Would you rather have the best backhand or best forehand in the women's game? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Forehand or backhand?

Forehand 50 68.49%
Backhand 23 31.51%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 21st, 2012, 07:49 PM   #46
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Would you rather have the best backhand or best forehand in the women's game?

Backhand, because mine is very good and I love hitting backhands The forehand sucks though.

R.I.P. Bally
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 28th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #47
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future
Re: Would you rather have the best backhand or best forehand in the women's game?

When you combine a really amazing forehand with absurdly good footwork/movement and court coverage you get a player that's quite special.

Just look at Steffi Graf, Pete Sampras, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal..
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #48
country flag chuvack

chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
Neither would do me any good as I would completely fail my first doping/drug test.

No worries, it's easy to pass those tests; just ask anyone in the WTA top 20.
chuvack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #49
country flag chuvack

chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The best players ever (Graf and Federer), and players with strong forehands in general, rely on this pattern a lot. This also solves the problem of defending the backhand. (Although both players were also susceptible to a perfect BTL - and it had to be perfect since it was going to their stronger forehand side - from the opponent, which is a difficult shot to execute that well even for players who excel in it.)

A good point - how many times did Safin with his famous down-the-line BH beat Federer? Maybe twice out of twenty... and the same situation with Graf and Davenport.
chuvack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote