Hingis, Navratilova to Play in Adelaide - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 07:17 AM   #16
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hingis, Navratilova to Play in Adelaide

Navratilova and Cash won their mixed doubles against Hingis and Willanders. Tie break! It was such an entertaining match and a really good crowd. It reminded me of when the Tour really was fun. The crowd appeared bigger for this than many main tournaments and it was great to hear the live commentary and discussions from the players.

I really do believe that there are some lessons the ATP and WTA could learn about breathing some life back into the tours - a good dose of 'fun' and variety would do neither any harm.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 08:29 AM   #17
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

legend please play more exhos, earn more money
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 08:57 AM   #18
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

http://lsh.streamhunter.eu/static/po...904317690.html

Great match so far.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #19
country flag petkoan

petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of

What a great event! They move so well and Hingis looks trim

Last edited by petkoan : Jan 9th, 2013 at 09:09 AM.
petkoan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #20
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkoan View Post
What a great event! They move so well and Hingis looks trim
Loved it. Great crowd. Navratilova's fantastic volleys and Hingis' touch and feel for the ball.
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #21
irinska

irinska is a name known to all irinska is a name known to all irinska is a name known to all irinska is a name known to all irinska is a name known to all irinska is a name known to all irinska is a name known to all irinska is a name known to all irinska is a name known to all irinska is a name known to all irinska is a name known to all

Great match, both haven't lost anything skillwise.Hingis looks fantastic and the crowd was great too!
irinska is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #22
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

I loved it. The crowd response to both Hingis and Navratilova was absolutely massive. They both got a bit of a standing ovation at the end (yes, I stood up too ), it was great to see, hope they come back next year.

Henri Leconte's whistling to Hingis. Then yelling out 'Go Martina!' resulting in both yelling 'WHICH ONE?' back. Not to mention the time where he took the bowl of food from a crowd member and brought it all the way to Navratilova.

Overall, it was wonderful.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #23
country flag Utautai

Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute

Only saw the last few games but it was really nice to still see some amazing volleying skills from both players.

愛是愚人的國度 不能自拔 不懂退出
我們都回不去最初 曾美麗 但還是不滿足
Utautai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #24
country flag Navratil

Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future Navratil has a brilliant future

Why is Eurosport leaving Adelaide right before that match?? :O
Navratil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #25
irinska

irinska is a name known to all irinska is a name known to all irinska is a name known to all irinska is a name known to all irinska is a name known to all irinska is a name known to all irinska is a name known to all irinska is a name known to all irinska is a name known to all irinska is a name known to all irinska is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navratil View Post
Why is Eurosport leaving Adelaide right before that match?? :O
It was live on Eurosport2.
irinska is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 05:03 PM   #26
country flag markhingis

markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of

where could I watch it or download?

Aga Radwańska * MARTA DOMACHOWSKA * Ula Radwańska
Martina Hingis - U R always on my mind
markhingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #27
barmaid

barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future barmaid has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula View Post
Navratilova and Cash won their mixed doubles against Hingis and Willanders. Tie break! It was such an entertaining match and a really good crowd. It reminded me of when the Tour really was fun. The crowd appeared bigger for this than many main tournaments and it was great to hear the live commentary and discussions from the players.

I really do believe that there are some lessons the ATP and WTA could learn about breathing some life back into the tours - a good dose of 'fun' and variety would do neither any harm.
Not that it matters, they are just there having fun but it was Hingis and Wilander that won the tie-breaker not the other way around. Hingis also won the singles match the next day against Navra (but that is to be expected) Hingis is about 20 years younger!

Barmaid
barmaid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 11:33 PM   #28
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmaid View Post
Hingis is about 20 years younger!
Barmaid
Almost 25 actually. BTW, if they had met at their peaks, Martina the older would have probably beaten her namesake in straight sets, especially on grass. And I love both
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 01:13 AM   #29
country flag Wimbledon9

Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of Wimbledon9 has much to be proud of

Cash and Navratilova really won the mixed doubles. Go look at youtube and see the last ball of Hingis that was out. Not that it matters as barmaid said but he wants to give all the matches to Hingis who is 24 years younger then Navratilova.

Strange that she is retired for such a long time.
Wimbledon9 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 10:04 AM   #30
country flag Utautai

Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute Utautai has a reputation beyond repute

Hingis/Bahrami just won Navratilova/Leconte 6-4 Fun stuff!
Mansour Bahrami is a talented sexy beast.
Hingis running back to baseline chasing a lob and hitting a tweener

愛是愚人的國度 不能自拔 不懂退出
我們都回不去最初 曾美麗 但還是不滿足
Utautai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote