MIMA!!! - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 07:25 PM   #46
country flag Keaka

Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute Keaka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: MIMA!!!

Mima Jausovec isn't the Slovenian fed cup captain anymore

http://sportal.siol.net/default.asp?...10702231652490
Keaka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 27th, 2007, 04:03 PM   #47
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

2 looks at Mima

1977 French final
http://www.ina.fr/archivespourtous/i...tal_notices=21

1978 French final-has close ups

http://www.ina.fr/archivespourtous/index.php?vue=notice&from=fulltext&mc=Jausovec,%20 Mima&num_notice=2&total_notices=5

Last edited by Rollo : Jun 27th, 2007 at 04:17 PM.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2007, 01:16 AM   #48
country flag jaytee

jaytee is just really nice jaytee is just really nice jaytee is just really nice jaytee is just really nice jaytee is just really nice jaytee is just really nice jaytee is just really nice jaytee is just really nice jaytee is just really nice jaytee is just really nice jaytee is just really nice

Thank you for the link to that fantastic footage

I adored Mima, she had a cute game and always seemed to be the underdog (partly because she was so short I guess). I remember reading in the World of Tennis Annual that she had a knee injury at Roland Garros 1977 and decided to rally from the backcourt and let her opponents make mistakes. She was the only world class player in Paris that year and deserved her victory
jaytee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #49
country flag ozjohn

ozjohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Just found this clip from 1974 Yugoslav TV includes a 17/18 year old Mima

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xFAUrbKZkU
ozjohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #50
country flag AdeyC
TT BOARD MEMBER

AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Like the earlier poster I always remember going to Eastbourne and she was always happy to sign autographs.

I loved her partnership with Virginia Ruzici, one of my favourite doubles teams at the time.

Always loved her, never forgave her for beating Jo Durie in the French Open semis, but that only lasted for that week

Titles (6) - 2012 - New Haven, SF - WIMBLEDON, 2013 - Beijing, Member of Winning GB Fed Cup Team, 2014 - Brisbane, Dubai, Stuttgart, Rome
Doubles - (Rank : 1) (High : 1)
Titles - (13) (w/tennisbuddy12) 2010 - Bad Gastein, (w/Tuckii) 2013 - ITF Bertioga, (w/mateusz2904) - 2010 - Bogota, ITF -Karuizawa, ITF - Montpellier, 2011 - Bogota, Birmingham, ITF - Poitiers, ITF - Bratislava, 2012 - ITF - Opole, 2013 - Bad Gastein, 2014 - WIMBLEDON, Bad Gastein
AdeyC is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 06:56 PM   #51
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Home Tribute For Mima
Roland Garros winner inducted
to Slovenian Hall of Fame

Congratulations to Mima Jausovec, who was recently enshrined in the Slovenian Athletes Hall of Fame, which was established by the Society of Slovenian Sports Journalists in 2011. Jausovec was, of course, French Open champion in 1977 and runner-up in 1978 and 1983, when she lost to Chris Evert. And, while many of today’s top players hail from Central and Eastern Europe, Jausovec was a trailblazer for the region.

“In the past years when I played under Yugoslavia, tennis was not the most popular sport and I was really the only woman tennis player from the country traveling around until Monica Seles came along,” she notes. “There were a few men, such as Nikola Pilic and Zeljko Franulovic. Still, I was twice athlete of the year in Yugoslavia. “I come from a town called Maribor, which is very close to the Austrian border. Tennis was always big — they played most of the Davis Cup ties there and most of the successful women's tennis players from the past came from the area. But in 1991, we separated from Yugoslavia and became the country of Slovenia.”

After her tour days ended,
Jausovec was Fed Cup captain for Yugoslavia and then from 1991 for Slovenia. In 1992 she opened a tennis club in Maribor, which she still runs along with her brother Zoran, who was her coach on the tour. She has also been a member of the Slovenian Olympic Committee and last year was the coach for Slovenia’s tennis team at the London 2012 Olympic Games. “That was a great experience, being among the best athletes, living in the Olympic village and watching different sports,” she recalls.

Jausovec proudly reports that her son, Tim, born in 1991, is now a junior at Stanford University. “After I visited the new WTA office in St. Petersburg recently, I went to visit him at Stanford, where they had parent's weekend.
“I also met with my old friends from tennis who also graduated from Stanford, Barbara Jordan and her sister Kathy Jordan, with whom I used to play doubles.
We had lunch
together and remembered the nice times we've shared on the tour.”

Jausovec, who was
involved in the former WTA event in Portoroz, Slovenia for six years, added: “I love to be connected to tennis, so I will try to put a new tournament together in the future. Meantime, I love to visit events like Miami and I go to the French Open every year, where I connect with my best friend Virginia Ruzici, who lives there with her family. Her daughter Caroline and my son Tim are very good friends too. As you can see, my life is still around tennis, which I love!”

spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 07:14 AM   #52
country flag DennisFitz

DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
Home Tribute For Mima
Roland Garros winner inducted
to Slovenian Hall of Fame

Congratulations to Mima Jausovec, who was recently enshrined in the Slovenian Athletes Hall of Fame, which was established by the Society of Slovenian Sports Journalists in 2011. Jausovec was, of course, French Open champion in 1977 and runner-up in 1978 and 1983, when she lost to Chris Evert. And, while many of today’s top players hail from Central and Eastern Europe, Jausovec was a trailblazer for the region.

“In the past years when I played under Yugoslavia, tennis was not the most popular sport and I was really the only woman tennis player from the country traveling around until Monica Seles came along,” she notes. “There were a few men, such as Nikola Pilic and Zeljko Franulovic. Still, I was twice athlete of the year in Yugoslavia. “I come from a town called Maribor, which is very close to the Austrian border. Tennis was always big — they played most of the Davis Cup ties there and most of the successful women's tennis players from the past came from the area. But in 1991, we separated from Yugoslavia and became the country of Slovenia.”

After her tour days ended,
Jausovec was Fed Cup captain for Yugoslavia and then from 1991 for Slovenia. In 1992 she opened a tennis club in Maribor, which she still runs along with her brother Zoran, who was her coach on the tour. She has also been a member of the Slovenian Olympic Committee and last year was the coach for Slovenia’s tennis team at the London 2012 Olympic Games. “That was a great experience, being among the best athletes, living in the Olympic village and watching different sports,” she recalls.

Jausovec proudly reports that her son, Tim, born in 1991, is now a junior at Stanford University. “After I visited the new WTA office in St. Petersburg recently, I went to visit him at Stanford, where they had parent's weekend.
“I also met with my old friends from tennis who also graduated from Stanford, Barbara Jordan and her sister Kathy Jordan, with whom I used to play doubles.
We had lunch
together and remembered the nice times we've shared on the tour.”

Jausovec, who was
involved in the former WTA event in Portoroz, Slovenia for six years, added: “I love to be connected to tennis, so I will try to put a new tournament together in the future. Meantime, I love to visit events like Miami and I go to the French Open every year, where I connect with my best friend Virginia Ruzici, who lives there with her family. Her daughter Caroline and my son Tim are very good friends too. As you can see, my life is still around tennis, which I love!”

Thanks for the post! Mima was always one of my favorites!
DennisFitz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #53
country flag Dragonlady

Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light Dragonlady is a glorious beacon of light

Honestly I found her quite boring, basically she was just a much much much worse version of Chris Evert's game, but it was still great for such a small country to have a player of her caliber.
Dragonlady is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote