Most Over-Rated player of 2012 is....? - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 19th, 2012, 04:29 AM   #76
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Most Over-Rated player of 2012 is....?

Sharapova, she reached the final of 2 slams winning one and the olympic final another slam SF and the YEC Final. Didn't lose b4 the QF of any tournament apart from Wimbledon won 3 titles in all so yeah I'd go with that overrated bitch.....
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 19th, 2012, 06:39 AM   #77
country flag Mugria

Mugria is a glorious beacon of light Mugria is a glorious beacon of light Mugria is a glorious beacon of light Mugria is a glorious beacon of light Mugria is a glorious beacon of light Mugria is a glorious beacon of light Mugria is a glorious beacon of light Mugria is a glorious beacon of light Mugria is a glorious beacon of light Mugria is a glorious beacon of light Mugria is a glorious beacon of light

Maria could win every WTA tournament and maybe even some ATP ones and she'd still be overrated
Mugria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 07:06 AM   #78
country flag Smith Saybrook

Smith Saybrook has much to be proud of Smith Saybrook has much to be proud of Smith Saybrook has much to be proud of Smith Saybrook has much to be proud of Smith Saybrook has much to be proud of Smith Saybrook has much to be proud of Smith Saybrook has much to be proud of Smith Saybrook has much to be proud of Smith Saybrook has much to be proud of Smith Saybrook has much to be proud of Smith Saybrook has much to be proud of

Barthel during the first part of the year hands down. Sort of a more successful Jovanovski hype that happened the year previously.

Even though she made two finals I say Goerges too. Anytime she has any sort of hype people start wetting themselves, but she'll forever be this streaky sort of player in my opinion.
Smith Saybrook is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 08:05 AM   #79
country flag jetglo

jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute jetglo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj74 View Post
Some people seems to not know what overrated means, when you expect big results for someone but reality is very different. When you are putting the player as favourite to win everything but she is lucky to reach the fourth round, that's being overrated.
The doesn't aply Errani in any way, in fact everybody is expecting her to lose at any round, but she reach almost everytime the final stages.

I know everybody has their taste on tennis games, and i perfectly undertand that not everybody is going to enjoy Errani's game (i'm not a big fan either), but she is not overrated by any means
Correct, yet some here consider if a player is injured for a significant length of time and doesn't play, and struggles for form and touch when they do finally return, this somehow still qualifies as them being over-rated. What sort of results would you expect from a player you know isn't playing a tournament? Could someone who misses 4 tournaments in a row be accused of under-performing when there's been no performance at all?

When it comes to "all the Germans", Petkovic was out most of the season, Barthel struggled with a foot injury for months following Stuttgart which derailed her season, Lisicki was injured for significant parts of the season and then lacked match fitness as a result, yet they're supposed to be "over-rated because of these injuries? What a joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSzávay View Post
Julia Görges… Everyone still talks about her as a future talent with major potential. I'm not saying it isn't true but she did ZERO to show that in 2012 (and really since winning Stuttgart).
If you actually watched her matches this year you wouldn't be making such a stupid statement.
jetglo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 09:14 AM   #80
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Kerber, overranked and overrated. Half of her top10 wins this year are flukes.

Kvitova, constantly. And right now she is 4th odds favorite to win AO, probably because of the weak field.
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 11:15 AM   #81
country flag lenas warriors

lenas warriors has a brilliant future lenas warriors has a brilliant future lenas warriors has a brilliant future lenas warriors has a brilliant future lenas warriors has a brilliant future lenas warriors has a brilliant future lenas warriors has a brilliant future lenas warriors has a brilliant future lenas warriors has a brilliant future lenas warriors has a brilliant future lenas warriors has a brilliant future

Stosur, Kvitty-goat (she deserves this dishonour), Ivanovic, part time Kimmie.

Aga has a shout for her post Wimbledon run but not for before that.
Amaze-arenka and Shit-ova
Hantuchova, Petrova, Zvonareva, Goerges, The Other Czechs, Halep, Zakopalova, Bouchard
Li, Sharapova, Pavlyuchenkova, The Other Russians, Kerber, Kanepi, Shvedova, Martic, Watson, Robson, Kimiko, Barthel, Erakovic
lenas warriors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote