Peak Hingis vs Peak Radwanska - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Peak Hingis vs Peak Radwanska

Hingis on all surfaces 91 84.26%
Radwanska on all surfaces 9 8.33%
Hingis on slow , Radwanska on fast surfaces 6 5.56%
Hingis on grass and clay , Radwanska on hardcourts 2 1.85%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 21st, 2012, 04:15 AM   #16
country flag Aryman3

Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future
Re: Peak Hingis vs Peak Radwanska

Hingis lost to 19 y. o. Aga as no 7 in the world
Aryman3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 21st, 2012, 04:21 AM   #17
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryman3 View Post
First of all, Aga was 18. Second of all, ranking is not always an indication of form.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 08:22 AM   #18
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
both are basically the same player
Thanks for this info, I didn't know that Miss Radwanska has 17 wins over the Williams sisters and 4 years as the world #1.
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 08:28 AM   #19
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Totally offensive to Hingis.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 08:47 AM   #20
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 12:25 PM   #21
country flag kusiak

kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of

Leave Martine alone but seriously I'm a VERY BIG fan of Aga and even bigger of Hingis (two my faves ever) but this shouldn't be a question. I think some poeple haven't seen Martina playing her best: that was stunning, amazing , outstanding and just out of this world. Some of the shots she could play were . Aga is great but Martina does everything better when plaiyng peak. We could argue only about serve: well imo Hingis when at her best has had better placement, Aga's is faster but that doesn't mean more effective. The only thing Aga imo is slightly better is defense, but Hingis when reached a shot in the last moment could do much more with the ball, had amazing lobs, better than Aga's so it's equal for me. Answering the poll: Hingis in 2 sets on hardcourts and clay, on grass Hingis in 3 or Radwanska in 3.
kusiak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 12:47 PM   #22
country flag AndreConrad

AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with posters that evaluating "peak" of an active player vs. "peak" of a player that is done with her tennis career is pointless. An active player may (or may not) still elevate their game. This adds to the complexity to an evaluation of players that played in different periods. It just makes no sense. Now when we speak about someone like Martina who was unique in her time with what she could do, it makes it even harder since she was the first and only one playing certain style. Someone later with such style will be rarely considered better just because the style is no longer new. It will be mostly Agnieszka's fans who see something in her that others may not; potential that may allow her to become great which also may or may not happen. All I can say that I am hopeful and excited for the possibility that Agnieszka will develop further and surprise even her most devoted fans. This anticipation makes being player's fan enjoyable and trolls like the OP will continue to try hard to spoil that experience for the fans. Such is TF and not only. For now I will say both of them are great in their own right.
Bally, Rest In Peace!
AndreConrad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 01:47 PM   #23
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Dear God, why

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 01:48 PM   #24
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryman3 View Post
She also lost to Sania Mirza ranked number 8 in the world. Right after beating her 6-1 6-0 the previous week.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."

Last edited by Sammo : Nov 21st, 2012 at 02:12 PM.
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 04:00 PM   #25
country flag forehand27

forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
She also lost to Sania Mirza ranked number 8 in the world. Right after beating her 6-1 6-0 the previous week.
Given that Mirza is an incredibly streaky one dimensional hit or miss ball basher, I dont see how this is supposed to make a point on anything. Against Hingis who she could never rally with (even old Hingis) I am sure she just went for winners on the 1st or 2nd ball of each point, and by the score it is obvious what happened, one day they all fell out, another day was one of her rare days most of them fell in and she won.

That said on the thread title Hingis easily. Radwanska actually looks very underpowered compared to Hingis, Hingis could even play like a ball basher and beat Radwanska that way if she wished. Also while Radwanska might be almost as smart and play with almost as much guile, her placements and directional control, and ability to take the ball early and time it so well, is nowhere near the same level.
forehand27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 04:11 PM   #26
country flag Kasey

Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute Kasey has a reputation beyond repute

Nice try Gurdians to take attention from all those peak threads, which Martha was losing.
Your fave still remains hairy and the lesser one in all those polls she's lost lately.
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 04:14 PM   #27
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

What a clown. I bet even Maria fans are annoyed by him.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 04:15 PM   #28
country flag forehand27

forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold forehand27 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlicznie View Post
Nice try Gurdians to take attention from all those peak threads, which Martha was losing.
Your fave still remains hairy and the lesser one in all those polls she's lost lately.
She is even losing my peak thread to Shirley Fry, that must have been the last straw for Mashatards.
forehand27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 04:55 PM   #29
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by forehand27 View Post
She is even losing my peak thread to Shirley Fry, that must have been the last straw for Mashatards.
you are treating your threads too seriously , but it's not less a joke than this where Serena is losing to Harkleroad

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=471370

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2012, 04:57 PM   #30
country flag N.M.

N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute

Hingis, not to take away her tennis abilities, was really lucky to be born so early. If you look whom she beat in these slams she won, you can say she was lucky to be in the right place at the right time. Even the best opponent - Venus Williams - just played her first slam final and a few weeks earlier was crashing out of Wimbledon R1 to Magdalena Grzybowska of all people. Amelie Mauresmo was a player from nowhere. Conchita Martinez was a puff baller. I guess only wins over Mary Pierce and Jana Novotna (who was not a ballbasher anyway) are good wins.

She couldn't beat serious ball smackers like Davenport or Capriati in the slam finals.

She built fame and winning records on defeating the Testuds, Tauziats, Sanchez-Vicarios and Kournikovas of this world. Hingis legend is one of the things I never got, and I was already an avid tennis fan in her times.

Although, in her last events before she got caught on drugging, she lost twice to Patty Schnyder and once to Radwanska, so rather not physical players, tennis changed a lot since peak Hingis years. Serena, Sharapova, Azarenka, Kvitova, Lisicki, Petkovic, Na Li but also Stosur, to some extend Kerber are hard hitters, some of them are also great in defense (Vika, Kerber, lately Serena) matches against them are very physically draining. We don't know if Hingis had all of her slams (mind she got them quite early, before Davenport and Capriati started trashing her in the finals) if she had to start career nowadays.

Now back on topic, peak Aga has troubles even with non-peak Cetkovska who has the similar style of playing, so Hingis would be my fave here.

www.tenislove.pl
N.M. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote