Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II - Page 198 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 10:21 PM   #2956
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia Görges - Official Live Scoring thread II

Her career progression starts to remind me of ALG.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 07:14 AM   #2957
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
Her career progression starts to remind me of ALG.
How exactly? ALG cut her ties to an abusive coach when she was a Top 20 player, gained 20 kilos in the off-season and couldn't deal with the attention on her weight and the psychological terror De Mora was still subjecting her to and started losing and losing.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 09:35 AM   #2958
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
How exactly? ALG cut her ties to an abusive coach when she was a Top 20 player, gained 20 kilos in the off-season and couldn't deal with the attention on her weight and the psychological terror De Mora was still subjecting her to and started losing and losing.
No, I mean post-2008. Sticked with Dirk Dier throughout allthough it was clear that he couldn't help her. She had a good year or two again, coming back to about the level of top 60, and then it all went downhill from there when she had that injury break, she started losing and losing. And she always played as much doubles as Julia did.

Julia is still on a much higher level than ALG at that time... But the coaching situation, the results this year and the focus on doubles are similair. Fortunately though, she is still winning more matches.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 10:25 AM   #2959
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
Es stimmt, war im Doppel-Viertelfinale, und auch die BBC-Kommentatoren haben sich extrem gewundert bzw. darüber mokiert. Sind nach dem 1. Satz gegangen (die Kamera hat das Ende Abgangs noch eingefangen) und haben BZS' Coach da alleine sitzen lassen. Irgendwann hat sich dann ihr Physio (der etwas stämmigere) mit in die Box gesetzt. Die Kamera hat sie dann im 3. Satz auf der Terrasse des Spieler-Clubgebäudes wiedergefunden. Julia war sehr schlecht in dem Match, keine Frage, aber sowas hilft sicher nicht (und ist auch eine katastrophale Aussendarstellung, wenn man es Live im TV verfolgen kann).
Before Michael, the Mod freaks out I take this here.

That is indeed a strange reaction. Obviously you can say that it was a last desperation attempt to motivate her, the proverbial kick in the ass, but if you have to use that extreme method to reach her your time together is up. If you were just annoyed as a coach at least have the backbone to end your partnership right there. Many coaches are too scared to do that. It weakens their coaching position now and in the future.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 10:28 AM   #2960
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Before Michael, the Mod freaks out I take this here.

That is indeed a strange reaction. Obviously you can say that it was a last desperation attempt to motivate her, the proverbial kick in the ass, but if you have to use that extreme method to reach her your time together is up. If you were just annoyed as a coach at least have the backbone to end your partnership right there. Many coaches are too scared to do that. It weakens their coaching position now and in the future.

well, I could get even more freaky telling you that this is Julia´s livescore thread and not one of her "normal" threads

but anyway, discussions in live scoring threads are normal, I also do that straight after the matches but general discussions should move to her tournament threads at least at some point but that is obvious
Michael! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 10:36 AM   #2961
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Not moving this discussion a third time, here it's sort of on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Motivation attempt might be an explanation, but in my opinion, she was definitely trying, it just wasn't working. And it was an extremely close match (they actually pretty much had won the first set if it weren't for a complete brain freeze by BZS (who was overall the much better player, not to put any blame on her)).

I think it sends a horrible message to your player, who is clearly lacking any confidence and it's also very embarrassing given that it's happening on live TV and the commentators are mocking you for it ("Somebody get them binoculars so they can see what's happening!").

It baffled me at the time, and thinking about it now it baffles me even more.
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #2962
country flag KatjaS

Playing doubles right now, *4-5. Watched only the last game, but she hasn't made an error yet.
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #2963
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all

I watched the first few games which were awful. I stopped watching the stream because it keeps getting hung up. As soon as I started following on live scores, though, they amazingly improved.
kadiHH is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #2964
country flag KatjaS

Well now they got broken for the set, but that was pretty much completely her partner's fault.
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #2965
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all

Well, that's good to hear. I'm just going to follow on live scores because my husband is on a teleconference meeting and needs the bandwidth, but I'll follow the comments here....
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #2966
country flag KatjaS

Julia's participation in the first game of the second set: Good backhand return, awful 2nd serve forehand return, good backhand return, brutal forehand that set up an easy volley for Jurak. Literally that's all the shots she hit. The points are quite short.
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #2967
country flag kadiHH

After the first two games I had no confidence that she could even clear the net.
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #2968
country flag KatjaS

She's playing ok now. Better than Monday, but she doesn't really have to move much. But no crazy unforced errors aside from that one missed return so far.
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #2969
country flag kadiHH

Maybe that long workout had some effect.
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #2970
country flag KatjaS

It's still mostly Jurak that screws up. Hit 2 lobs long in that game.
Closed Thread