Which world #5 is the best player at her peak? Hantuchova, Chakvetadze or Kerber? - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which world #5 is the best player at her peak? Hantuchova, Chakvetadze or Kerber?

Daniela Hantuchova 75 40.76%
Anna Chakvetadze 47 25.54%
Angelique Kerber 62 33.70%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 29th, 2012, 11:25 PM   #91
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which world #5 is the best player at her peak? Hantuchova, Chakvetadze or Kerber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktymise View Post
Even though I think Kerber's level this year is better than almost anything that the other two have ever produced, I would still say that Chakvetadze is the most talented tennis player of all three though; You can't teach the kind of instincts for the game that she had.
This.

Despite all the 'RADWANSKA IS LIKE HINGIS!!!111', Chaky in her prime was the only player of recent years who resembled Hingis's level of footwork, early-racquet-prepration, sense of placement and court-sense etc.

Hantuchova is so overrated on this forum. Proof that TF will forgive a multitude of sins when someone hits a pretty, clean ball.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 30th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #92
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which world #5 is the best player at her peak? Hantuchova, Chakvetadze or Kerber?

There is no doubt that Chakvetadze is the most talented.

But Kerber has had the best results and I see her ending her career with the most impressive results/achievements.
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #93
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Kerber for me.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 10:15 PM   #94
MakarovaFan

MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future

Again other thread were favoritism/results get confused with actual PEAK play.

Anna C's peak level was a mix of Hingis/Radwanska but with bigger ground strokes. It's a real shame the trauma and then injuries hit so soon after her peak, because results/achievments wise she far trails both girls and therefore the more dense TF users will vote against her. Anna was never gonna be a world no.1 or GS winner, but considering the point of THIS thread she was by far the best.
New Breed: Maria,Anastasia Myskina,Nicole,Ana,Tatiana Golovin,Jelena J,Iveta Benesova,Olga Poutchkova,Camille Pin,Maria Kirilenko,Alonya Bondarenko,Meilen Tu,Sania Mirza,Rezai,Ashley H,Tataina Poutchek,Sandra Kloesel,Klara Z,Mirjana Lucic,Dominka Cibulkova,Emauelle Gagliardi,Jelena Kostanic,Iroda,Martina Sucha,Raluca Olaru,Kveta,Marta D,Bethanie,Bychkova

Lilia Osterloh,Viktoriya Kutuzova,Yurika Sema,Anastasia Pivavrova(?),Stanislava Hrozenska,Marie-Eve,Zsofia,Angelika Roesch,Sunitha Rao,Anne Keothavang,Olivia Sanchez,Angela Haynes,Alex S,Jelena Dokic,Rosana De Los Rios,Kristina Brandi,Eva Fislova,Lindsay Lee

Elena Makarova,Anna K, Capriati,Lindsay,Henrieta Nagyova,Anca Barna,Petra Mandula,Jana Kandarr,
MakarovaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #95
MakarovaFan

MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future MakarovaFan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTennisFan View Post

Kerber is probably the best mover out of her crop.... she is certaintly one of the best movers currently on tour.

She also hits a mean ball.... her back of the court game is arguably the strongest of the three.

Kerber's weakness is her abysmal second serve.

As long as she learns to beef that shot up... she should be around in the top 10 for quite some time (barring injury or something similar).

That she has done as much as she has with such an attackable serve proves how good the rest of her game must be.
It's only strong when she is playing power players....Kerber struggles mightly against 'competent' players that lack pace(Errani,Aga) and can be easily destroyed by power players that don't get lulled by her off brand game. Mind you, Kerber def has skills and rightfully deserves her top 5 rank BUT peak versus peak versus peak i feel her game isn't the strongest of the 3.

Chakvetadze would dismantle Hantuchova through her poor movement and Anna's great precision and countering skills; Chakvetadze would out steady Kerber being that Kerber struggles with other off brand players who lack big power. And Kerber would beat Daniela by feeding off her low flat drives and moving her around the court and tracking down all her balls which would lead to Daniela pressing.
Anna-Kerber-Daniela
New Breed: Maria,Anastasia Myskina,Nicole,Ana,Tatiana Golovin,Jelena J,Iveta Benesova,Olga Poutchkova,Camille Pin,Maria Kirilenko,Alonya Bondarenko,Meilen Tu,Sania Mirza,Rezai,Ashley H,Tataina Poutchek,Sandra Kloesel,Klara Z,Mirjana Lucic,Dominka Cibulkova,Emauelle Gagliardi,Jelena Kostanic,Iroda,Martina Sucha,Raluca Olaru,Kveta,Marta D,Bethanie,Bychkova

Lilia Osterloh,Viktoriya Kutuzova,Yurika Sema,Anastasia Pivavrova(?),Stanislava Hrozenska,Marie-Eve,Zsofia,Angelika Roesch,Sunitha Rao,Anne Keothavang,Olivia Sanchez,Angela Haynes,Alex S,Jelena Dokic,Rosana De Los Rios,Kristina Brandi,Eva Fislova,Lindsay Lee

Elena Makarova,Anna K, Capriati,Lindsay,Henrieta Nagyova,Anca Barna,Petra Mandula,Jana Kandarr,
MakarovaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2012, 10:31 PM   #96
country flag Madoka

Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future Madoka has a brilliant future

hantuchova by far, kerber the worse, by far.

Auf gehts meine deutschen scrubs

PAW Titles : Dubai '14, Charleston '14, Bastad '14

FITD Titles : Istanbul '14
Madoka is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2012, 10:42 PM   #97
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

I miss anna, you can all go back to pretending hantuchova would have won slams now 'if she weren't a mental midget'!!!!11!!!111!!!!1!!one!!!1

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 12:08 AM   #98
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

Hantuchova is such a joke. When was her time to win slams? 2002, yeah she ain't beating the Williams or Kim. 2003, yeah no again.
2004, yeah no. 2005, yeah no. 2006, yeah no. 2007, yeah no. 2008, nope. 2009 nope.

Clean strokes, mid-level power, excellent placement/precision, but she can be weathered.

Horrible movement, can't defend against the multitude of players that hit harder than her (almost all of them have excellent H2Hs with her, Serena, Venus, Kvitova, Davenport, Sharapova, etc.)

Serve is just mediocre. Doesn't DF a lot but doesn't hit aces either. Decent placement, but nothing to be worried about. Second serve predictable and attackable.

Overrated. Even her peak tennis isn't that impressive.
Smitten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 02:39 AM   #99
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

sammy01
King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 04:57 AM   #100
country flag tenisamulo

tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute tenisamulo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakarovaFan View Post
Again other thread were favoritism/results get confused with actual PEAK play.

Anna C's peak level was a mix of Hingis/Radwanska but with bigger ground strokes. It's a real shame the trauma and then injuries hit so soon after her peak, because results/achievments wise she far trails both girls and therefore the more dense TF users will vote against her. Anna was never gonna be a world no.1 or GS winner, but considering the point of THIS thread she was by far the best.
Yeah, alright, but it seems strange to even include Kerber in the list as we have no idea what her peak is, or if it's been achieved. She will likely remain in the top 10 longer than the other two. But who knows at this point. For the most part this has been a thread of "what ifs" vs. "maybe".
tenisamulo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 08:14 AM   #101
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Chakvetadze at her peak year Her angles and change of directions are superb

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 08:27 AM   #102
country flag Otlichno
Hammer of Thor

Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitten View Post
Hantuchova is such a joke. When was her time to win slams? 2002, yeah she ain't beating the Williams or Kim. 2003, yeah no again.
2004, yeah no. 2005, yeah no. 2006, yeah no. 2007, yeah no. 2008, nope. 2009 nope.

Clean strokes, mid-level power, excellent placement/precision, but she can be weathered.

Horrible movement, can't defend against the multitude of players that hit harder than her (almost all of them have excellent H2Hs with her, Serena, Venus, Kvitova, Davenport, Sharapova, etc.)

Serve is just mediocre. Doesn't DF a lot but doesn't hit aces either. Decent placement, but nothing to be worried about. Second serve predictable and attackable.

Overrated. Even her peak tennis isn't that impressive.
And? People voting for Hantuchova aren't talking about how "great" she is, just that she's better than Chakvetadze and Kerber.
Otlichno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 09:00 AM   #103
country flag Steffibestever

Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice Steffibestever is just really nice

Chakvatedze in her best year ever (2007) was probably the 8th best player in the World behind Henin, Serena, Sharapova, Venus, Kuznetsova, Ivanovic, and Jankovic, regardless of her ranking of #6 above Serena and Venus she was obviously not better than at the time in reality.

Hantuchova in her best year ever (2002) was somewhere from the 8th best player in the World behind Serena, Venus, Davenport, Sharapova, Mauresmo, Capriati, Clijsters. Some might disagree but I think by years end she had surpassed both Hingis and Seles in present ability, and was also ahead of Dokic and Rubin, even though Rubin had probably her career year that year. I believe her year end rank like Chakvetadze was higher than that, but WTA rankings are often meaningless anyway.

Kerber right now I would say is the 9th best player in World behind Serena, Sharapova, Azarenka, Radwanska, Stosur, Errani, Na, and Kvitova. Again not as good as her actual rank suggests.

So at their best all held roughly the same position in the game. Hantuchova held this position at a much tougher time for the womens game though. The 2002 field > the 2007 field > the 2012 field, and with all holding basically the same position in the game by extension peak Hantuchova > peak Chakvatedze > peak Kerber.
Steffibestever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote