Off Season + Australia - 2013 - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #91
country flag Singleniacki
~*Princess Karolina*~

Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Season + Australia - 2013

Marion pretty much back in the top 10, with a win on Friday, Caro would need a SF to pass her.

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #92
country flag misty1

misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of

very happy and relieved

i agree, she's benefited from the lower temeperatures. Thank goodness she didnt have to play on thursday because thats when its supposed to get hot again
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #93
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

On WTA website : Bartoli overcomes 2011 demons

And highlights on Eurosport : http://video.eurosport.fr/tennis/ope...67/video.shtml
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #94
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

Points defended

Makarova up next. H2H is very comfortable for Marion (4 games lost in 4 sets), but this is the AO so I do think it could go either way. Hopefully it'll be played on a quicker court than the one she played on today.

Zvonareva Kleybanova Mattek-Sands

Niculescu Lisicki Razzano Koukalova Errani

Baltacha (RIP) Robson Watson Gent Konta and the rest of the Brits
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #95
country flag misty1

misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionated View Post
Points defended

Makarova up next. H2H is very comfortable for Marion (4 games lost in 4 sets), but this is the AO so I do think it could go either way. Hopefully it'll be played on a quicker court than the one she played on today.
yeah, id expect her to win that but makarova seems to be a different player at the slams so we'll see
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #96
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

Makarova plays just the sort of tennis Marion likes. She hits flat with little to no variety, she makes mistakes and she's not a fantastic mover. Temperatures should hopefully stay a bit cooler too. Thank god she did not have to play today or it would have been another performance like Zvonareva QF.
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #97
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizé Molik View Post
Makarova plays just the sort of tennis Marion likes. She hits flat with little to no variety, she makes mistakes and she's not a fantastic mover. Temperatures should hopefully stay a bit cooler too. Thank god she did not have to play today or it would have been another performance like Zvonareva QF.
And she's leftie. Marion has less problems with leftie players, especially leftie serve, Safarova, Kvitova, Robson....Makarova's game is based around the leftie serve. To be confirmed....
Maybe some doesn't know. But Marion is leftie, but her dad taught her tennis with the opposite hand (Contrary to Nadal).
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:27 AM   #98
country flag Alizé Molik

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

and she's about to lose
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:37 AM   #99
country flag Singleniacki
~*Princess Karolina*~

Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute

Well this is disappointing especially after the first set.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:48 AM   #100
country flag misty1

she gets one break back

needs to hold now. If she can it puts all the pressure on makarova

15-0

15-15

15-30

hold!

30-30

40-30

deuce

adv. makarova

come on marion!!!!!

deuce

adv. bartoli

deuce

adv. marion
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:54 AM   #101
country flag misty1

hold

3-5 down

now break again marion!
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:58 AM   #102
country flag misty1

shit

2 match points makarova

40-15

40-30

deuce
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:00 AM   #103
country flag misty1

Yes!!!!
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:01 AM   #104
country flag Alizé Molik

makarova is a mental midget but Marion doing a good job of getting in her head. Sone of her return of serves were almost at the service line.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:21 AM   #105
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

Really tough loss. She looked about to cry and didn't acknowledge the crowd.

My opinion of this match: Makarova was executing her game really well. She was killing some good first serves in the second set. I thought she was the better player for most of the first, so it's a credit to Marion's fighting spirit that she was able to come back for 6-6, then come back again to win the tiebreak. I thought she would run away with the second after that, but I guess Makarova has improved as a player.

So glad she didn't get bagelled. Oh well.
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote