Bombshell: Hingis is in Serena's training camp - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 07:49 AM   #16
country flag hingis-seles

hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute hingis-seles has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bombshell: Hingis is in Serena's training camp

1999: War of words. Richard Williams: "It'll be an all-Williams final." Hingis: "I am #1 and have five Slams not them. They have big mouths." Serena Williams: "Lack of formal education." Hingis: "I can speak 5 languages so I'm not that dumb." After beating Venus: "I just didn't want the all-Williams final to happen." Serena wins the title and Hingis hugs her to congratulate her.

2001: Hingis d. Serena at AO. Serena: "I have food poisoning. I only ate toast." Hingis: "Watching what you eat is part of being more professional, so she should be better prepared." At the end of the match, both women are all smiles when they meet at the net.

Sure, there was quite a bit of verbal sparring between the two but I never sensed any animosity from either one for the other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:38 AM   #17
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony. View Post
God hope Putintseva throws a tantrum during practice and Serena smacks some sense into the child. Would do good for her career

CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 01:33 PM   #18
country flag alfonsojose

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute alfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

Watch out Serena. Hingis is chasing Patrick's delicious man's ass
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 01:49 PM   #19
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post
Hingis has been at the PMA longer than Serena has.
Indeed. Old news.

A real bombshell would be if Hingis caught PMA and Serena with their pants down.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 02:07 PM   #20
country flag kiwifan

kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute kiwifan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hingis-seles View Post
1999: War of words. Richard Williams: "It'll be an all-Williams final." Hingis: "I am #1 and have five Slams not them. They have big mouths." Serena Williams: "Lack of formal education." Hingis: "I can speak 5 languages so I'm not that dumb." After beating Venus: "I just didn't want the all-Williams final to happen." Serena wins the title and Hingis hugs her to congratulate her.

2001: Hingis d. Serena at AO. Serena: "I have food poisoning. I only ate toast." Hingis: "Watching what you eat is part of being more professional, so she should be better prepared." At the end of the match, both women are all smiles when they meet at the net.

Sure, there was quite a bit of verbal sparring between the two but I never sensed any animosity from either one for the other.
I always thought from the first time I posted here, that European posters didn't "get" trash talk.

In America, especially amongst African Americans and Southern Whites, trash talk is mostly intended to be humorous (and of course to intimidate as well)...but when the game is over the athletes don't even think about what was said before the match begins.

While our local "Martians" recoiled with horror over Richard Williams talking about the ghetto doctor he could send Chucky to, in order to make her legs longer; I'm sure both Hingis and the Williams Sisters just laughed and rolled their eyes at Richard. Multiply that times most of the things the Williams Family has said before a tennis match.

Now things said after a match, clearly in reaction to that match...see Spirlea's bump...and not just referencing the next time they play...that's when the comments might not be so humorous.

I was there when the ALL BLACKS won the World Cup in 2011!!!

"I don't know that I changed all that much. They just found somebody worse." - Aging tennis bad boy Jimmy Connors, referring to John McEnroe, in 1984.

There can never be too many "Sister Slams!"
kiwifan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 02:09 PM   #21
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

News is sooo old, it just shows how "out of touch" NashaMash is
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 03:40 PM   #22
country flag lovethegame

lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light lovethegame is a glorious beacon of light

The real Bombshell is who has been left off the list? Grigor Dimitrov Isnt Patrick coaching him and helping....Serena?
lovethegame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 05:58 PM   #23
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethegame View Post
The real Bombshell is who has been left off the list? Grigor Dimitrov Isnt Patrick coaching him and helping....Serena?
No. They aren't working together anymore.Patrick is Serena's coach now.
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 06:06 PM   #24
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Old news indeed. What would be amazing is to see Martina on Serena's box at the AO

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 06:08 PM   #25
country flag tonybotz

tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future tonybotz has a brilliant future

to those of us who have followed the rivalry since it's inception, this is indeed a bombshell. the irony is delicious.
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 06:11 PM   #26
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
No. They aren't working together anymore.Patrick is Serena's coach now.
I guess Patrick decided it is best to work with an actual GOAT over the possible future GOAT.
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 06:47 PM   #27
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

Where is Grigor?
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 06:53 PM   #28
country flag killerqueen

killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute killerqueen has a reputation beyond repute

Does Daria Gavrilova not go there anymore? She used too..

Elena Baltacha. Never forgotten.
killerqueen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 07:01 PM   #29
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

What's the deal with Moritius? Is it the new Florida?
Old Nov 24th, 2012, 04:18 AM   #30
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

I predict a rapprochement between Serena fans and Hingis fans the next few months.

Hingis fans might even root for Serena the next few months.

SO, could we see Martina in Serena's family box in Sydney? Next to Richard

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 07. 2014
Next Update Date: Post 2015 AO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote