...HardCourt II - Page 51 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:15 AM   #751
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold
Re: ...HardCourt II

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
So sad

I remember sitting in the stadium at 5-2, and thinking how great the atmosphere and how solid Sam looked. The court looked bouncier, and Sam seemed to be hitting the FH more consistently from awkward positions. And then...

Another really tough loss for Sam. Unfortunately, it seems unlikely that she'll be able to put it behind her in Australia next year - she might have to put up with the AO/Wimby ranking point blackhole for the rest of her career at this stage

I don't know what to say. Not looking at GM. Can't believe some of the shit on her facebook page, from people who claim to be fans. Fuckwits.

So disappointed
That must have been hard to watch live. Strangely enough she has ended up with more points this year out of the oz series than last year.

Next years schedule should be Hopman Cup, Hobart then Australian Open. Lol

We will all laugh about this when she wins Charleston and the French Open this year
Ado. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:16 AM   #752
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold

@BenRothenberg: Stosur just delayed press by 25 minutes. This may not be pretty...

Poor Sammy
annetcl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:18 AM   #753
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by annetcl View Post
@BenRothenberg: Stosur just delayed press by 25 minutes. This may not be pretty...

Poor Sammy
They are going to cross to it live in Australia. I think this one is going to be raw emotion.
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:18 AM   #754
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

I just want to hug her

Sammy
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:20 AM   #755
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adomoose View Post
They are going to cross to it live in Australia. I think this one is going to be raw emotion.
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:24 AM   #756
country flag Chim

Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all

Quote:

Poor Sammy
Just heard Darren(ESPN) mentioned that he passed by Sam at the corridor and she was very emotional.
Chim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:28 AM   #757
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Sam on TV now.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:29 AM   #758
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

At least she is completely honest
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:32 AM   #759
country flag annetcl

"It was close to being a great day. And now it's not such a great day." \

Oh Sam - tell us about it
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:36 AM   #760
country flag Ado.

She handled that press conference really well. So much better than last year. She was brutally honest in her assessment of what she did right and wrong and admitted to choking. Even had a laugh.I actually think there is lots of hope for our Sammy after that!
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #761
country flag Huntress55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adomoose View Post
She handled that press conference really well. So much better than last year. She was brutally honest in her assessment of what she did right and wrong and admitted to choking. Even had a laugh.I actually think there is lots of hope for our Sammy after that!
So much class.
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:42 AM   #762
country flag annetcl

Its hard to feel anything but down now but this is cracking me up:

Courtney Nguyen ‏@FortyDeuceTwits
Sam Stosur's presser sounds like the tennis equivalent of "I Dreamed a Dream".

Anna L ‏@anna_tennisfan
@FortyDeuceTwits "I dreamed a dream of times gone by... When shots went in and I hit winners... I dreamed my serve would never die..."
"I dreamed the crowd would be forgiving... Then I was young and unafraid... And break points came and weren't wasted..."
"There was a challenge to be made... An ace to hit; Victory tasted... But the doubles come at night... With a shank as loud as thunder... As they tear your hope apart... As they turn your dream to shame" #LesMistosurables

I'm going to sing "With a shank as loud as thundeeeeeeeeeeeerrr..." forever now. Kudos and a half to you, @anna_tennisfan

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:47 AM   #763
country flag miss_molik

miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future miss_molik has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress55 View Post
Do it. Please. For the sake of Sam fans everywhere.

She has worked with with a sports psychologist before though and it obviously hasn't worked. You cant always fix someone, sometimes if its just in their nature its hard to shake.
I actually am studying to become one haha, but I think I'll be a bit late to help her :P

You are right that some people just can't be fixed/helped. I wonder how many different people have worked with her. Would like to know what is going through Ruth Anderson's head right now
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:48 AM   #764
country flag AaronT

AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice AaronT is just really nice

Just saw Sam's press on tv, not as emotional as I thought. Hope she gets over it soon, bounce back quickly and has a great year!
AaronT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 07:48 AM   #765
country flag Chim

Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all Chim is a name known to all

Quote:
Its hard to feel anything but down now but this is cracking me up:

Sam Stosur's presser sounds like the tennis equivalent of "I Dreamed a Dream".

Anna L ‏@anna_tennisfan
@FortyDeuceTwits "I dreamed a dream of times gone by... When shots went in and I hit winners... I dreamed my serve would never die..."
"I dreamed the crowd would be forgiving... Then I was young and unafraid... And break points came and weren't wasted..."
"There was a challenge to be made... An ace to hit; Victory tasted... But the doubles come at night... With a shank as loud as thunder... As they tear your hope apart... As they turn your dream to shame" #LesMistosurables

I'm going to sing "With a shank as loud as thundeeeeeeeeeeeerrr..." forever now. Kudos and a half to you, @anna_tennisfan

She is funny I wonder if she's still a die-hard fan of Stosur like she used to?!
Chim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote