Here we go again: Florida teen killed in dispute over loud music - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 8th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #61
country flag Sweety Darling

Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of Sweety Darling has much to be proud of
Re: Here we go again: Florida teen killed in dispute over loud music

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
Would you please shut your tired, nothing to offer ass the hell up? There's no worse a troll than the kind who thinks he's witty and clever and isn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD View Post
You can tell that that poster is VERY young, and has a limited understanding of the real world and the stark reality of the issue.
I'm sure that he/she will learn one way or another though.
You're both as childish as each other
Sweety Darling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 8th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #62
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweety Darling View Post
You're both as childish as each other
They've both excellent projectors.
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 06:48 AM   #63
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
really? Well, they say it's the quintessential expression of freedom, the 'right to arm' They forget that that concept was espoused during the 1960-80s by the NRA
what kind of freedom is that? the gun is a dangerous possession which can even drive a sage towards madness in a minute of rage......

NRA of USA adopting that concept reminds me of the idiotic helmet rule in india.....when indian congress took to power in 2004 after almost 6 years, they wanted some money straightaway......so they brought in the mandatory helmet rule and forced citizens to buy helmets and filled their pockets under the name of "right to protection for two-wheeler users"......

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 02:20 PM   #64
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
Second Amendment is plain on its face.

Tampa Tribune has an article on-line about Stand Your Ground, and it's shocking, people have used it successfully to run after someone and shoot them in the back, multiple shootings in the back, gang violence, gang people walk, two guys fall in the water fighting, the one climbs out, the other shoots him in the back. Maybe these two guys will use it successfully.
link? trying to find it but no success

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #65

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know how to post links from a Mac, try googling "Tampa stand your ground" or something, I found it that way.
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #66
country flag BuTtErFrEnA
Rena's Army

BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute BuTtErFrEnA has a reputation beyond repute

oh thanks found it

I shall destroy the temple, and rebuild it in 3 days
BuTtErFrEnA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #67
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Posted: 2:23 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7, 2012

Father of teen killed over loud music will fight 'stand your ground' defense

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The father of a Jacksonville teenager who was killed for listening to loud music in a car said he'll fight the suspect's stand your ground defense if it's used.

Ron Davis' son, Jordan, died over the Thanksgiving holiday after investigators said Michael Dunn of Brevard County shot him at a gas station because Jordan Davis wouldn't turn down the music in his car.

Dunn said he felt threatened and pleaded not guilty to murder and attempted murder charges last week.

The case has drawn comparisons to the Trayvon martin case, but the differences are significant.

Unlike the Martin case, several people witnessed this shooting, and there was no scuffle before 17-year-old Jordan Davis was shot to death. And notably, Dunn was arrested a day later.

Dunn is charged with murder and attempted murder in the shooting.

The 45-year-old Dunn parked beside the sport utility vehicle occupied by Jordan Davis and three other young men and told them to turn the music down, police said.

Dunn exchanged words with Davis, who was in the back seat, and started firing.

Dunn later told police he felt threatened. His attorney has said Dunn saw a gun and shot in self-defense, perhaps laying the ground work for a case under Florida's stand your ground law.

Since the shooting, Davis' family has received an outpouring of support from the community. A "Justice for Jordan" Facebook page was set up and his classmates gathered at a memorial service with T-shirts showing Davis' smiling face.

Fire trucks saluted him by spraying water over an airplane carrying his body to Atlanta while it was on the runway. The teen's mother lives near Marietta, and a funeral is scheduled for Davis Saturday at the Trinity Chapel Church of God in Powder Springs.

Davis' father said his son was a typical high school junior who was getting ready to start his first job at McDonald's, looking forward to buying his first car and turning 18 early next year. He had a "million-dollar smile" and liked music, listening to mostly rap but also the sounds of his dad's generation, including James Brown and The Temptations.

Standing over his son's casket, Ron Davis promised to fight laws that allow people to carry guns outside of their homes.

"Law enforcement should be the only people who should have guns on the street," he said. "That's what's killing our kids more than anything."

Police said they didn't find a weapon in the SUV with the young men, and Ron Davis said he doesn't believe Dunn's claim that he saw a gun. He thinks Dunn is searching for an explanation.

"They were just 17-year-old kids that were having a good time, coming from the mall," he said.

The shooting has revived the debate over Florida's "stand your ground" law, which allows people to use deadly force if they believe their life is in imminent danger. Dunn's attorney hasn't said whether she will argue the shooting was justified under the statute.

The law came under harsh criticism after Martin was shot in February by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, who believed the teenager was acting suspicious. Martin and Zimmerman got into a fight and Zimmerman said he thought Martin was reaching for his gun. Authorities didn't arrest Zimmerman for more than a month after the shooting, adding to the furor.

"This case is so far from Trayvon Martin's case," Ron Davis said.

University of Miami law professor Tamara Lave, who has closely followed the Martin case, agreed.

"I don't see how he is going to prevail under 'stand your ground,'" Lave, a former public defender in San Diego for 10 years, said of Dunn. "You're allowed to own a gun. Even if there was a gun in the car, that doesn't mean the gun was used to threaten him in any way."

The shooting unfolded about 7:40 p.m. when Dunn stopped at the gas station with his girlfriend after going to his son's wedding, police said. Dunn's girlfriend went into the store, and he told the young men to turn the music down.

"It was loud, they admitted that, but that's not a reason for someone to open fire on them and take action," Jacksonville Sheriff's Lt. Rob Schoonover said.

Dunn fired eight or nine shots into the car and Davis was hit a couple of times, police said. Dunn's girlfriend ran outside.

"When she came out, she said, 'What's going on?' and supposedly his statement was, 'I just fired at these kids,'" Schoonover said. "At that time I don't know if he knew that he struck anyone in the vehicle."

Dunn and his girlfriend drove off and spent the night at a hotel. Dunn was arrested a day later at his home in Satellite Beach, about 160 miles away, when police tracked his license plate.

He told detectives he had been in the process of turning himself in to a neighbor, who was in law enforcement.

"His side of the story is he felt threatened and that is the reason he took action," Schoonover said.

Dunn was described by police as a gun collector who shot at local ranges. His attorney, Robin Lemonidis, told The Florida Times-Union her client "absolutely" saw someone with a shotgun in the SUV. She only said "we'll see" if Florida's "stand your ground" law would be part of her defense.

Police didn't know if Dunn had a concealed weapons permit, but said he had the gun for a "long period of time."

Lemonidis told the newspaper Dunn was "devastated that anyone was harmed in this instance."

Police said they were looking into whether alcohol was a factor, but didn't know. Lemonidis said it was not. An assistant for her said she did not want talk more about the case more until the trial.

WFTV (http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...ht-stan/nTQDM/)

Related: People turning up their radios to remember Jordon Davis

Hug an SDS sufferer, today.
JN is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #68
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

I still don't know why you want to start something with a carload of teenage boys who are being typical teenage boys. I know damn well at least one of my sons has cruised around with the stereo turned up loud enough to sterilize lab rats at 50 paces because I've heard them drive off.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 11:18 PM   #69
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
I still don't know why you want to start something with a carload of teenage boys who are being typical teenage boys. I know damn well at least one of my sons has cruised around with the stereo turned up loud enough to sterilize lab rats at 50 paces because I've heard them drive off.
We may find something along the lines of Mr. Michael Dunn simply having a bad day and needing an let off some steam, or possibly a mental illness of some sort.
What we know for sure at this point, is that Mr. Dunn didn't see fit to remain on the scene and await authorities, nor did he or his companion call 911. Moreover, he sought lodging 150 miles away.
It certainly doesn't look good for him no matter of one's perspective.
I think as public outcry increases, the Florida legislature will be pressured to do something about their mistake in passing the "Stand Your Ground" law. Maybe a repeal is in order.
And hopefully other states with similar laws will act in a proactive way before more lives are senselessly lost.
Honestly, the law makes no sense to begin with, as many gun owners who carry do so out of pure fear.
There is often no background check done, nor psychiatric evaluation(s) performed. And let's be frank here...
It essentially takes considerable thought to go from reaching for a gun, aiming it at someone, and pulling the trigger 8 or 9 times. There is significant intent to do lethal harm.

I guess we shall see what transpires from this point on.
Will the Florida legislature act in a timely manner, or act at all?
Will legal authorities and the court system give this case the proper attention?
Will more senseless deaths occur before anything is done?
These are all questions that I have at the moment, and I am not holding my breath that any of these will be addressed any time soon.
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 12:45 AM   #70
country flag Salve

Salve has a reputation beyond repute Salve has a reputation beyond repute Salve has a reputation beyond repute Salve has a reputation beyond repute Salve has a reputation beyond repute Salve has a reputation beyond repute Salve has a reputation beyond repute Salve has a reputation beyond repute Salve has a reputation beyond repute Salve has a reputation beyond repute Salve has a reputation beyond repute

Oh the yts....
Salve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #71
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Beyond Trayvon: Black and Unarmed

These 17 sad stories prove that it's nothing new for a black man without a weapon to be killed.

Captions by: Jenée Desmond-Harris

Ervin Jefferson

There are still unanswered questions about this case, unfolding a month after Trayvon Martin's shooting. But police have confirmed that the 18-year-old Jefferson was shot and killed by two security guards -- also African American -- outside his Atlanta home on Saturday, March 24, 2012. His mother says he was unarmed and trying to protect his sister from a crowd that was threatening her.

Continued @ TheRoot (http://www.theroot.com/multimedia/be...ck-and-unarmed)

Hug an SDS sufferer, today.
JN is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 02:59 PM   #72

You guys never keep up with these stories. The charges have been upgraded to first degree murder by a grand jury, but prosecutors are not seeking the death penalty.
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 04:38 AM   #73
country flag Stamp Paid
Sir Camaraderie

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Because the man in a racist!

██████████████████ʘ
Ashe. Gibson. Williams. Williams.
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 05:24 AM   #74
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
Because the man in a racist!
I think that is part of the problem. But I think having a handgun had something to do with it, too. And possibly other factors. Most racist/bigoted idiots don't just shoot people, or actively seek out confrontation with them.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 06:55 AM   #75
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think that is part of the problem. But I think having a handgun had something to do with it, too. And possibly other factors. Most racist/bigoted idiots don't just shoot people, or actively seek out confrontation with them.
Obama winning the election?

There are still a lot of pissed off people out there.
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote