...HardCourt II - Page 27 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 10:49 PM   #391
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold
Re: ...HardCourt II

Stosur v kai-chen Chang first round. Possible Zheng second round. goerges third round. Li Na fourth round.
Ado. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #392
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold

Chang, Georges, zheng have all beaten stosur in the last few months. Revenge time!
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 11:23 PM   #393
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Tricky draw, but could have been a lot worse. I can't see Chang beating Sam a second time, and I think it will work to Sam's advantage that she's played Zheng this week. If she can negotiate those first two matches successfully I'll already be a happy man. Anything after that is pure cream.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 01:17 AM   #394
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

With those three flat hitting players she'll either get into form on the BH or lose in the first round. Obviously I hope it's the former but I'm not sure anymore :/
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 01:23 AM   #395
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Playing Chang could be a really tricky proposition if she's feeling nervous. We didn't see their match at Osaka, but my impression is that she plays a somewhat similar game to Zheng, so hopefully the match in Sydney will be good practice...
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 02:24 AM   #396
country flag Ado.

When I look at some of the first round matches, she could have drawn a lot worse. Some of the first round matches are going to be very interesting. In terms of the seeds, I think Sam has drawn the best section with no Vika, Serena, Venus, Petrova etc.
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 03:32 AM   #397
country flag bertisonline

bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of

In normal circumstances, this is a pretty positive draw allowing Sam to go deep in the contest.

I would say everything is possible: ranging from worst case scenario to extreme good surprises.

B...

Last edited by bertisonline : Jan 11th, 2013 at 03:45 AM.
bertisonline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 03:44 AM   #398

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertisonline View Post
I
I would say everything is possible: ranging from worst case scenario to extreme good surprises.
B...
Yeah, if she can work her way through the potential minefield of the opening couple rounds, she could randomly find herself in the QFs.

But one match at a time. If she gets to the third round, I'll take it as a big victory.

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 05:58 AM   #399
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

It's actually a decent draw. I mean anything can happen with Sam though but if she can get through the first couple of rounds and play herself into form.. Who knows. Her half plays first too so I guess we'll find out sooner rather than later.
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 06:26 AM   #400

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Not that I'm looking that far ahead, but with Li her potential R4 opponent, Aga QF and Maria (as opposed to Serena or Vika) SF, you'd have to call this a good draw. There are tricky opponents in the early rounds for sure, but tbh there are plenty of similar opponents she could have met if she'd landed somewhere else in the draw.

Anyway, one match at a time.
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 07:59 AM   #401

What sucks about this draw is that it's so unbelievably good for Sam in the event that she reaches the second week of the tournament, and especially if she reaches the QF. But what are the odds of that happening, right?

I think she would be favorite to beat Chang, and even Zheng and (maybe) Goerges if it came to that, but what are the odds she'll beat all three given her recent form? I'm going to try to take it one match at a time, and will be happy for any matches Sam wins.
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 08:06 AM   #402

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
What sucks about this draw is that it's so unbelievably good for Sam in the event that she reaches the second week of the tournament, and especially if she reaches the QF. But what are the odds of that happening, right?

I think she would be favorite to beat Chang, and even Zheng and (maybe) Goerges if it came to that, but what are the odds she'll beat all three given her recent form? I'm going to try to take it one match at a time, and will be happy for any matches Sam wins.
Yeah, these points pretty much hit the nail on the head. If she takes it one match at a time, gets her BH into gear, and goes into WarriorSam mode, you would imagine she'd have a very good chance of taking down whoever she faces in the first three rounds. And from there, probably NaNa and ARad could potentially see her into the SFs.

Unfortunately, I agree that getting through the Chang/Zheng/Goerges triad is going to be very tough. But if she does make it through, then she's got a very realistic shot of having a deep run.

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #403
country flag Aussie_Fanatic

Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice Aussie_Fanatic is just really nice

I agree... time for some revenge Go get em Sammy!!!
Aussie_Fanatic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #404

People in GM think KCC will beat Sam at a ratio of 3:2

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 11:55 AM   #405

^Poll choices on GM are pretty much determined by the perceived opportunity to use much-loved smilies and gifs.

The fact that most trolls don't realize that said smilies and gifs make them look incredibly stupid when the result doesn't follow their silly prejudices pretty much determines the number of fucks I give about what they think.

Sam should be fine. Chang had the best week of her career by some distance in Osaka, and hasn't had a top-50 win since. Since then she has lost to players ranked 98, 352 and 177. I can't see her raising her game to that level again when she plays Sam.