Mirjana's 2013 Down Under swing - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:11 PM   #226
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mirjana's 2013 Down Under swing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
You mean because they got W.O.? Hope it's not true because that rule would leave a lot of space for calculations at times.
And also if it is Mirjana just stayed in Australia 5-6 days longer(from her R1 doubles match), earned no points and played 3 games.
Yes. If no point are played, you don't get points or prize money for winning the round
Advertisement

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 01:38 AM   #227
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, I just thought I'd come here and let you know about the AO R1 match between Lucie and Mirjana...obviously I'm a Lucie fan so I was cheering for her and I watched the whole match, but I just thought I'd let you know Mirjana played really really well. It was actually one of the highest quality matches I saw the whole time I was in Melbourne. There was some insane hitting from both and some really big rallies, and Mirjana's backhand was actually more damaging than her forehand. The only reason Lucie won was because she was tougher on the big points...in the TB she barely missed, and she started hitting winners everywhere from 2-4 to 6-4. I dunno if you saw any match report but thought I'd let you know. You can ask me any questions about it if you like.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 10:08 AM   #228
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

Wow great to hear and so nice from you to let us know.
How Mirjana serve looked like and how high do you think she could go with this game she played against Lucie?

And, yes this are Mirjana's next 3 tournaments:
ITF Midland
WTA Memphis
WTA Florinapolis
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 10:14 AM   #229
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

She served well tbh, she was hitting corners and her 2nd serve which I thought would be more of a problem was good...because she was being really aggressive on it but barely double faulted until she did twice in the last game. I think the way she played in that match she could be a solid top 50 at worst if I'm honest, she was really playing well and it was such a high quality match. I've never seen so many balls just go over the net but still be so deep from both girls consistently in rallies.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #230
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

Also, Lucie didn't play that well in R2 or Jovanovski was so good?
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #231
country flag Davodus

Lucie sucked she got distressed by the heat and she could hardly move. Totally different person to the first round.

Old Jan 27th, 2013, 02:50 PM   #232
country flag Lucas Zarich

Lucas Zarich is an unknown quantity at this point

In ITF web site (http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/pla...009551)Mirjana Lucic Career High Singles N°2 (31/12/1996)

But if:

Mirjana Lucic in 1996 Year End Rank Juniors was N°2 (N°1 Mauresmo(FRA))

Then win "Australian Hardcourt Championships" Grade 1 (18/1/1997)
Then win "Australian Open Junior Championships" Grade A (26/1/1997) (in singles and doubles).

Was she N°1 in february 1997?

Lučić turned professional in April 1997 at the age of 15 (born 9 march 1982) and:

win Bol WTA Title (Tier IV & V now International)(4 may 1997)
Runnerup Strasbourg WTA Title (Tier III, now Premier)(24 may 1997)(lost with Steffi Graff)
Lucas Zarich is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 07:59 AM   #233
ajmo!

Singles ranking: #114
Doubles: #135
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #234
country flag MLF

MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute MLF has a reputation beyond repute

She's frustratingly just a couple of decent draws away from being top 100 in singles. She's nearly top 100 in doubles almost by accident. Money and success to be had there provided physically she feels up to it.
MLF is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 09:34 AM   #235
ajmo!

Mirjana will need one player ahead of her to pull out from Midland list to be seeded. Malek is ahead in ranking from this week.
Also, there will be live stream.
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #236
country flag Krijes Sedam

Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice Krijes Sedam is just really nice

10 pages of talks, for 2 matches in total in "down under", with 100% losses
sorry, guys, just a bit trolling from my side
Krijes Sedam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #237
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

As gritty/solid as her singles game appears to have been Down Under (and let us remember she was pretty much getting waxed by people like Larriere and a then low-ranked Lisicki the years before this), I'm guessing she'll be well-prepared for the key upcoming three opportunities in Midland, Memphis, and especially Brasil. Weather's been unseasonably warm in Florida for putting a lot of productive practice-hours on the courts and, as everyone saw, Mirjana is almost certainly in the best physical shape of her career.

Truly she has put in the work. Let's hope she can put a lot of the girls in these three upcoming fields through their paces. The fields are ripe for the picking. The travel is going to be stressful, but she has a HUGE opportunity to vault into the Top 100 if she brings the focus.

Would obviously love to see her get on a roll (the right kind of roll) now and carry it all the way through to Wimby.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 06:07 PM   #238
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

Glad Midland has a livestream this year. In past years, they didn't even have livescoring, much less livestreaming. Encouraging words about the Safarova match as well. If she's in good form as it sounds, she should be able to do damage at Midland and Memphis, I believe she's a better player on Indoor than Outdoor hard.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #239
ajmo!

Mirjana will face a player from qualies in Midland R1. She's 7th seed and should be able to get to QF or maybe even SF with form she showed in first two matches of the year (yes, she lost, but closely to two better players than almost any in this draw).
In doubles not lucky with draw. She and Czink will face 1 seeded Dekmeijere/Foretz Gacon but I would say it's at least an open match.
GL!
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #240
country flag WhatTheDeuce
11/11/11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute

New thread?
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote