Which world #5 is the best player at her peak? Hantuchova, Chakvetadze or Kerber? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which world #5 is the best player at her peak? Hantuchova, Chakvetadze or Kerber?

Daniela Hantuchova 75 40.76%
Anna Chakvetadze 47 25.54%
Angelique Kerber 62 33.70%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 27th, 2012, 02:32 AM   #31
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which world #5 is the best player at her peak? Hantuchova, Chakvetadze or Kerber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joana View Post
It says so much about Hantuchova that apparently the best match of her career is the one she ended up losing.

It's Kerber, quite easily.
That's what I'm saying

Someone will probs post HL of her FO win over Woz in response.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 27th, 2012, 02:49 AM   #32
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which world #5 is the best player at her peak? Hantuchova, Chakvetadze or Kerber?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joana View Post
It says so much about Hantuchova that apparently the best match of her career is the one she ended up losing.

It's Kerber, quite easily.
tbf she often imploded in matches she should have win and ended up losing some despite playing great tennis (like a match vs venus some years ago)but she was not always on the losing end for her whole career.She also had big wins (for example in 2002 she dismanteled Henin and Hingis ot win Indian wells and beat henin again in a final set tb at the USO).
And as Griffin nicely pointed out (), when she feels like it she can still gift to the tennis world some gems like this one :

(too bad woz managed to dubiously avoid the bagel though)
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 03:05 AM   #33
country flag JCTennisFan

JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by homogenius View Post
tbf she often imploded in matches she should have win and ended up losing some despite playing great tennis (like a match vs venus some years ago)but she was not always on the losing end for her whole career.She also had big wins (for example in 2002 she dismanteled Henin and Hingis ot win Indian wells and beat henin again in a final set tb at the USO).
And as Griffin nicely pointed out (), when she feels like it she can still gift to the tennis world some gems like this one :

(too bad woz managed to dubiously avoid the bagel though)
IMHO this video is more a show of how a B-level Powerplayer can take the control of rallies against Woz and boss her around rather than a show of how nice Hantuchova's game can be.

Not enough weapons and too slow a mover to be much more than what she has been. Even still though she has accomplished alot and has much to be proud of.

Last edited by JCTennisFan : Nov 27th, 2012 at 06:53 AM.
JCTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 04:46 AM   #34
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

Hantuchova.

But we've seen the best of Hantuchova. Kerber has YEARS of upside left. Ask this again in three years.
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 05:21 AM   #35
UDACHi

UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute UDACHi has a reputation beyond repute

my 100% biased vote goes to chakvetadze. as for the others: kerber could still improve, it's definitely early to be putting her with 2 players who will never get to #4. hantuchova is just so overrated on here because of her flashy game and huge fanbase.
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 05:25 AM   #36
country flag Arthur.

Arthur. is a glorious beacon of light Arthur. is a glorious beacon of light Arthur. is a glorious beacon of light Arthur. is a glorious beacon of light Arthur. is a glorious beacon of light Arthur. is a glorious beacon of light Arthur. is a glorious beacon of light Arthur. is a glorious beacon of light Arthur. is a glorious beacon of light Arthur. is a glorious beacon of light Arthur. is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana View Post
Hantuchova.

But we've seen the best of Hantuchova. Kerber has YEARS of upside left. Ask this again in three years.
I agree
For sure it is not Chakvetadze. Kerber, who is in my opinion not at her Peak, is currently a better player than Anna was in her most glorious moments.
Arthur. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 07:12 AM   #37
Harry.

Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute Harry. has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's hard to compare Kerber with the other two, only because she still has so much more to give. But I'd definitely say Hantuchova. She'd really have been higher than no. 5 if she sorted her head out. When she's on, she just strikes such a clean ball. She can pretty much beat anyone when she's on.

Like this:
Harry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 07:38 AM   #38
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Code:
36 2005 LUXEMBOURG HARD R16D. Hantuchova6-4 6-119 (5)
34 2006 WARSAWCLAY R16 A.Chakvetadze6-4 6-316 (9)
10 (7) 2007 OME CLAY R16 D. Hantuchova6-3 6-314 (9)
8 (3) 2007'S-HERTOGENBOSCH GRASSS A.Chakvetadze6-3 6-410 (5)
7 (1) 2007 STANFORD HARDS A.Chakvetadze6-7(6) 6-3 6-212 (3)
23 (22) 2009 MIAMIHARD R64 A.Chakvetadze6-3 6-143
51 2011 DUBAI HARD R64 A.Chakvetadze6-1 6-329
Even when she was off form she was still winning in straight sets

Last edited by King Halep : Nov 27th, 2012 at 12:51 PM.
King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 08:54 AM   #39
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

chakvetadze easily
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 09:30 AM   #40
country flag markdelaney

markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future

Chakvetadze had one exceptional year where draws fell very kindly to her, to vastly exaggerate her ranking. She beat only 2 Top25 players (Schnyder and Peer) In making QF AUS + French plus the semis of the US in her peak year 2007. I never saw anything in her game to suggest she could stay in the top 5

Hantuchova only beat one top 20 player in 2008 and had nobody ranked higher than 26 on the way to the semi finals of the AUS Open but in 2002 she beat Dokic and Henin to make QF of Wimbledon and US and was unfortunate enough to have Serena waiting for her in the last 8 each time

Kerber still has time to go one better but she could have peaked already . Time will tell.

I'd pick Daniela from 2002/2003. Her level then was higher than the other 2.
markdelaney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 09:51 AM   #41
country flag Tezuka.
Donna Rules.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
Code:
36 2005 LUXEMBOURG HARD R16D. Hantuchova6-4 6-119 (5)
34 2006 WARSAWCLAY R16 A.Chakvetadze6-4 6-316 (9)
10 (7) 2007 OME CLAY R16 D. Hantuchova6-3 6-314 (9)
8 (3) 2007'S-HERTOGENBOSCH GRASSS A.Chakvetadze6-3 6-410 (5)
7 (1) 2007 STANFORD HARDS A.Chakvetadze6-7(6) 6-3 6-212 (3)
23 (22) 2009 MIAMIHARD R64 A.Chakvetadze6-3 6-143
51 2011 DUBAI HARD R64 A.Chakvetadze6-1 6-329
Even when she was off form she was still winning in straight sets
Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 05:55 PM   #42
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Angelique Kerber

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #43
country flag monmonito

monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all monmonito is a name known to all

we can still see more for Kerber
Chakvetadze I dont know she looks like she's going to retire but hoping she can still play some big tournaments
Dani in terms of talent is the beter than the 2 players..problem is her movement but she still the best #5 I think

{Dominika Cibulkova}{Kim Clijsters}{Petra Kvitova}
{Magdalena Rybarikova}{Maria Sharapova}
monmonito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #44
country flag Otlichno
Hammer of Thor

Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute

In terms of who's game is the best at their peak. I think it's Daniela on any surface other than clay. Kerber on clay, though I think even Peak Kerber's serve is quite attackable.
Otlichno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #45
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Kind of hard to compare because while we've most likely seen the peaks of Daniela and Anna, Kerber still could improve next year (her serve has tons of room for improvement) so we're yet to actually see what peak Kerber is.
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote