...HardCourt II - Page 127 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 6th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #1891
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ...HardCourt II

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
I'm struggling between wanting her to play right now and wanting to actually see her play.

Delayed gratification is a bitch
As long as it's gratification it's all good as far as I'm concerned. It's the other thing I don't like so much.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 6th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #1892
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'm struggling between wanting her to play right now and wanting to actually see her play.

They are live streaming the all access hour with the top seeds including Sam at 12.30 pm IW time so lets settle for relaxed Sam on you tube for now
annetcl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 06:00 AM   #1893

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Raysur not on today's schedule, so it looks like they'll play their first match tomorrow, with Sam to play her first singles probably on Saturday. If so, that should actually work out pretty well I think. I am getting a bit impatient though.
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #1894
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

Quote:

Well, given how some of her matches have been this season, actually not seeing it might be a good idea....

I think we have had every match of hers streamed so far this year apart from her match with Hiseh which shouldn't of been on an outside court in the first place.

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #1895

^Sometimes I wonder whether they might do well to start censoring Sam's matches, for the sake of the mental health of her fans
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 02:10 PM   #1896
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold

Wow - Sam has confirmed that Team Raysur will be playing all 3 remaining slams together. Glad they decided to give this a go even though results haven't been too promising. It seems Raysur are 10-0 at IW winning here twice. Hope they bring back some of the old magic when they step on court tomorrow. BMS/Mirza seemed really awful serving wise the last time they played against Raysur but looks to have gotten into form in Dubai. Hopefully team Raysur can play better than what we have seen so far.
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #1897

^That's great news.

Of course we should temper our expectations a bit, it's probably not realistic to expect them to completely rediscover their old magic, but I think it's good for Sam to have a stable doubles partner for a change. And if so, who better than Lisa?
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #1898
country flag annetcl

^Yeah - its just a good avenue for her to have some fun and extra practice in a competitive environment. Hopefully they can win a few matches along the way and get some confidence back.
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 06:03 AM   #1899

Maddy beat Melanie in 3 sets so Sam will play her, tomorrow probably. Apparently Maddy played quite well in difficult cold, slow conditions. I still like Sam's chances if she remains focussed and patient.

Raysur second up on court 7 today. No stream obviously.
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 11:25 PM   #1900
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold

Sam v Keys first match on centre court at 11am tomorrow. (6am AEDT)
Ado. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 12:43 AM   #1901
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

It feels like IW has been going for ever, and finally Sam gets to play a singles match

Raysur d. BMirza 67(8) 63 10-6

Looks like a good match to have won. Sammy needs as many hard fought, close victories as she can get
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 01:02 AM   #1902
country flag annetcl

Great win for Storay against the Dubai Champions. Didn't start off too well down a pair of breaks, they were down 0-3 early doors but won 4 games in a row then games were on serve till the tie break. Storay had 2 serves to serve out the TB at 5-2 but ended losing the tie break 10-8 They broke early in the second but neither team held serve till 2-2. Storay won the next 3 games but Lisa was broken at 5-2 while serving for the set throwing in a DF in the process. They broke again to clinch the set 6-3.

The TB was one way traffic till 5-0 then it got a tad messy @ 8-3 when Lisa was serving to close the match out. She double faulted to bring the TB to 8-4 then the score board froze. I think they won the next point to go 9-4. The scoreboard then refreshed to show Storay winning the TB 10-6. So I think at 9-6 (apparently the best rally of the match based on eye witness account), it was Sam who served it out so thats a good thing

Judging from twitter feeds, it was a really cold day - so not the most conducive weather for tennis - someone tweeted a photo of Sam on court and she was wearing long sleeves (ala Charleston vs Venus) - so it has to be really bad. Quality wise it looks to be a more competitive match and better quality match than the Doha one. The DFs were mostly Lisa - I think Sam only served one double - during the first game of the match - her serve seem to be working better after the first set.

Someone on twitter was actually at the match and had this to say about Storay's performance:

"Very good together. I am not sure why 2nd set momentum picked up. They had BMS/Mirza chasing them and lagged. Coming together now."

"Lights just came on. Best rally of match. 9-6. Wicked."

Good for Sam to get a competitive match in and starting off her IW campaign with a win going into the match tomorrow. Hopefully we find a stream - its on the main court so presumably there would be one.
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 06:39 AM   #1903

Thanks once again for the report annetcl

Good to hear they pulled off the win together, and especially coming back from a set down should be a nice confidence booster. Better weather forecast today, and I think the 11am start in pretty pleasant conditions should suit Sam okay.

She'll need to be sharp, because Madison has a decent game, but tbh I'm quietly confident Sam will pull this off.

Btw: Storay sounds good, better than Raysur I think. It's also got some good chant potential: "Who likes Storay? Me!!!!"
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 07:10 AM   #1904
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

If you're into chants alot more could rhyme with Storay
Old Mar 9th, 2013, 08:00 AM   #1905

^Okay, I'm notoriously slow on the uptake, but I don't see what you're getting at here. Can you give me a clue?