...HardCourt II - Page 167 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 02:34 AM   #2491
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ...HardCourt II

Ms Errani is out of Charleston.

I'm kind of on countdown mode, hoping the draw comes out before Sam has time to withdraw. Please hurry draw makers
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 05:58 AM   #2492
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Surprised that Errani is out, thought she was pretty much the Duracel bunny of the WTA. One less obstacle for Sam if she plays and gets that far.

Woz has a WC though, which for some reason really pisses me off. With Serena likely to withdraw I think she smells some easy ranking points. I think she wants to knock Sam off the #9 spot again, which given how much luck she needed in IW to do it last time strikes me as unbelievably tacky.

As you said, we're in countdown mode now. But the fact that she's in Charleston on the night before the draw suggests to me that she'll probably play now. The problem may be that she won't be able to prepare well enough, in which case the R1 bye might be both a blessing and a curse. Gives her more time, but she'll face an opponent in R2 who's already match-hardened, so ....

Just read that Robmond (the WTA's choice, not mine, I would have gone with Rayson or RobRay) thrashed Errani and Vinci to reach the final. If Sara's injured that might be less impressive than it looks, but still, deep in her heart Lisa must be hoping Sam pulls the pin on Raysur.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #2493
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it's funny because, although I haven't actually seen them play together, it seems from the match commentaries that its been Lisa who has been quite flakey rather than Sam. So for her to suddenly start a completely new partnership and have success right away makes me think that something about the Raysur dynamic isn't quite gelling. Maybe they both feel a degree of expectation, being former number ones and grand slam champions.

Sam still on the Charleston entry list. I can just feel NA-MUG writing out a bombshell GM topic about her withdrawal. Please hold on for just a few more hours Sam. She can't quit now, Sinclair and Bertrand would be so disappointed (not to mention me)
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #2494
country flag Sinclair
All about the guns, baby.

Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all

Well, I'm not sure what Woz's motives are, but you can be sure that I will find whatever court she is playing on in R1 and throw some jinxy dance moves her way.

I'm going to need all the Gris-Gris and voodoo I can muster to keep Sam in this tourney!
Sinclair is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 01:56 PM   #2495
country flag bertisonline

bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of

Update: Sam is not on the “official” practice schedule this morning. Tomorrow there is a storm and monday it’s raining. Have a good day! B.
bertisonline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #2496
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold

Should we resurrect the clay thread?
Ado. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #2497

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

^I think we should make a new one, get Sam off to a fresh start after last year's disappointments. I would have done it already if I wasn't afraid of jinxing her recovery
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertisonline View Post
Update: Sam is not on the “official” practice schedule this morning. Tomorrow there is a storm and monday it’s raining. Have a good day! B.
Thanks for keeping us posted like this B.

I suppose it's a bit worrying that Sam hasn't scheduled a practice session today. But with the draw coming out within a couple of hours I'm quietly confident she will play. By my calculations it's nearly midday now in Charleston, and if she isn't going to practice today there is no reason she would not have pulled out already if she was inclined to do so before the draw comes out.

Even the storm and rainy Monday are good for Sam I think. It means that others also won't be able to get out to practice, and gives her an excuse to rest up for another couple of days.
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #2499
country flag bertisonline

bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of

Tuesday is also set for rain. The weather might give additional time to Sam. BTW, She has to test a little bit herself before her first match (Wednesday?).
Note: Caro was on the Stadium a few minutes ago and is suffering with her left feet.
bertisonline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #2500
country flag Sinclair
All about the guns, baby.

Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all Sinclair is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
^I think we should make a new one, get Sam off to a fresh start after last year's disappointments. I would have done it already if I wasn't afraid of jinxing her recovery
Agreed.

As for Sam not practicing....hmm. Only she and the physios will know whether or not practice will help or hurt at this point. I'm staying positive and hope that she is resting up for an extra day. Or maybe she decided to get silly drunk and swing from a chandelier for her birthday. As long as she doesn't push herself to further injury going into the clay season, it's fine by me.

See y'all on the clay thread when I get to Charleston! Woothoo!!
Sinclair is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #2501

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertisonline View Post
Tuesday is also set for rain. The weather might give additional time to Sam. BTW, She has to test a little bit herself before her first match (Wednesday?).
Note: Caro was on the Stadium a few minutes ago and is suffering with her left feet.
Caro's carrying an injury and she asks for a WC into the tournament? That's loony tunes stuff.

Have a safe trip Sinclair!