...HardCourt II - Page 59 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #871
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ...HardCourt II

I think both Sam and Julia are getting a bit too predictable with running around the BH when returning, Zhengcheko are starting to anticipate it.
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:41 AM   #872

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Some serious pressure on Sam's serve that time, but she withstood it well.

She didn't do a lot wrong to be under pressure really, mainly it was few good/lucky shots by Zhengchenko.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:49 AM   #873

Crap, 3-5. This could the end.

Julia crumbling a bit I think.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #874

Some streaky shots by Zhengchenko in the last few games, and they're all landing in
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #875

Sam and Julia break back

4-5, time to show some grit Sammy!
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:56 AM   #876

Love hold from Sam

Awesome serving, plus a lovely BHDTL
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:59 AM   #877

Bathroom break at 5-5, is that allowed?
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:03 AM   #878

5-6, time for Julia to be tough. She's not looking as solid as Sam unfortunately
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:04 AM   #879

DF Julia, seriously?
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:11 AM   #880

4 straight points lost from 40-15 to lose the match

And an error from Sam to seal it. That was cruel, she didn't hit a lot of errors all match. For my money the best player on court by some distance. Julia was a bit flaky, so was Zhengchenko, but they were a luckier in their flakiness.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:13 AM   #881

I suppose we should look on the bright side. Sam has bowed out of Melbourne playing some good tennis. This is a much better way to end her AO campaign than that singles match that must not be named.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:15 AM   #882
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
4 straight points lost from 40-15 to lose the match

And an error from Sam to seal it. That was cruel, she didn't hit a lot of errors all match. For my money the best player on court by some distance. Julia was a bit flaky, so was Zhengchenko, but they were a luckier in their flakiness.
Exactly! How cruel is it that match point came from a Sam error? She was pretty solid throughout the match Julia's second serves in the last game were waiting to be crushed Too little first serves from her today. Why does she only serve GOAT when she is playing Sammy On the bright side - Sam can finally leave Australia.
annetcl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:42 AM   #883
country flag Chim

Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all

[quote=annetcl;23258322]Exactly! How cruel is it that match point came from a Sam error? She was pretty solid throughout the match Julia's second serves in the last game were waiting to be crushed Too little first serves from her today. Why does she only serve GOAT when she is playing Sammy On the bright side - Sam can finally leave Australia.[/QUOTE

So true. I'm happy with Sam's performance today. They should have won the 1st set but the momentum shifted after Julia's medical time out. Not very impressed with the bathroom break. I think that was not too professional. I still think Sam and Lisicki had better chemistry. Hope they will continue to play in the future.
Chim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:59 AM   #884

^The chemistry is certainly different, and I think Sabine is probably a nicer person than Julia, but I don't think the change works too badly for Sam. In a way the roles are reversed now: whereas Sabine was the happy one who often had to cheer Sam up on court (at least it was that way at Wimbledon), now it's Sam who has to pep grumpy Jools up. I have the feeling that having to take care of her partner has a calming effect on Sam. It probably gives her something outside of herself she can focus on.

Still, I agree it'd be nice to see Stosicki back in action at some point in the future.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #885
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Bahhh

It's good to hear that Sammy was playing well throughout the match. I hope that she doesn't focus on the MP too much, I think it's easy to let what happens right at the end define the entire match when something like that occurs. And especially given what happened against Zheng a few days ago

Ah well. Onto the Czech Republic to pwn Kvitova for the first time
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote