Most Over-Rated player of 2012 is....? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 17th, 2012, 08:43 AM   #46
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future
Re: Most Over-Rated player of 2012 is....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbenga View Post
Kvitova of course. I just don't see why all the hype.
Yes. She and Errani.
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 17th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #47
country flag N.M.

N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute N.M. has a reputation beyond repute

Kvitova can play great game, she proved it especially in 2011, but also last year. I don't think she's that particularly overhyped? Just had a slower season, but still successful. We don't know if 2012's Kvitova (Vika) can mentally and physically keep up in 2013. Petra quite couldn't, but it's not something so very bad. She's still one of the top.

Also surely not Radwanska, she's pretty much hated on here. I don't see how someone insulted in every second post is over rated

I think it would be typically someone very pretty with nice, offensive, yet often erratic game, like Goerges or Kirilenko. They have good careers with ranks that reflect the abilities, but sometimes I bump into tweets like these two were good enough to win slams...

When to look at bookmakers' odds, Barthel and Robson are horribly overrated Mona at the beginning of the season, Laura after USO, like she already won that slam. Her odds in Asia were ridiculous for somebody this young and without major successes.

www.tenislove.pl
N.M. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 09:30 AM   #48
country flag jj74

jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraya00000 View Post
Yes. She and Errani.
Errani overrated? you must be kidding. Everyone here saying she is just a lucky journeywoman. You don't see any hype about her, and the truth is she work hard and her results are really great.

Some people need to learn that there are a lot more ways to play tennis than bashing the ball with every stroke
jj74 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #49
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj74 View Post
Errani overrated? you must be kidding. Everyone here saying she is just a lucky journeywoman. You don't see any hype about her, and the truth is she work hard and her results are really great.

Some people need to learn that there are a lot more ways to play tennis than bashing the ball with every stroke

What? More ways to play Tennis, sure..but please, stop the Errani-way...
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #50
country flag jj74

jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute

Some people seems to don't know what overrated means, when you expect big results for someone but reality is very different. When you are putting the player as favourite to win everything but she is lucky to reach the fourth round, that's being overrated.
The doesn't aply Errani in any way, in fact everybody is expecting her to lose at any round, but she reach almost everytime the final stages.

I know everybody has their taste on tennis games, and i perfectly undertand that not everybody is going to enjoy Errani's game (i'm not a big fan either), but she is not overrated by any means
jj74 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #51
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj74 View Post
Some people seems to don't know what overrated means, when you expect big results for someone but reality is very different. When you are putting the player as favourite to win everything but she is lucky to reach the fourth round, that's being overrated.
The doesn't aply Errani in any way, in fact everybody is expecting her to lose at any round, but she reach almost everytime the final stages.

I know everybody has their taste on tennis games, and i perfectly undertand that not everybody is going to enjoy Errani's game (i'm not a big fan either), but she is not overrated by any means
I agree. But it doesn't come as a surprise that most think that asking "who's the most overrated player" is identical to asking "which player do you like the least."

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #52
country flag Monzanator

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.M. View Post
Kvitova can play great game, she proved it especially in 2011, but also last year. I don't think she's that particularly overhyped? Just had a slower season, but still successful. We don't know if 2012's Kvitova (Vika) can mentally and physically keep up in 2013. Petra quite couldn't, but it's not something so very bad. She's still one of the top.
From 6 titles in 2011 (incl. Wimbledon and YEC) to just two in 2012 (and no GS final) that's not what I call a successful season. It would have been successful for an aspiring Top 10 player but not for someone who was supposed to be the new dominator and take over #1 from Wozniacki. Given the high expectations, Kvitova underperformed badly in 2012. Question remains whether underperfoming means the same as over-hyped?
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Nantes 50k '10, Bucharest 75k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #53
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Kvitova obviously totally disappointed this year. Had trouble beating top 10 players the whole year and lack of fitness is the most damning.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
17 majors:5255

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #54
country flag Jerem
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future Jerem has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I agree. But it doesn't come as a surprise that most think that asking "who's the most overrated player" is identical to asking "which player do you like the least."
This

And there is the obvious problem of the discussions in GM: a cruel lack of objectivity from many posters, poisoning the debates with endless childish statements without any kind of mind.

This notion of "overrated player" exists only in a subjective reasoning. No player can be truly 'overrated' as no judgement can be objectively true, so the question doesn't make sense
Jerem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #55
country flag Aryman3

Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future Aryman3 has a brilliant future

You may precisely answer who is over- and who is underrated by comparing systematically bettors expectations with real results.
Aryman3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #56
country flag acetoace

acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaP View Post
The winner of RG and queen of clay is overrated? ok......

Queen of what? Yeah right....just like she was Queen of Grass, Queen of USO and Queen of AO, right or is she no longer queen of those surface according to her fans?? Dress her in borrowed robes all u want, but we all know who the Queen of them surfaces are and pova's name ain't even close to any of them. Can we talk of Henin, Venus, Kim Y Serena?

Wimbledon: Venus 6, Serena 5.
USO: Venus 2, Kim 3, Serena 4
AO: : Serena 5,
FO: : Henin 5

By your standard, a player who luckily win a slam on a surface is suddenly queen of that surface? Never mind that the ultimate prize of authority on any surface is the slam. Pova has never won more than 1 in her almost a decade on tour and has never, I mean NEVER defended any she won to date. Queen of Clay, huh?

Pova is the most overrated player ever!!
acetoace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 01:10 AM   #57
country flag Tag

Tag is just really nice Tag is just really nice Tag is just really nice Tag is just really nice Tag is just really nice Tag is just really nice Tag is just really nice Tag is just really nice Tag is just really nice Tag is just really nice Tag is just really nice

sharapova is overrated because she has occasional good years when everyone is mostly injured or off form

when the best players (SERENA) are fit and competing, she loses

it's simple
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 01:16 AM   #58
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Indeed, in general people here tend to give the same answer to different questions.
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 06:10 AM   #59
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Do people actually know what overrated means? If so, then how the fuck are Radwanska and Errani overrated when every other poster thinks they're talentless scrubs?

Last edited by Brad[le]y. : Nov 18th, 2012 at 09:32 AM.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #60
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad[le]y. View Post
Do people actually know what overrated means? If so, than how the fuck are Radwanska and Errani overrated when every other poster thinks they're talentless scrubs?
Yup. Errani especially. Infact she has to be the most underrated player in this forum by a big margin. No player this year has won more matches they were expected to lose than Errani. That is the best possible indication a player is underrated.

Find the player who has lost the most matches they were expected to win and you have the most overrated player. It's that simple.