the world. I never expected this!
I hate to be Maria....26 yo losing to a 14 yo...makes you want to call it a day
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 11:48 PM   #36
country flag Crater718

Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold Crater718 is a splendid one to behold

People on GM are already calling her "Anaconda"!
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 12:14 AM   #37
country flag goOudinUSA

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Wow!! Usue Great debut!

2014 Season
TT: Singles (0); Doubles (3) - Hong Kong w/catgamer, Grenoble w/catgamer, Santa Margherita Di Pula w/catgamer
PAW: Hobart
Q-Ball: Shenzhen
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 12:42 AM   #38
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Unbelievable! Qualify!
moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 03:43 AM   #39
country flag Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer is a glorious beacon of light Day Dreamer is a glorious beacon of light Day Dreamer is a glorious beacon of light Day Dreamer is a glorious beacon of light Day Dreamer is a glorious beacon of light Day Dreamer is a glorious beacon of light Day Dreamer is a glorious beacon of light Day Dreamer is a glorious beacon of light Day Dreamer is a glorious beacon of light Day Dreamer is a glorious beacon of light Day Dreamer is a glorious beacon of light
College Park’s Arconada wins in straight sets in a qualifier for the Citi Open

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...d3a_story.html
Quote:
Fourteen-year-old wild card Usue Maitane Arconada did not expect to be playing in the 2013 Citi Open qualifiers, let alone win her first professional level match.

“I actually found out [about the wild card] yesterday,” said Arconada, who rallied to defeat Argentina’s Maria Irigoyen, 7-5, 6-3, after falling behind 4-1 in the first set. “I was very excited and a little nervous in the beginning.”

Arconada lost in the third round of the USTA National Clay Court Championships in Virginia Beach in her most recent tournament just a few weeks ago. But against Irigoyen, it was easy to forget that Arconada, a member of College Park’s Junior Tennis Champions Center, was in unfamiliar territory. Her focus and intensity belies her young age and unimposing — she is 5 feet 2 — stature.

Arconada’s powerful groundstrokes and backhands down the line — her favorite shot — were too much for Irigoyen, a 26-year-old ranked No. 174 in the world.

“I was just being aggressive and stepping in the line,” said Arconada, who models her game after seven-time Grand Slam winner Justine Henin of Belgium. “I just believed in myself that I could do it.”

Arconada was born in Argentina but lived in Puerto Rico until 2008, when she moved to Florida to train with her Argentine coach Luis Brest. She has since bounced around to Atlanta, where she first met her current coach, Frank Salazar, and followed him to the Tennis Center at College Park about a year and a half ago.

“College Park is a great place,” said Arconada, who now calls Washington her home and is representing the United States at tournaments. “I have my own personal training. I have four coaches on top of me. They help me out a lot with everything. All the coaches are so great. I really love it there.”

With Salazar and several of her fellow College Park players looking on, Arconada hit winner after winner to overwhelm Irigoyen, who was constantly on the defensive. After winning six of the final seven games in the first set, Arconada raced out to a 3-0 lead in the second set and finished the match with a forehand winner down the line.

“Today was a big thing for me to realize that I can [play] at this level and I just have to believe in myself a little more,” she said.

Arconada next will face American Alexandra Mueller, a 6-0, 6-1 winner over compatriot Ashley Weinhold.

Note: Those advancing to the final round of the qualifiers include Virginia alumni Jamere Jenkins, the 2013 ITA player of the year, and 2008 graduate Somdev Devvarman of India. American Rhyne Williams, who played at Tennessee, also won. U-Va. standout Mitchell Frank took the court after a lengthy rain delay and his match did not end in time for this edition. On the women’s side, Americans Victoria Duval, Alexandra Mueller and Jessica Pegula advanced.
Day Dreamer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 04:53 AM   #40
BlueTrees

Thanks for the article!

Here's a video interview after her win.

Old Jul 28th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #41
country flag goOudinUSA

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, Usue lost to Mueller 16 16.

2014 Season
TT: Singles (0); Doubles (3) - Hong Kong w/catgamer, Grenoble w/catgamer, Santa Margherita Di Pula w/catgamer
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 04:29 AM   #42
BlueTrees

Bad luck, but this event was still a great experience for Usue.
Old Jul 29th, 2013, 05:15 AM   #43
country flag goOudinUSA

I hope she uses the experience and confidence from this and translate it into her junior tournaments.

2014 Season
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 08:03 AM   #44
BlueTrees

US Open, New York, USA, GA

Q1: (12)Usue Maitane Arconada (USA) df. (WC)Yumeka Maeda (JPN) 6-1 6-2
Q2: (12)Usue Maitane Arconada (USA) df. (7)Beatrice Lombardo (ITA) 3-6 6-4 7-6(5)

R1: (Q)Usue Maitane Arconada (USA) vs. Katie Boulter (GBR)

---

Usue's qualified for the US Open!
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 08:28 PM   #45
country flag goOudinUSA

Usue

2014 Season