Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II - Page 42 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #616
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future
Re: Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II

Haha Julia gives her the point back Errani would have gotten at that bad call before.

2nd set will be interesting, when Julia gets those crosscourt balls in she should dominate.

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova
Ziva is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 19th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #617
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

3-6
Not quite unexpected but still - what a strange match. Absolutely no winner of Errani so far.
She just keeps the ball in play that`s it relying on Julia` errors.
All rallies ends with a winner or an Ue of Julia.
Overall a poor first set from Julia today which show her inability to simply keep up a consistent play for more than 2 games.
joy division is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #618
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

This is disappointing. I had hoped that Errani would be a decent match up for her. I know the wind doesn't help, but still, there were some really bad UEs and her serve isn't working at all.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #619
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

expected. constant players like errani, radwanska etc. pp is usually a bad matchup for julia (excepted woz)...
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #620
country flag Skoo

Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of

OMG, Errani's stats
Skoo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #621
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at those stats, all Errani has to do is get her first serves it and not make too many errors. 0 winners and Julia still lost with a double break.
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #622
country flag KatjaS

These kind of mistakes are completely unnecessary. If she is unsure about her position, just moonball it back, it's not like Errani would punish her for it.
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #623

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
Making the same mistake as Mona did. If there is one player who isn't freaked out by her opponent approaching the net it's Errani. Your approach shot has to be great, otherwise you are gonna get burned.
I haven`t seen Julia at the net so far in this match.
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #624
country flag KatjaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
I haven`t seen Julia at the net so far in this match.
When I wrote that she just went to the net with a mediocre approach shot and of course got a good reply back and netted the volley. I did not see the first half of the set so I can't say how much she had done it in the past, but usually the "let's just go to the net and hope the opponent panics" is a play Julia likes.
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #625
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future

Errani has 0 winners?

The future of the WTA
SLOANE STEPHENS MADISON KEYS MONICA PUIG ELINA SVITOLINA
EUGENIE BOUCHARD

RIP Elena Baltacha. You were taken far too soon from us. You will be missed, loved and remembered.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #626
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

break for julia
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #627
country flag KatjaS

That was better.
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #628
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future

And there's the break.

The future of the WTA
SLOANE STEPHENS MADISON KEYS MONICA PUIG ELINA SVITOLINA
EUGENIE BOUCHARD

RIP Elena Baltacha. You were taken far too soon from us. You will be missed, loved and remembered.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #629
country flag Skoo

Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of

There were some signs she can actually play today, maybe there's still hope
Skoo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 19th, 2013, 10:04 AM   #630

Some more precision patience and pressure from Julia and Errani is done.
The problem is that she can`t keep it up.
Closed Thread