Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II - Page 266 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 03:33 AM   #3976
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all
Re: Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II

Just started watching Julia vs Cirstea at AD-40 for Julia. Julia fires a huge ace and it's 2-3 in the first set. Commentator said she needed that ace--I guess things are going too well so far....
kadiHH is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 03:46 AM   #3977
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all

Now it's 3-4. Just a couple of observations at this point--her serve is working--5 aces so far--but it's the usual story of lots of unforced errors that drag her down. Win she hits one of her forehand winners it's really something to behold, but as always her inconsistency gets in the way of any forward progress.
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 03:54 AM   #3978
country flag kadiHH

Julia breaks back to 4-4. UE's by Julia 15, Cirstea 5. Her forehand's working, her serve is working, but the UE's.... Cirstea's service game isn't working so well, thank goodness.
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 03:58 AM   #3979
country flag kadiHH

Cirstea breaks back thanks to a UE by Julia, 4-5. Julia's playing aggressively--she must have performed some kind of ritual to exorcise the Bagel from Begu.
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 04:06 AM   #3980
country flag kadiHH

Julia loses first set, 4-6. If I dare to turn away for less than a minute, I miss three points. Julia rarely engages in long volleys thanks to the predictable forced errors.
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 04:22 AM   #3981
country flag kadiHH

Completely missed first game of 2nd set, 0-1.
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 05:23 AM   #3982
country flag kadiHH

Here's the recap from 1-2 in the second set:
0-15 UE FH Julia
0-30 FH winner Cirstea
15-30 UE Cirstea
15-40 UE FH Julia
Julia down 1-3 on FH volley into net

Julia comes back 2-3 with Ace #7 and wins on big FH.

0-15 UE FH into net (does she even hit backhands any more?)
15-15 FH winner just caught the line
15-30 UE FH Julia
15-40 FE FH Julia

2-4. Camera focuses on Raj and Nensel. Both are wearing sunglasses, both have emotionless expressions, and they are negative images of each other, one in white, one in black. They look like the Blues Brothers.

Julia comes back, 3-4. Cirstea with a one FE and 2 UE's, and Julia wins on a screaming FH.

0-15 Cirstea FH winner
15-15 FE Cirstea
30-15 FE wide Julia
30-30 FH winner down the line Julia
finishes up with two awesome forehands that Cirstea can't touch

Julia's tied it up 4-4

Quickly down 0-40 she breaks back to deuce only to lose with a DF.

Cirstea's coach comes on at 4-5 to say some calming words because the match is hers if she can hold it together.
Where are Julia's abundant coaches? Still sitting in stands, with same expressionless looks. I guess that's why they get the big bucks.

Last Game--Julia has 2 MPs against her, and it's over.

She loses, 4-6 4-6. 56 UE's. Cirstea's service game was worse than Julia's, but in the end she just let Julia hang herself with the UE's and took advantage of her inability to cover the court.
Old Sep 26th, 2013, 04:37 AM   #3983
country flag kadiHH

Starting to watch doubles against Peng/Hsieh. Julia has KT tape covering her forearm all the way up to her elbow.

There's a big crowd, probably to see the No. 1 seeds.

And Peng starts off with DF--maybe there's hope for Julia and BZS.

Or maybe not. 0-1 with a bout of UE's from BZS and Julia.
Old Sep 26th, 2013, 04:47 AM   #3984
country flag kadiHH

I'm having trouble figuring out if Julia's grimaces are from pain she's experiencing, or from watching her painful shots. 0-3.
Old Sep 26th, 2013, 04:52 AM   #3985
country flag kadiHH

0-4. I'm thinking this is going to be a quick match. Simply put, they're being outplayed.
Old Sep 26th, 2013, 04:57 AM   #3986
country flag kadiHH

Julia holds and they avoid the bagel, 1-5.
Old Sep 26th, 2013, 05:05 AM   #3987
country flag kadiHH

Julia has 3 in a row sharp-angle slap down winners, 3-5.
Old Sep 26th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #3988
country flag kadiHH

Peng serves an ace to win the first set. Julia and BZS lose 3-6, although they did make a pretty coordinated comeback from down 0-5.
Old Sep 26th, 2013, 05:25 AM   #3989
country flag kadiHH

BZS and Julia playing better now, 2-1. At 0-4 in the first I thought this match was going to be a blow-out, but they're playing with better positioning and consequently have more opportunities for aggressive winners.
Old Sep 26th, 2013, 05:31 AM   #3990
country flag kadiHH

Julia's broken, 2-3. There's something different about her serve as she tosses the ball. I'm going to have to watch video from a previous match to figure out what it is.
Closed Thread