PEAK on CLAY: Ivanovic vs Kuzzy vs Jankovic vs Safina - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: peak on clay?

Ivanovic 39 31.97%
Kuzzy 61 50.00%
JJ 7 5.74%
Safina 15 12.30%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 1st, 2012, 01:48 PM   #46
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PEAK on CLAY: Ivanovic vs Kuzzy vs Jankovic vs Safina

Why are people saying Safina>Ivanovic? Did you not see the RG final? Ivanovic was hardly in stellar form and still managed to out-play Safina in a routine fashion.

Ivanovic had an actual killer shot on clay that would and did disable Safina. Once she hit her forehand with enough width and pace, Safina could do nothing.

Safina's 'peak' on clay is centred around her immensely physical, gruelling grinding game, hitting a heavy ball with thick margins and eventually out-lasting her opponents.

Kuznetsova and Ivanovic had immediate weaponry, that could break open and finish a rally. Safina and Jankovic never had that kind of luxury.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 1st, 2012, 05:32 PM   #47
Ana'sProcess

Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute Ana'sProcess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjason View Post
I would say Kuzzy > Safina > Jankovic > Ivanovic
Sorry, but this is epic fail.
Ana'sProcess is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2012, 08:28 PM   #48
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobito View Post
Oops! I forgot about that. I stand corrected. I'd still back Kuzzy at her best though.
Didn't Justine pick Sveta to win RG after she retired?
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 02:29 AM   #49
country flag Say Hey Kid

Say Hey Kid is just really nice Say Hey Kid is just really nice Say Hey Kid is just really nice Say Hey Kid is just really nice Say Hey Kid is just really nice Say Hey Kid is just really nice Say Hey Kid is just really nice Say Hey Kid is just really nice Say Hey Kid is just really nice Say Hey Kid is just really nice Say Hey Kid is just really nice

The sad thing is, Ana's peak was when she was so young. If she stuck with her game instead of being obsessed with losing weight, looking good, and obsessing with fashion..who knows what her peak would have been.

In 2009 when Safrina was on, I thought surely she would capture the RG title. the Oddsmaker made her a heavy favorite vs Kuznetsova. It wasn't to be for her. I think Safina's peak was better than Kuznetsova's. However, Dinara was never able to play her best tennis when it mattered most.

A mental midget in every sense of the word, when Kuzzy was cool as ice.

Ana, Dinara, and Kuzzy are all close here.

JJ shouldn't even be in this poll.
Say Hey Kid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #50
country flag indicapuja

indicapuja is a splendid one to behold indicapuja is a splendid one to behold indicapuja is a splendid one to behold indicapuja is a splendid one to behold indicapuja is a splendid one to behold indicapuja is a splendid one to behold indicapuja is a splendid one to behold indicapuja is a splendid one to behold indicapuja is a splendid one to behold indicapuja is a splendid one to behold indicapuja is a splendid one to behold

Sveta >> Dinara >> Jelena / Ana
indicapuja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #51
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

When Sveta is playing her best the only person that could've stopped her on clay would be Henin....
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #52
country flag fluffyelloballz
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold fluffyelloballz is a splendid one to behold

Ivanovic slightly edges Sveta for me.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/07/serena...o-save-season/
Serena Williams needs a Great U.S Open Series to Save Season
fluffyelloballz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 06:11 AM   #53
country flag Steffibestever

Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice

Kuznetsova and Ivanovic both could be argued. When Ana was at her peak she was even beating Kuznetsova in big matches on hard courts (when Kuznetsova was also roughly at her peak), so the idea Kuznetsova would have it easy on clay vs Ivanovic is false. Thinking Safina at her peak is better than Ivanovic at hers on clay is purely delusional. The 2008 French Open final was by a huge margin Safina`s best performance ever she would have in a slam final and she still got her butt kicked pretty easily by Ana.
Steffibestever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 06:35 AM   #54
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by indicapuja View Post
Sveta >> Dinara >> Jelena / Ana
Put down that ganja son .

Anyway I think Ana-Svetlana-Dinara-Maria would've been a better poll than having Lady Jaja in.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote