...HardCourt II - Page 122 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:31 AM   #1816
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold
Re: ...HardCourt II

She really isnt top 10 material at the moment. Just really poor shot selection, no real plan and definitely no backup plan.
Ado. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:31 AM   #1817
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adomoose View Post
This is a carbon copy of the jankovic match last year.
I think Sam has some QF hoodoo at Dubai - how can she go from very good in the R16 to so awful during the QF two years in a row? I really don't get it
annetcl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:32 AM   #1818
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Well this is a setback, only time will tell how serious.

The disappointing thing is that this was a serious chance for Sam to win another title. I don't like to think that that thought contributed to the loss, but I'm not convinced.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:34 AM   #1819
country flag annetcl

annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold annetcl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
She really isnt top 10 material at the moment. Just really poor shot selection, no real plan and definitely no backup plan.
I think mentally she is all over the place at the moment - think the last few weeks of last year and the Aussie summer has really dented her confidence big time.
annetcl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:34 AM   #1820
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

That was a mess. Vinci isn't the greatest opponent for Sam but there just never seems to be a gameplan when it comes to a match like this. Huge change of points blown.

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:35 AM   #1821
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

She would be aware of who has dropped out and that was a good draw left for her. It would have added to the nerves Im guessing. It was still just a terrible match for her. But she doesnt play for a little bit now right? She has some time to sort things out.. maybe spend some time lying down on a couch telling a stranger why she's such a headcase
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:35 AM   #1822
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by annetcl View Post
I think Sam has some QF hoodoo at Dubai - how can she go from very good in the R16 to so awful during the QF two years in a row? I really don't get it
I haven't seen Hsieh play before, but I was also under the impression that she plays a similar style of tennis to Vinci, so that match should have been good practice for this QF

I guess the bright side is that she's won four matches and made two QFs, and has beaten a fair few quality players. Not brilliant, but a damn sight better than the Australian Open-Fed Cup swing.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:36 AM   #1823
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post

I guess the bright side is that she's won four matches and made two QFs. Not brilliant, but a damn sight better than the Australian Open-Fed Cup swing.
A small bunch of positives in a whole sea of negatives huh
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:38 AM   #1824
country flag Ado.

Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold Ado. is a splendid one to behold

Glass half full approach
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:40 AM   #1825
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress55 View Post
A small bunch of positives in a whole sea of negatives huh
Quote:
Glass half full approach
What can I say? As a Sam fan you have to take whatever the hell you're given
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:41 AM   #1826
country flag Ado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress55 View Post
She would be aware of who has dropped out and that was a good draw left for her. It would have added to the nerves Im guessing. It was still just a terrible match for her. But she doesnt play for a little bit now right? She has some time to sort things out.. maybe spend some time lying down on a couch telling a stranger why she's such a headcase
I think this forum is our therapy couch to deal with being a Stosur fan!
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:42 AM   #1827
country flag Huntress55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
What can I say? As a Sam fan you have to take whatever the hell you're given
I was like that once but I think Sam broke me
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:42 AM   #1828
country flag jensou

jensou is just really nice jensou is just really nice jensou is just really nice jensou is just really nice jensou is just really nice jensou is just really nice jensou is just really nice jensou is just really nice jensou is just really nice jensou is just really nice jensou is just really nice

I'm at the point where I really have to question what Dave Taylor is doing? Too many matches like this where I feel like Sam has absolutely no game plan. It's like she just goes out there and tries to serve big and hit hard and see how her opponent handles it. But when they do handle it, well, what then?

Ugh, my unyielding support for her is so tiring.
jensou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:45 AM   #1829
country flag Huntress55

Im pretty sure DT comes up with game plans for her before the match. It comes down to Sam though. Sometimes the plan is there but she cant execute so she becomes frustrated and everything goes out the window. Sometimes the plan doesnt work though and I feel most of the time Sam gets pretty lost as to what to do. I feel like she just kind of tries to out muscle her opponents, I mean she has her serve but other than that she can seem a little lost. I dont think she trusts herself enough out there either. Yet another mental issue of course.
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 10:45 AM   #1830
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

In terms of confidence I think Sam needs to go with the glass half full. But in terms of her game she really needs to rethink how she approaches her matches I think. With opponents like this she has to go out with the idea in her head what she can do to inflict the maximum amount of pain as early as possible. Let somebody like Vinci dictate terms early on and it can be really hard to break out of that.

That said, as Adomoose said, she also really needs to work more with a backup plan when her plan A isn't working, or at the very least stop doing the things that are clearly not working.

Time for Dave to start earning his wage.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote